Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
10 answers
636 views
Telerik,

I read your article on passing parameters, but I'm still somewhat confused. Here are my questions:

1. Do I need to set a variable on the SQL statement and then set the value of the variable in the parameter dialog and in code? Exampe:

When I create the report, using the query editor, I would create:

SELECT CustomerID, CustomerName from Customer
Where CustomerID = @CustomerID (<-- do I need to create this in my select statement?)

When I create the report to display a report with a selected customer, do I need to use the ReportParameters collection as well to set the value of the above CUSTOMERID?

Do I need to create a ReportParameter collection item in order to set that iten's value in code? Example:

report1.ReportParameters[0].Value = iCustomerID;

report1.Report = report1;


Please advise.

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Jul 2008
4 answers
238 views
Ok here is the deal Windows Vista, VS 2008, Latest Download (as of this morning) of Report Objects...

Open new project drop the reportViewer on the page hit F5 and all i get is...

Server Error in '/ReportEngine' Application.  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
 
Configuration Error   
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.   
 
Parser Error Message: The 'system.webServer' start tag on line 21 does not match the end tag of 'system.web'. Line 65, position 5.  
 
Source Error:   
 
 
Line 63:   
Line 64:   
Line 65:   </system.web> 
Line 66: </configuration> 
 
   
 
Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config    Line: 65   
 
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1434; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1434  

This happens with "anything" even opening up one of the examples and running it I have been over the web.config file a million times and it is formated just fine...

Here is where it gets even more mind boggling remove the 

<

telerik:ReportViewer ID="ReportViewer1" runat="server" />

from the page and everything works fine I know this is not me as even if i do it manually following the getting started guide everything works fine creating the report class file etc. works like a charm and even in winForms it works but the second i drop and/or add the tag to the page BOOOM! and yes 

<%

@ Register assembly="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=2.5.8.519, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" namespace="Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms" tagprefix="telerik" %>

is registered and dll files are where they should be

Any Ideas, I am about ready to just go back to reporting services and crystal as this is driving me up a wall.

And before you ask I have tried this with and without ajax, on 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 and no matter what i do it just bombs out

Christopher Bishop
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Jul 2008
1 answer
270 views

Hi all.

I have a problem with Telerik Reporting and I need an advice.
I’m trying to do a master/detail report with subreports, using LINQ and NeedDataSource event.
Now I have a report and a subreport in it, and want to retrieve data in a master/detail order. I tried to add a new subreport constructor with a parameter that is transmitted to the Data source of the subreport, but it just retrieves the first registry from the database and repeats it for each element in the main report. I tried to add a new propriety and assign a value to it in the main report, but the result was the same. I think that’s because NeedDataSource is fired once at the subreport initiation.

Is there any solution the problem? How could such a master/detail report be build?

Thanks in advance.

Fachmann.

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jul 2008
13 answers
384 views
I was wondering.. if I create a class library report... and I progammatically access the data... How do i add a parameter so that i can filter the search on the report when i deploy the library to a web project that has the viewer in it..?

I am making a report for engine parts... and I need to be able to tell it what engine to select dynamically from my web application...

your help is appreciated..

thanks,

jeff
sircutbreaker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2008
3 answers
194 views
In my Web application, I am building a Topic Library, in which I allow users to post their topic in rich-text format.  I use 2 fields
- TopicName: type string.
- TopicContent: type string. I use RadEditor to help users to create the content and I store the HTML string to the database

Now, in Telerik Reporting, I am using 2 TextBox to display TopicName and TopicContent. The Report Preview works fine, it display the topic-content in the right format, rich-text. However, when I click on the button Export to export the report to PDF/Rich Text/TIFF/Excel, the results contain the whole HTML string. I think this is because of HTML render.

Does anyone have any suggestion to get the right format in PDF/RichText ?

Hien Phan
hienphand
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2008
2 answers
204 views
When I tried to deploy my application, which has a Telerik ReportViewer in it tied to a reporting class library, I got "ReportViewer is undefined." Everything works on my development server, and the problem isn't missing .dlls as best I can tell.

I followed the steps outlined in the knowledge base for deploying a web application.
http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-mdk-b454T-a-b454c-a.aspx

Any suggestions?
Carla Harker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Jul 2008
1 answer
159 views
Hi,
  I am wondering along with the extended functionality of Excel reporting, does the Reporting tool provide capability to export to multiple SpreadSheets?

If so, can you please direct me to the documentation/example if there is any out there?

thanks
Aditya
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2008
5 answers
377 views
Hi,
1. Is it possible to change the report definition after compilation in Telerik Reporting?
2.Also, to be able to add new report definitions after compilation
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2008
2 answers
121 views
so i have read the html considerations but still i cant get column headers and details to line up .. is there some trick to this


thanks
kevin
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2008
4 answers
254 views
i installed the trial version and then upgraded to the production version. i copied the .dlls into my application, and in my development environment, all works great. i also copied these same .dlls to my production environment. however, the red message to purchase the commercial version still appears. this message does not appear on my development machine.

did i miss something? i know this should be easy, but i cannot seem to get the message to go away.

thanks,
susan
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?