Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
7 answers
252 views
Hi there,

We have upgraded our RAD Editor to v 5.7.3.0 and are having some problems with the paragraph styles. This was not happening prior to upgrading. We are using IE 8 browser.

There are no problems applying the paragraph styles (H1, H2 etc), however, if we make some text H1 for instance, then change it  back to Normal, inline styles are inserted into the code which then affects the use of the CSS styles within RAD Editor.

To better demonstrate, here is an example...

I have created 2 paragraphs in the Design part of the RAD Editor and here is what is displayed in the HTML part:
<p>This is paragraph one</p>
<p>This is paragraph two</p>

Now I apply Heading 1 paragraph style to the first paragraph. This is what is displayed in the HTML part:
<h1>This is paragraph one</h1>
<p>This is paragraph two</p>

So far, this all looks correct. Now I want to remove Heading 1 from paragraph 1, so I select Normal as the paragraph style. This is what happens in the HTML:
<p style="margin-top: 0pt; font-weight: normal; font-size: 9pt; margin-bottom: 10pt; color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-family: verdana; font-variant: normal;">This is paragraph one</p>
<p>This is paragraph two</p>

From here, any CSS styles applied to the whole paragraph do not work. The CSS styles are inserted as a class, however the inline style overides the class style. For example:
<p class="bold" style="margin-top: 0pt; font-weight: normal; font-size: 9pt; margin-bottom: 10pt; color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-family: verdana; font-variant: normal;">This is paragraph one</p>
<p>This is paragraph two</p>

However, if CSS styles are applied to parts of the paragraph it does work.

Would you have any suggestions as to why inline styles are being inserted?

Thanks! Kirsty
Kirsty
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
15 answers
331 views
I think this is a non-starter, but here goes ...

I have a requirement to have a menu across the top of the page. The menu should occupy 100% of the screen width.

I need to have a number of items appear left aligned in the menu and then a number right-aligned. And I mean in the menu itself, so, If I had 5 items in my menu they'd look like this for a normal menu (forgive the text layout of this example)...
First Second Third Fourth Fifth

My user wants ...
First Second                                   Third Fourth Fifth

Is this possible?

-- 
Stuart
Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Aug 2010
1 answer
52 views
Hi,
I have an issue with the title said set up.
I have a rad window contains a selectable items radgrid and 3 regular buttons, and the purpose of it is to give the user an option to select several/all items and do action with them (insert,update,delete).
On my development Windows 7 Firefox 3.6.7 its working perfect but on the client's Linux (Slax)  Firefox 2.5 its does not select the items, its not marking the row with color when i check the item and on code behind its ignores it as well....

Must say, the grid works well outside the radwindow.

any suggestions?


Regards,
Nir.
Eyal Noam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2010
3 answers
147 views

Hi all,

I have a Masterpage which contains a RadMenu, a Big company logo and some PlaceHolders.

Is it possible when clicking on a RadMenuItem (which will load another content page) to show a RadLoadingPanel in the PlaceHolder ?
And also avoid the company logo to reload/flicker again like when a full postback happens ?

Thank you.

Nuno


TonyG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Aug 2010
0 answers
132 views
Hi,

I have a radcombobox in a rad window page. The items in the radcombobox are initialized using  DataSource. The items are binded to the RadComboBox. But i am unable to see the items in the radcombobox. it is looking as through it is disabled.

What may be the problem..I am struck here in my program. Please help me.

Source Code for Form
=====================================================================================

<telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="frmDecorator" runat="Server" DecoratedControls="All"
    DecorationZoneID="zone1" />

