Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
279 views
I have a scenario where I use NH.Linq to access data, returning and IQuerable which I then bind to the Telerik Grid and it handles paging and sorting and filtering and all of that.  A situation arose where I'm going to need to integrate another data type in to the grid and the solution there would be a common view model between the two grid types.

What I'd like to do is convert my entities to a view model prior to it getting to the aspx page -- so it would only pull down the records that I need by virtue of the DataSource/IQueryable, but then I could shape the data as needed by converting it to a view model prior to populating the grid in the aspx page.

Is there anything I can hook in to so as to accomplish this?

Thanks
Don
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
3 answers
269 views
Hi
I am creating my grid (with nested view) fully in code-behind & it all works fine when I set 'NestedViewTemplate' to my custom template class. What I was wondering is whether I could use an ascx instead of a ITemplate class?

Out of interest I took a long shot and tried this but it doesn't work:

 

 

public class ChildTable :ITemplate

 

{

 

 

    public void InstantiateIn(System.Web.UI.Control container)

 

    {

 

 

        Table tb = new Table();

 

 

 

        TableRow tr = new TableRow();

 

 

 

        TableCell td = new TableCell();

 

 

 

        TextBox txt = new TextBox();

 

 

 

        MyUserControl uc = new MyUserControl();

 

        td.Controls.Add(uc);

        tr.Cells.Add(td);

        tb.Rows.Add(tr);

        container.Controls.Add(tb);

    }

}

Al
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
2 answers
167 views
I have several RadWindows and each of them ignore the height value, the width is OK.

What could be causing this.

Andy
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
1 answer
157 views

I use GridBinaryImageColumn in RadGrid. Some rows don't have images so that cell should be empty or have default image. How to do this?

I tried but it does not work.

1.protected void RadGrid_databound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
2.       {
3.           if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
4.           {
5.               GridDataItem item = e.Item as GridDataItem;
6.               (item["LogoColumn"].Controls[0] as Image).ImageUrl = "~/App_Themes/Theme1/Images/default.gif";
7.           }
8.       }

Setting item.Visible = false show empty image icon in IE

Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
2 answers
74 views
Hi,

I have  a flash in content page.
On a link button click I open a rad window thru script.
But the flash is overlapping the radwindow.

How to avoid this?.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
1 answer
170 views
simple little page here, but every time I select I get the javascript error $f is not defined.  All I'm trying to do is set the selected date of the calendar.
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="crud.aspx.cs" Inherits="Grid_crud" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadCalendar.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radCln" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
 
    <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
        function dummy() {
            var calendar = $find("<%= gridCalendar.ClientID %>");
            calendar.selectDate("05/10/2010", true);
        }
    </script>
 
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <radCln:RadCalendar ID="gridCalendar" runat="server">
        </radCln:RadCalendar>
        <button type="button" id="Select" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 2px;" onclick="dummy();">
            Select</button>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
1 answer
555 views
Hi,

I need a way to know which column the current item in ItemCreated is part of.

Essentially, I want to be able to do this:

Dim dctLocked as Dictionary(Of String, Boolean)
.
.
.
CType(e.Item, GridDataItem).Enabled = dctLocked(CurrentColumnUniqueName)

Where CurrentColumnUniqueName is a variable containing the current column unique name somehow.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Daniel
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
1 answer
63 views
We are way behind in the telerik upgrade and want to upgrade from Q2 2007 controls to the Q2 , 2010. Do i have to go through each level of upgrade or can I copy the latest alone. Anyone done this ? Need some direction. I already updated the solution from .net 2.0 to 4.0. Any input appreciated.
Thanks
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
2 answers
136 views
Is there a way to add dynamic controls in the RadDock?

I am trying to add dynamic controls in a raddock, but unfortunately the controls I added are not put inside the dock area, but below it.

So in my example, I have created a label, "Tempo", inside my raddock during design time.

During page_init, I tried adding more labels with values of "Ant", "Baboon", "Cat", "Dinosaur"..., but all of them are created not inside the colored area of the dock.

Why is this happening? Is there a way to get my dynamic controls within the (colored) area of the dock?

I have attached the screenshot of the output.
blue
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
0 answers
66 views
*Removed, support ticket instead*
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 16 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?