Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
104 views
How do you center all the content vertically in the rows of a RadGrid?  Especially when a given row has a photo and then regular text which is clearly not as tall.  Thanks
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
2 answers
438 views
Hi,

I am trying to add validation to a RadTextBox that will cause validation to occur when the text box loses focus.

The scenerio is: If a user uses the Tab key to move out of a text box that is a reuired field, I am trying to display an error message stating that the field is a required field. I tried using RequiredFieldValidator control, which works fine when user submits, and CustomValidator control setting setting ValidateEmptyText to true.

Is there a way that this can be done client-side without writing JavaScript? If JavaScript needs to be written, what are some of the key calls to make?

Thanks in advance.
gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
2 answers
217 views
Hi,

I have a RadMaskedTextbox to enter date in my app.

We have special requirement that user should be able input partial dates. Example if user don’t know the day they should be able to specify a special character like example “?”. 03/?/1998.  Is there any way I can allow RadMaskedText or any other Telerik control to work like this?

Thank you,

usr9999
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
2 answers
136 views
I was looking at the Sitefinity CMS and was curious as to how the generic content editor appears on the page as it does? (figure 2 in the link provided): http://www.sitefinity.com/help/developer-manual/generic-content-public-controls.html.
I have a project where I open an editor for HTML on a web page and currently the editor opens in a RadWindow. The Sitefinity way of doing is seems much faster and provides the added functionality of opening another "window" inside the editor window (figure 3 in the link provided). If possible I would love to see an example project of how to do this, if not I would simply like to know what Rad Control is used to display the editing window.

Edit: After looking at some of the videos it appears that it is a RadWindow, if it is then is the parent for the second window (figure 3) the page, or the first window? Also how does it load so fast? My RadWindow takes ~5 seconds to load.
Dan Miller
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
150 views
How can I programatically or thru Javascript open only 1 RadDock at a time?
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
3 answers
114 views
Hello!
I have an Editor on my page with AutoResizeHeight property set to true. The Edior pretty resizes his height when I type text and use Paste commands from toolbar and context menu, but does nothing when I paste text using Ctrl+V keys combination. 
The definition of my Editor looks like this:
 <telerik:RadEditor ID="fld_editor_DOCTEXT" runat="server" ContentFilters="RemoveScripts, MakeUrlsAbsolute, FixUlBoldItalic, IECleanAnchors"
                    EditModes="Design" Height="115px" Skin="Windows7" Width="750px" OnClientLoad="OnRadEditorLoad"
                    AutoResizeHeight="true" OnClientCommandExecuted="OnDocTextCommandExecuted" StripFormattingOptions="NoneSupressCleanMessage"
                    OnClientPasteHtml="OnHTMLPasted">
.........................................................

I use 2010.1.519.35 version of Telerik.Web.UI.dll
Please, help me with this issue.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
109 views
After updating from I think Q3 2008 version to the latest version of 2010, the Rad Dock has stopped showing up when expanded.  However, after expanding, if we click on the top bar (where the title of the dock exists, as if we are trying to drag it) it all shows up.

What could be the possible problem.  We are using our own custom skin, if that helps in isolating the problem.'
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
67 views
Hi,

My portal allows users to move the docks around and then click a button to save the changes. But seems the SaveLayout Routine won't save the Collapse/Expand status of a RadDock. Some user wanted to collapse some docks by default in order to get more area to display information they focus on. May I know how to do this?

Thanks
Andy Ho
Petio Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
42 views
Hi Telerik Team,

    I can't find some client side method neither in intellisence list when writing js code, nor in help document, but it does exist,

such as set_id() of PageView, repaint() of TabStrip and so on , why?  Are there something wrong of my installation?

Thanks.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
1 answer
199 views
hello, I used Tooltip referring DEMO of Telerik using ASCX for that and initially it worked but just 2-3 days before, I checked, tool tip doesnt work... I have used RadAjaxManager+RadTooltip+RadAjaxPanel. When I remove Ajax Settings of RadTooltip, it starts giving error "Object reference not set". And When I set those settings, it shows tooltip but hides before showing the content. Please help me out in this....I am in need indeed..!!!!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?