Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
176 views
Hi all,

I am building a dashboard that uses docks and forms and currently have the skin chooser set up so the user can select a theme.
I want to get the name of that theme name from the skin chooser into a visual c variable and write it to the database. I then I want to load it  into the skin manager when the dashboard starts next time. I am confident with writing to the database. Its getting the values to and from the skin manager into a variable.

Please reply asap 
regards,

Ash
Ashley
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
63 views
This is driving me absolutely crazy....I am simply trying to pass in SQL parameters via textbox and date picker (with a button click) and rebind the freaking grid....I walk thru the code behind and it sets the values on the SQL params just fine, but radGridWebErrorLogs.Rebind() does absolutely nothing, the radGrid does not refresh.....code is simple and straight forward. Anyone shed some light? I am about to give up on something that should be so easy.

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="radAjaxPanelSearchCriteria" runat="server">
                    <telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server" ID="radPanelBarSearchCriteria" ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem" Width="100%">
                        <Items>
                            <telerik:RadPanelItem Expanded="True" Text="Search Criteria" runat="server" Selected="true">
                                <Items>
                                    <telerik:RadPanelItem Value="SearchCriteria" runat="server">
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <div style="background-color: InactiveCaptionText">
                                                <center>
                                                <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing= "0">
                                                    <tr>
                                                        <td>
                                                            Message:&nbsp;
                                                            <telerik:RadTextBox ID="radTextBoxMessage" runat="server" Width="205px" MaxLength="250" />

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
                    <AjaxSettings>
                        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="radGridWebErrorLogs">
                            <UpdatedControls>
                                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="radGridWebErrorLogs" />
                                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="lblMessage" />
                            </UpdatedControls>
                        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
                    </AjaxSettings>
                </telerik:RadAjaxManager>

                <telerik:RadGrid ID="radGridWebErrorLogs" DataSourceID="dtsWebErrorLogs" ShowStatusBar="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="20" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True"
                    runat="server" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnDataBound="radGridWebErrorLogs_DataBound" OnItemDeleted="radGridWebErrorLogs_ItemDeleted">
                    <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed" DataKeyNames="WebErrorLogID" CommandItemDisplay="None">
                        <Columns>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Error ID" DataField="ErrorID" UniqueName="ErrorID" Visible="false" ReadOnly="true" ForceExtractValue="Always" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Application" DataField="Application" UniqueName="Application" SortExpression="Application" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Message" DataField="Message" UniqueName="Message" SortExpression="Message" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Error Source" DataField="ErrSource" UniqueName="ErrSource" SortExpression="ErrSource" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Error Path" DataField="ErrPath" UniqueName="ErrPath" SortExpression="ErrPath" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Stack Trace" DataField="StackTrace" UniqueName="StackTrace" SortExpression="StackTrace" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Date Recorded" DataField="DateRecorded" UniqueName="DateRecorded" SortExpression="DateRecorded" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top" />
                            <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this Web Error Log?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" ItemStyle-VerticalAlign="Top"
                                ConfirmTitle="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete"
                                UniqueName="DeleteColumn" HeaderStyle-Width="50px" Visible="true">
                                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" />
                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                        </Columns>
                    </MasterTableView>
                </telerik:RadGrid>
                                                            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Date Recorded:&nbsp;
                                                            <telerik:RadDatePicker ID="radDatePickerDateRecorded" runat="server"></telerik:RadDatePicker>
                                                            &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                                            <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnSearch" OnClick="btnSearch_OnClick" Text="Search" CssClass="submitButton" />
                                                            <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnReset" OnClick="btnReset_OnClick" Text="Reset" CssClass="submitButton" />
                                                        </td>
                                                    </tr>
                                                </table>
                                                </center>
                                            </div>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                                </Items>
                            </telerik:RadPanelItem>
                        </Items>
                        <CollapseAnimation Duration="100" Type="None" />
                        <ExpandAnimation Duration="100" Type="None" />
                    </telerik:RadPanelBar>
                </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

<br />
    <asp:Label ID="lblMessage" runat="server" EnableViewState="false" />
    <br />
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="dtsWebErrorLogs" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ApplicationServices %>"
        ConflictDetection="CompareAllValues"
        OldValuesParameterFormatString="original_{0}"
        SelectCommand="w_WebErrorLogs_Select" SelectCommandType="StoredProcedure" CancelSelectOnNullParameter="false" OnSelecting="dtsWebErrorLogs_Selecting"
        DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM WebErrorLogs WHERE WebErrorLogID = @original_WebErrorLogID">
        <SelectParameters>
            <asp:Parameter Name="ApplicationID" DefaultValue="<%$ AppSettings:ApplicationId %>" />
            <asp:Parameter Name="Message" Type="String" />
            <asp:Parameter Name="DateRecorded" Type="DateTime" />
        </SelectParameters>
        <DeleteParameters>
            <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="radGridWebErrorLogs" Name="original_WebErrorLogID" PropertyName="SelectedValue" />
        </DeleteParameters>
    </asp:SqlDataSource>



