Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
119 views
Hi, 
 

  I need make a financial report with this layout

                                Jan          Feb         Mar        Apr           (...)
   Departament 1       $20,00    $40,00    $60,00    $80,00     ...
   Departament 2       $12,00    $45,00    $20,00    $100,00   ...
   Departament 3       $24,00    $10,00    $30,00    $85,00     ...

  My database result, return data in this format

  Date         Departament 1        Departament 2        Departament 3
  01/2008    20                            12                            24
  02/2008    40                            45                            10
  03/2008    60                            20                            30
  04/2008    80                            100                          85
  (..)

  How can I make this?


  Thanks,
  José
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2008
1 answer
159 views
Is there a way to draw a verticle line in the header, to divide categories.  The draw a lighter line in the detail and have no gaps between header and detail, and no gaps between detail instances?

Thanks,
Jim
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2008
1 answer
117 views
in firefox 3 the report parameters gui does not appear
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2008
2 answers
563 views
Hi,

I'm facing a scenario in which i have to export the generated report into multiple pdf files based on the number of groups in the report. let's say that i have grouped the data based on departments [3 departments i have in data] in the report. the report, in turn, will display the data grouped by department [there would be 3 groups, of course]. now, my scenario is that when i export this report to pdf, 3 pdf files should be created, one for each grouped data [department]. Is this possible using the control?

I thought of programmatically saving the pdf but i don't know what to do after i get the rendered report in byte array. i mean how do i separate group info in the byte array that contains the rendered report?

any help / workaround would be highly appreciated!
Muneeb
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jul 2008
1 answer
205 views
Telerik,

I created a report in a class, as suggested by you guys. I created an .aspx page with the web reportviewer on it. Question, how do I assign the report I created to the ReportViewer? I think it's simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thx.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2008
3 answers
206 views
I think thats probably a stupid question but since i haven't done reporting before its all new to me. The question is why does page header appear before the report header. It would make sense to have the report header appear first and then page header. Here is my problem.  Page header is something that repeats on every page which is basically my column headings where as report header i want to add my company logo but for some reason report header appears before the page header. Am i not doing it right? please help ?

Thanks
Zeeshan Hirani
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2008
0 answers
5.7K+ views

The aim of the Telerik Support Forum is to provide all registered users a way to find answers to their questions before contacting Telerik.

Below you will find a list of the present limitations of our Reporting offering:

  • Limited rich text/html content formatting options in the HtmlTextBox item (only text formatting is available).
  • Tooltips, search, items zoom/scroll interactive features are not available at this time. See Adding Interactivity to Reports for supported scenarios.
  • Limited RTL support (only text direction is changed, report layout is not).
  • .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is not supported.

The Telerik Team

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 08 Jul 2008
0 answers
1.7K+ views
In order to get familiar in a fast and pretty straight-forward manner with our Reporting offering, I suggest you visit the online resources linked below:


Of course, you can browse the public forum as well in order to find specific information/code sample concerning an aspect of the Reporting features. There are numerous threads which can get you started/assist you through the development process.

Finally, we will appreciate your feedback on the structure/content of the online resources - our goal is to continue enriching them, thus facilitating our customers even more.

The Telerik Team
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 08 Jul 2008
8 answers
275 views
My ASP.Net webviewer report works fine on my dev pc; however, when I deploy to a commercial shared web hosting site, I am am getting a security error.  The application works without error except for the report.
Does the webviewer require any special access?


Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
   System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
   System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +59
   System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +678
   System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +114
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.StaticOpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +80
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName, Boolean assertPermissions) +115
   System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigHost.System.Configuration.Internal.IInternalConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +7
   System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +10
   System.Configuration.UpdateConfigHost.OpenStreamForRead(String streamName) +42
   System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.InitConfigFromFile() +443
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2008
2 answers
403 views
Hi, In a report I have some textboxes and underneath a sub-report all in a group footer.  The textboxes summerise data from the previous detail and the sub-report is different data but relevant to each group.  Basically I would like the sub-report to be printed on a seperate page but I can't use the 'PageBreak=before' as this will bring the textBoxes with it onto the seperate page and I need them left as 'Totals' on the previous page.

I think what I'm looking for is to inject a PageBreak everytime a render sub-report event is fired.  Is this possible? or maybe another approach...

cheers
Martin
Martin P
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2008
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?