Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
226 views
Hello,

when I export my report to excel the number values are rendered as cells that are formatted as text. Even if I set the format property on the report textbox to {0:N}. How do I get the output to register as numbers in Excel?

Here's some more information about what I'm doing.

- the datasource for the report is datatable set at runtime
- the textbox values are things like "=Fields.post_po"
- I didn't use the wizard to generate this report
- very basic report with only pageheader, detail, and pagefooter sections

Thank You,
Govinda
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2008
2 answers
208 views
Hi,

I am using the Telerik report 2.0 (Q3 2007), but recently I wanted to use the new released barcode. So I installed the Q2 2008 without uninstall Q3 2007. Now the problem is: when I am import the the namespace Telerik.Reporting , it will give me a hightlight showing ambiguous namespace. May I know how to solve this?

Thanks in advanced.
Ivan
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2008
1 answer
175 views
Thie example does not seem to work.   I want to catch the report and find an integer value and replace it with a string.  Do you know how to do that?
I do not see many examples. 

  private void detail_ItemDataBound(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        {
            Processing.DetailSection section = sender as Processing.DetailSection;
            Processing.ReportItemBase extraShipping = section.Items.Find("extraShippingCostTextBox", false)[0];
            DataRowView row = section.DataItem as DataRowView;
            if (null != row)
            {
                object val = row.Row["Weight"];
                if (!(val is DBNull) && ((decimal)val) > 10)
                {
                    extraShipping.Visible = true;
                }
                else
                {
                    extraShipping.Visible = false;
                }
            }
        }
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2008
3 answers
88 views
I am looking at the design view of my class based report and I can't see the buttons to zoom in, align, etc.  Is there some setting that I need to enable in order to see them?
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2008
3 answers
104 views
Is there a way to use ajax with the report viewer?  I have tried but it does not seem to work.  Thanks
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2008
5 answers
235 views
Hi,

I know currently you can currently programmatically call export functions etc.

I was wondering if in future versions you were going to allow a developer to programatically modify the functions available within the built in reporting toolbar.

Regards,

Graham O'Riley
Netdocs Plc

Graham O'Riley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jul 2008
1 answer
123 views
What are the limitations of the demo?  30 days?  Limited functionality? 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2008
4 answers
207 views
I just published a proof of concept showing live data within Telerik Reporting(Demo) Viewer. What I can't figure out is why the exporting function (pdf, tiff, Excel, etc.) as well as the printing function do not work? Are these functions available in the full version?

Sasa
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jul 2008
1 answer
119 views
Hi,

Please help me. Previously I am using Telerik Report 2.0 but just now I was installed the Telerik Report Q2 2008, then I realized there is ambiguous namespace. So, I uninstall the Q2 2008 . Now I cannot open the telerik report for edit. Although I already added preference, it still the same.

Please help me.....
Saint
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Jul 2008
1 answer
136 views
Hi,

1. I want to have a Smart Part with Telerik Reporting in it.

2. Secondly is that it is N-Tier Architecture following the style of having a dll specifically for report design and another project to design the reportviewer.

3. Thirdly is that I want to write my own sql and use the datasource from my web.config in wss. However, in terms of designing how the report look like in terms of maybe the grouping, where the data is put and how, color scheme etc.., I want to design using the drag and drop rather than programatically.

How can I accomplish all this? Is there a sample that I can refer to or other resources?

Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?