<div id="zone1">
    <center>
        <br />
        <br />
        <table id="Table3" runat="server" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" dir="ltr"
            rules="none" width="90%">
            <tr>
                <td align="left">
                    <asp:Label ID="Label1" Text="Add Catalog" Font-Names="Segoe UI" ForeColor="DarkBlue"
                        Font-Size="Large" runat="server"></asp:Label>
                    <br />
                    <br />
                    <asp:LinkButton Font-Names="Segoe UI" Font-Bold="false" ForeColor="#678BC9" Font-Size="Small"
                        CausesValidation="false" runat="server" ID="lnkHelp" Text="Help"></asp:LinkButton>
                    |
                    <asp:LinkButton Font-Names="Segoe UI" Font-Bold="false" ForeColor="#678BC9" Font-Size="Small"
                        CausesValidation="false" ID="hlnkViewCatalog" runat="server" Text="View Catalog"></asp:LinkButton>
                </td>
                <td align="right">
                    <asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Image" ImageUrl="~/Images/Catalog.jpg" />
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr>
                <td colspan="2">
                    <hr style="width: 100%; color: Gray" />
                </td>
            </tr>
            <tr height="15">
            </tr>
        </table>
        <table width="90%">
            <tr>
                <td colspan="8" align="left">
                    <asp:Label ID="lblMsg" runat="server" CssClass="noteMsg" Font-Bold="true"></asp:Label>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
        <table id="Table1" runat="server" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#ccddef"
            dir="ltr" height="1%" rules="none" width="90%"
            style="margin: 0; padding: 0">
            <tr>
                <td bgcolor="white">
                    <table id="Table2" width="100%" runat="server" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"
                        dir="ltr">
                        <tr>
                            <td width="24%">
                                <asp:Label ID="lblCatalogCode" Text="Catalog Code" runat="server" />
                            </td>
                            <td width="1%">
                                <font color='red'>*</font>
                            </td>
                            <td width="25%">
                                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtCatalogCode" runat="server" Width="155px" />
                            </td>
                            <td width="24%">
                                <asp:Label ID="lblCatalogName" Text="Catalog Name" runat="server" />
                            </td>
                            <td width="1%">
                                <font color='red'>*</font>
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtCatalogName" runat="server" Width="155px" />
                            </td>
                            <td rowspan="4" valign="top">
                                <asp:Image ID="imgPreview" runat="server" AlternateText="Image" />
                                <br />
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <asp:Label ID="lblCategory" Text="Categoy" runat="server" />
                            </td>
                            <td width="1%">
                                <font color='red'>*</font>
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlCategoryNames" runat="server" Width="155px">
                                </telerik:RadComboBox>
                            </td>
                            <td rowspan="2" valign="top">
                                <asp:Label ID="lblUploadImage" Text="Image" runat="server" />
                            </td>
                            <td>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td>
                                <asp:Label ID="lblBarcode" Text="Barcode" runat="server" />
                            </td>
                            <td>
                            </td>
                            <td>
                                <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtBarcode" runat="server" Width="155px" />
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr height="15">
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td width="90%" align="left" colspan="9">
                                <asp:Label runat="server" Text="UOM" Font-Names="Segoe UI" Font-Size="Small"></asp:Label>
                                <br />
                                <hr style="width: 90%">
                                <br />
                                <table id="Table4" width="40%" runat="server" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"
                                    dir="ltr" align="left">
                                    <tr>
                                        <td>
                                            Store
                                        </td>
                                        <td>
                                            Buy
                                        </td>
                                        <td>
                                            Sell
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>
                                        <td>
                                            <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="ddlStore">
                                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                        </td>
                                        <td>
                                            <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="ddlBuy">
                                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                        </td>
                                        <td>
                                            <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="ddlSell">
                                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>
                                    <tr>
                                        <td>
                                            <telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" ReadOnly="true" Text="1" ID="txtStore" MaxLength="2"
                                                Width="40px" />
                                            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblStore"></asp:Label>
                                        </td>
                                        <td>
                                            <telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" ID="txtBuy" MaxLength="5" Width="40px" />
                                            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="Label2"></asp:Label>
                                        </td>
                                        <td>
                                            <telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" ID="txtSell" MaxLength="5" Width="40px" />
                                            <asp:Label runat="server" ID="Label3"></asp:Label>
                                        </td>
                                    </tr>
                                </table>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr height="15">
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="center" bgcolor="#ccddef" colspan="8">
                                <asp:Button ID='btnSave' Width="95px" Text=Save" runat="server" />&nbsp;&nbsp;
                                <asp:Button ID="btnCancel" Width="95px" Text="Cancel" runat="server"
                                    CausesValidation="false" />&nbsp;&nbsp;
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>
    </center>
</div>

=====================================================================================

Code Behind
======================================================================================
    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        If Not IsPostBack Then
        dim lst as Global.System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of String) = new List(Of String)
        lst.Add("Category1"): lst.Add("Category2")
            ddlCategoryNames.DataSource = List
        ddlCategoryNames.DataBind()
    
        Dim codes As Global.System.Collections.Generic.IList(Of String)= new List(Of String)
        codes.Add("A") : codes.Add("B") : codes.Add("C")
            ddlStore.Items.Clear() : ddlStore.DataSource = codes : ddlStore.DataBind()
            ddlBuy.Items.Clear() : ddlBuy.DataSource = codes : ddlBuy.DataBind()
        ddlSell.Items.Clear() : ddlSell.DataSource = codes : ddlSell.DataBind()
    End If
=========================================================================================

Srinivas Chitta
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 14 Aug 2010
2 answers
245 views
hi ,
i m using RadAsyncUpload in my form. it use for ,ultifile upload. my requirement is if when file upload that time file is store in my project folder . and every file will rename by guid so.. my code is in codebehind. but it gives error every time like following.

