Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
235 views
I have 3 groups on my report - group1, 2 and 3( in the same order).In groupfooter I am displaying total for the group. At the end of the report I want to show Grand Total. Where could I have this grand total. I really do not want on Report Footer because it is displayed on each page. It would be really nice to see at the end of the group... If report footer is the only option is there is way to show it only ONCE on the report and not on all pages.
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2008
5 answers
195 views
I was going through your Walk-Through for developing a Telerik report (Q1 2008) when I noticed there is no template provided for Visual RPG. We've been using your RAD Controls Suite for the past couple of years with no problems and would like to use the Reporting solution.

Can you provide us with a template for use with Visual RPG for VS 2005 or offer some assistance in developing one? We are developing using Webforms.

Thanks you
Svetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2008
1 answer
167 views
Good Morning,

I have installed the Telerik Reporting Quick Start (Q1 2008) and when  click on any of the Web Sample buttons I get the following error:

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.

Source File: c:\Users\Ernie Josefik\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\telerik_reporting_q1_2008\af2259b4\155f256f\App_Web__tbkx_g5.0.cs    Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/'.]
   System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostConfigUtils.MapPathActual(String siteName, VirtualPath path) +261
   System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath.MapPathCaching(String siteID, VirtualPath path) +580
   System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath.GetPathConfigFilenameWorker(String siteID, VirtualPath path, String& directory, String& baseName) +19
   System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostMapPath.System.Web.Configuration.IConfigMapPath.GetPathConfigFilename(String siteID, String path, String& directory, String& baseName) +37
   System.Web.Configuration.HostingPreferredMapPath.GetPathConfigFilename(String siteID, String path, String& directory, String& baseName) +77
   System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.GetStreamName(String configPath) +166
   System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.GetStreamName(String configPath) +10
   System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile() +249

[ConfigurationErrorsException: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to map the path '/'.]
   System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal) +245611
   System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.ThrowIfParseErrors(ConfigurationSchemaErrors schemaErrors) +40
   System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) +412
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfigurationFactory.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigConfigurationFactory.Create(Type typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) +29
   System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.OpenConfiguration(WebLevel webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, VirtualPath path, String site, String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr tokenHandle) +961
   System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfigurationImpl(WebLevel webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site, String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr userToken) +84
   System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(String path) +36
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportViewer.ConfigContainsHandler() +54
   Telerik.ReportViewer.WebForms.ReportViewer.OnInit(EventArgs e) +48
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +198
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +7248
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +213
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.reportviewer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Users\Ernie Josefik\AppData\Local\Temp\Temporary ASP.NET Files\telerik_reporting_q1_2008\af2259b4\155f256f\App_Web__tbkx_g5.0.cs:0
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

The operating system is Vista Business and I get the same result if I run the Quick Start application from the menu or open the WebDemo application in VisualStudio 2008 and run it from there.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Ernie Josefik
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2008
1 answer
193 views

I have always used crystal reports for my reporting needs, it's quick and simple so I never thought I would need your reporting tool.

But a few days ago, I tried to create a purchase order in CR, and was hitting walls because I needed to access non-normalized data in a legacy database with a lot of business rules that had to be observed and CR could do some of the work, via subreports and shared variables between the reports but it was going to be very difficult to maintain and support this report in the future.

However when I cracked open Telerik Reporting, and was able to use multiple datasources within my report, and alter the values at runtime (item_databound_events), the value of your reporting tool just shot up to the top of my list.

I can do so many more things with your tool than I could ever do with CR when it comes to multiple datasources and accessing muliple platform databases.

Thanks,

Tim  

p.s.  Crosstabs would be nice :-)

Rossen Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2008
1 answer
126 views
Hi :o)

I've now sorted my reports - all looking cool.

Now that I've come to deploy the app onto my webserver I seem to be having problems with data connections.

Is there an easy way to change the connection string of the datasets within the report project. 

Thanks

Tim 
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2008
3 answers
143 views
Hi :o)

I want to be able to hide and show certain text boxes depending on rules. How do I access these properties within the code of the report.

Many thanks

Tim x
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2008
1 answer
208 views
Good Morning,

As per the tutorials I have created a ReportsLib class library which is referenced from a web app.  Database access is via a DAL which is also a separate class library compiled into a dll.  Databinding is to business objects returned by the DAL.   This all works fine when the reports are called from the web application.
However when I try and preview the reports in the designer I get an Exception as follows:

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Unable to read connection string from the .config file.

This is similar in nature to when I referenced the DAL from a separate Unit Testing class library. Obviously the class library projects do not have access to the web config containing the connection string.  In that case creating an app.config containing the connection string in the UnitTest project did the trick.

Unfortunately the same approach did not work for the ReportsLib project.  Is there something else I need to do to get the preview functionality to work if my datasource is obtained from another class library which obtains its connection string from the config file?

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers

Ernie Josefik

P.S. running version Q1 2008
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2008
3 answers
115 views
Hi :o)

I am trying to create a report that is similar to a mobile phone bill.

The first page is a summary of usage which is like an invoice.
The second page is a list of the readings that make up that invoice.

I cannot see how to do this. i tried using groups but they are nesting as they do - what I need is to create a second, independant header/details/footer for the second page.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you so much for your help

Tim
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2008
2 answers
327 views
hi ,
i am using telerik viewer and in have many crystal reports .i want the code in c# asp.net to convert the crystal report to telerik report .

i hope i get reply soon .
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2008
1 answer
137 views
Hi,
In my project, I'm attempting to show a horizontal bar chart, with it's YAxis legend in the opposite order of the way that the chart fill the plot area by default. My chart is filled dynamic like this:

The unwanted way.
   _________
3 |_________|
   ____
2 |____|
   ______________
1 |______________|


My objective:

   _________
1 |_________|
   ____
2 |____|
   ______________
3 |______________|


How do i achieve that?

Thanks,
Jose
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?