This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Page 1 of 0 in 2.5.8.414?

7 Answers 121 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Joel asked on 08 May 2008, 01:40 PM
We upgraded an older project from 1.5 to the latest release.  The new changes are exactly what we needed, thanks.  Specifically, the zoom in the designer and the warning for box overlap.  Great work.

One thing we have not been able to resolve is the page numbering.  In the reportviewer a 2 page report shows the first page as "Page 1 of 0", the tool bar show 1 of 2.  The second page shows correctly as 2 of 2 in both the toolbar and reportviewer.  The PDF export properly shows page 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 when exported. Code behind is simply
txtPageCount.Value = "='Page ' + PageNumber + ' of ' + PageCount"

Is there a new method by any chance?  We did not experience this in 1.5 that I can remember.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chavdar
Telerik team
answered on 08 May 2008, 03:40 PM
Hello Joel,

This issue has already been fixed. The fix will be available in the service pack release in the middle of the month (May, 15th).

Kind regards,
Chavdar
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Aydın Kara
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2008, 07:19 AM
Hi,

Is this service pack released?

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2008, 07:44 AM
Hi Hasan,

The service pack was released last week (on Monday) and is available for download from your Client.net account (screenshot attached). Note that there can only be one minor version installed on your machine, i.e. if you have Q1 installed, you will need to uninstall it before installing Q1 SP1.

All the best,
Steve
the Telerik team

Aydın Kara
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 May 2008, 08:22 AM
Hi,

I tried to uninstall Q1 2008, but it gives an error : "Failed to connect to SQL database (-2147467259 master)"
Do you have a solution?

Thanks.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2008, 08:39 AM
Hello Hasan,

This problem might be caused by insufficient privileges to work with the databases in SQL Server Express. You can download the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express and try to connect to the local instance of the SQL Server and check whether you have the requested permissions for the master database.

For the SQL Server 2005 Express edition also check that the server is specified in the format computername\instancename. By default our installer suggests to install the AdventureWorks database to
(local)\SQLEXPRESS - have you changed that?

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Joel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 27 May 2008, 01:02 PM
Is there a mailing list or some other method in place for notifying of new releases and patches?  I don't often go to the "my licenses" section to check.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 May 2008, 02:56 PM
Hi Joel,

In your Profile you have specified that you want to receive newsletters from us (see screenshot), so unless our email newsletter@telerik.com is not banned or blacklisted for your email account, you should be receiving news. from us.
You could also subscribe to our site and blogs rss feeds:
  • http://www.telerik.com/support.rss
  • http://blogs.telerik.com/Blogs.rss
Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Joel
Top achievements