Could not find file App_Data\RadUploadTemp\xrdglyzs.lrr'.
here in error bold portion is always different. and my application quit

and my code is following..

 foreach (UploadedFile f in RadUploadlesson.UploadedFiles)
        {
           
            f.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~/AssignmentDocs/") + objlessonplanDoc.InternalDocumentName, true);           
         
        }
but it always fail

so.. please help me.

rock
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2010
2 answers
140 views
Hi,

I am trying to add a web user control(.ascx) in the RAD Toolbar. But the toolbar is not showing the user control. Can you please guide me where am i going wrong.

Following is  my code snippet:

    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        Dim paths() As String
        'Dim TaggerTemplate As TaggerTemplate

        Dim tlbBtn As RadToolBarButton
        tlbBtn = New RadToolBarButton("Tagger")
        tlbBtn.ItemTemplate = New TaggerTemplate()
        RadFileExplorer1.ToolBar.Items.Add(tlbBtn)

        'TaggerTemplate = New TaggerTemplate
        'Dim item As RadToolBarItem = tlbBtn
        'TaggerTemplate.InstantiateIn(item)
        'item.ItemTemplate = New TaggerTemplate()

        'RadFileExplorer1.ToolBar.DataBind()

    End Sub



Public Class TaggerTemplate
    Implements ITemplate


    Public Sub InstantiateIn(ByVal container As System.Web.UI.Control) Implements System.Web.UI.ITemplate.InstantiateIn
        Dim tagger As CtrlTagger

        tagger = New CtrlTagger
        tagger.ID = "TagItem"
        ' container.Controls.Add(tagger)


        Dim wrapperDiv As HtmlGenericControl = New HtmlGenericControl("DIV")
        wrapperDiv.Controls.Add(tagger)
        container.Controls.Add(wrapperDiv)
    End Sub


End Class

Amarjyoti
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2010
3 answers
376 views
in one of my prototype app, i am using Telerik MVC extension datepicker control. i have two fields "From" and To". on selection of a from date, the minDate for "To" field has to be changed to the selected "from" date.

this has to happen through client (JQuery). can anyone help me on how to access the minDate() property of datepicker using JQuery.
I debugged the object to see the properties, but i could not get anything similar to minDate.

my code:
1. onchange of from, i call a javascript function and access the from date 
var fromDate = $("#fromDate").data("tDatePicker").value(); 
2. now i need to set the minDate for "To".

my control code:
<%
           Html.Telerik().DatePicker()
                      .Name("toDate")
                      .Format("dd-MMM-yyyy")
                      .ButtonTitle("Select To Date")
                      .ClientEvents(actions => { actions.OnChange("calculateDays"); })
                      .InputHtmlAttributes(new { @readonly = "true", maxLength="11", @style = "font-size:11px;width:100px;" })
                      .ShowButton(true)
                      .Render();
   %>
                                                        
Milind
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2010
4 answers
278 views
Hey,
  I've searched the forums for a solution but can't seem to find one that will work.  I have a radmenu in a masterpage and when I go to a page I need the selected item to display an image (a:focus in stylesheet) just like when it's hovered over.  The problem is the master page is refreshed each time a new page is accessed. I tried the code below, but didn't work with the code I have.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

if (!IsPostBack)
        {
            RadMenu1.LoadContentFile("menu.xml");
        }
        RadMenuItem item = RadMenu1.FindItemByUrl(Request.Url.PathAndQuery);
        if (item != null)
        {
  
             item.CssClass = "Focused";
         }

I've pasted in all of the relavent code below ( I think ). 

radmenu code from masterpage
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" Runat="server" CssClass="menuNav" 
                             EnableAjaxSkinRendering="False" 
                         EnableEmbeddedSkins="False" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1" >
                    </telerik:RadMenu>

sitemap - I can use the menu.xml format if needed.  whatever works.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <siteMapNode url="" title=""  description="">
        <siteMapNode url="Doctors.aspx" title="Doctors"  description="" />
        <siteMapNode url="Testimonials.aspx" title="Testimonials"  description="" />
      <siteMapNode url="Departments.aspx" title="Departments"  description="" />
      <siteMapNode url="Contact.aspx" title="Contact Us"  description="" />
        
    </siteMapNode>
</siteMap>

CSS -  appied to div containing the radmenu

.menuNav /*radmenu class- not used*/
{   
      
}
  
#navigationDiv a, #navigationDiv a:visited
{
    height:37px;
    text-decoration:none;
    color:#0069aa;
}
  
  
#navigationDiv a:hover, #navigationDiv a:active, #navigationDiv a:focus
{
    height:37px;
    background-image:url(images/hoverImage.jpg);
    background-position:center;
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    color:#0069aa;
      
}
lafon Clark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Aug 2010
5 answers
198 views
Hello Telerik Team,

I have two tabs with two UserControls loaded inside them.
How do I save the state of one tab i.e; if I click on something inside tab 2, it eventually causes a postback which then causes tab1 to lose its content. I have enabledviewstate = true but still I am not able to maintain the State of one tab if content in other tab is changed.

Help in this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Smith
Johan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?