 protected void dtsWebErrorLogs_Selecting(object sender, SqlDataSourceSelectingEventArgs e)
        {
            RadTextBox radTextBoxMessage = (RadTextBox)radPanelBarSearchCriteria.FindItemByValue("SearchCriteria").FindControl("radTextBoxMessage");
            RadDatePicker radDatePickerDateRecorded = (RadDatePicker)radPanelBarSearchCriteria.FindItemByValue("SearchCriteria").FindControl("radDatePickerDateRecorded");

            e.Command.Parameters[1].Value =  radTextBoxMessage.Text;
            e.Command.Parameters[2].Value =  radDatePickerDateRecorded.SelectedDate;
        }

        protected void btnSearch_OnClick(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            radGridWebErrorLogs.Rebind(); //THIS DOES NOTHING
        }
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
4 answers
100 views
Hey, I am having an issue where certain users will get a dark grey background behind their text whenever they use the RadEditor control. It is only certain users as other users have no background color behind their text. They are typing directly into the control, and not doing a copy/paste from another text editor. Also, they are not going into the HTML edit mode and adding the background color. Has anyone experienced this issue before?
David Entner
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
3 answers
172 views

When using the GridClientSelectColumn column, is there a way to sort by it, so all the selecting rows can be at the top or bottom? Right now, all the header shows is a checkmark, which select or deselects all the rows. Can I have a column name at the top and click on that to sort?

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
2 answers
252 views
Hi

I have a Grid control, using AJAX and User Control Edit Forms working perfectly as I wanted it. The client has now asked for a self hierarchy to be implemented. This is working fine, and everything groups up as expected. However there are two issues:

1) When I click "Add New Row" in a child GridView the Insert form appears at the top level, not at the same level as the child Grid View
2) When I try to edit a Child item, once the screen has refreshed the edit form isn't displayed and the grouping is minimised back to the top level

Any thoughts / pointers appreciated

Cheers

Simon
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
4 answers
296 views
I have three RadCombo boxes that interact with each other depending on what the boxes in front has selected.  The combination of Radcombo make up a database product filter of three different search values to populate a repeater control via Radhttppanel.  That is working great (lightweight and quick). 

I am trying to reset box 2 and 3 to default item (message like width and Length) when I change the selected values in box 1 (material).    I look up and down and inside and out the online docs and did not see anything for setting the selected value on the client side.  It could be simple and I am just  missing it.

Thanks for any help.
David
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
5 answers
146 views
Is is possible to have multiple start/end time per day. What i want to achieve is to show timeslot like
8:30
10:30
1:00
3:00

I did implement with the below code
DayStartTime="08:30:00" DayEndTime="16:30:00"
WorkDayStartTime="08:30:00" WorkDayEndTime="16:30:00"
DayView-DayStartTime="08:30:00" DayView-DayEndTime="16:30:00"
MultiDayView-DayStartTime="08:30:00" MultiDayView-DayEndTime="16:30:00"
WeekView-DayStartTime="08:30:00" WeekView-DayEndTime="16:30:00"
MinutesPerRow="120" TimeLabelRowSpan="1" NumberOfHoveredRows="1"

Which give me the result
8:30
10:30
12:30
2:30

Thanks in Advance
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
3 answers
133 views

I have a user control which I am adding to my page at the runtime.

This controls has a Telerik dropdown which does the async  PostBack using RadAjaxPanel.

Now to successfully make the dropdown postback work I need to add the control to the page on every post back.

The issue is along with this control, I am adding many other controls based on SQL query in a single function.

And all the controls do query the database to get their data which puts load on the server as well.

So I need to know is there any better way of just doing post back and refresh on the one control which I want to on async post back from the dropdown list.

And somehow avoid adding the all other controls again and again.

Deepak
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
0 answers
83 views
Multi-column doesn't have a proper appearance when menu direction is right to left.

Libertad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Aug 2010
2 answers
338 views
I am using a custom UserControl as the EditForm of a RadGrid.

The way I have it set-up, it is possible to open both an EditForm and an InsertForm at the same time - as these both use the same user control, my validation groups are clashing, and stopping the page from working.

Is it possible to set up the <telerik:RadGrid> control up so that as soon as I click 'Insert Record' the Edit Form closes, and vice-versa, as soon as I Edit a Record, the Insert Record form closes?

Thanks
DA
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?