Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
255 views
Hi

I earlier wrote a post on how to do what was almost a cross join and how to print this using Telerik Reporting, this was currently not very easy.

I figured that the best way simply was to load the data into a Object List and the bind the report to the list.
This all works very well however what iam wondering now is whether it is possible to call a function of the object from the report.

        public string getDayShift(int mDay)  
        {  
            foreach(shift mShift in myShifts) {  
                if ((int)mShift.Start.DayOfWeek==mDay) {  
 
                    return mShift.ToString();  
                }  
            }  
            return "";  
        }  
        public string getShift1  
        {  
            get { return getDayShift(1); }  
            set {  }  
        }  
        public string getShift2  
        {  
            get { return getDayShift(2); }  
            set { }  
        }  
 

Currently iam using the two last functions to allow me access to the function from Telerik reporting, however this gives me quite some redundant code.

Is there any way to call this function directly or is this the only way ?
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
5 answers
663 views
I have been searching for the right code to allow Telerik Reporting Q2 2008 to export the contents of a report to Excel without displaying it in an ASP.NET viewer.  I simply need to hit a button in the webapp and email an attached Excel spreadsheet created in Reporting.  Does anyone have some code or an example.  I have successfully done TIFFs and PDFs this way but not XLS.

Thanks in advance.
Doug
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
7 answers
175 views
Hi Team,

    Till now i dont have any problem with reporting.
    But i have a issue with displaying the reporting
    As, i have kept a report viewer in my aspx page and binding data using dataset. I am able to view the data from the report, but the main problem is,.. I am able to see every control two times. like . 6 navigation buttons and  2 print buttons.

Please let me konw where i did mistake.

Thanks & Regards,
Narendra
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
3 answers
90 views

I am using the multicolumn report in the report preview it appears good

but when i view the report with the report viewer in IE only half the report appears in the center of the screen and the remaing of the report doesn't appears 
 

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
5 answers
218 views
I'll admit that I have been lazy and haven't really researched this, but one thing that would be really great is if the Telerik Reporting supported binding reports to an XML datasource.  I currently use ComponentOne (haven't subscribed to them for over a year though) for my reporting component but would love to switch everything I do over to Telerik and use only a single source.  Again, I haven't actually researched this so there *may* already be support for XML Datasources.

Would love to hear if I can do that or not.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
1 answer
163 views
Hi

I have a database which holds information about employee shifts, i would like to make a report showing one week of shifts using Telerik reporting.

I have no problem making a report that shows data like this

Name    Shift
Morten   15-05-2008 15:00-18:00
Peter       18-05-2008 18:00-22:00

However i would like my result to be something like

Name   Mondag   Tuesdag Wednesdag Thursdag Friday Saturday Sonday
Morten  15:00-18:00                              19:00-22:00

As you may conclude from this my table structure looks something like this

[employee_db] { employee_id, employee_name}
[shifts] { employee_id, shift_start, shift_end }

A secondary issue is that a person may even have two shifts on a single day.

How should this be solved ?
Using subreports for each person for each day ? (seems very inefficient)

Currently using Linq as a datasource.
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
1 answer
141 views
Hi

I have created an aspx site with a RadToolBar, a Grid and a ReportViewer, the idea is that using the RadToolBar either the Grid or the ReportViewer should be shown.

However this does not work, the Grid can easily be hidden/shown however the ReportViewer will not, even placing it in a Panel which is then hidden will not hide the ReportViewer, is this not possible ?
Chavdar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2008
17 answers
779 views
I have a sub report that just consists of a detail section. It works fine in the main report but I want KeepTogether to be false for the sub report as it will alwaya move the subreport to a new page if it can't fit (which seems to be a majority of the time. I have set the detail section of the sub report to KeepTogether = false but it doesn't appear to be working. Is this possible?

Also just a comment on the report designer, the flicker and delay is pretty bad (moving controls around on the page). I have a decent machine but the report designer is borderline unusable. As I use it more and more, it is frustratingly slow at times (and jerky). Does anyone else see this (or is it me)?

Jim
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Aug 2008
2 answers
659 views
Before the last release I used to set a textbox value in the footer section programatically with the code below which worked ok, however since the update this doesn't now work??

Private Sub ReportFooterSection1_ItemDataBinding(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ReportFooterSection1.ItemDataBinding
    contractSumFunctionTextBox.Value = Format(membContract, "N0")
End Sub


tried contractSumFunctionTextBox.Value = 24 as a test but still nothing shows

???
Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Aug 2008
3 answers
75 views
I'm using Visual Studio 2005 (Windows Forms)

Does Telerik Reporting provide functionality for me to allow my users to define their own reports?

For instance, I want to use Telerik Reporting in such a way that users will be able to choose what data they want to display, then choose where labels, text boxes, etc. go on the report.  Then I want to create a way for them to "save" that report so that they can pull it up again without having to rebuild it.

This doesn't seem possible with Crystal Reports.  Is it possible with Telerik?

Thanks!

Dennis Mollet
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?