Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
247 views
I am surprising difficulty in centering the top level buttons on a horizontal menu.

The menu is in a table row of 850px, but the buttons do not fill the row.
Visual Studio shows them as desired centered vs the menu bar background, but when I view
in a browser, the buttons are all grouped to the left.

I have the following in the declaration:
<div style="text-align:center; padding-top:0px; margin-top:0px">
  
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1" Runat="server" Skin="Black"   CausesValidation="False" DefaultGroupSettings-Flow="Vertical" width="850px">
  
                    <Items>
                        <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" Text="HOME" 
                            NavigateUrl="~/Default.aspx">
                        </telerik:RadMenuItem>
  
etc etc

Please advise how I can get the buttons to be centred!

Thanks

Clive
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
4 answers
349 views
Hi.

I have a RadGrid with AutoGenerateColumns="True", when there are several columns, the info and the Header titles overlap.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdReport" runat="server" AllowPaging="true" AutoGenerateColumns="True"
        BorderWidth="1px" GridLines="None" OnPageIndexChanged="grdReport_PageIndexChanged" PageSize="10"
        onitemdatabound="grdReport_ItemDataBound" >
                                        <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="true"
                                        FirstPageToolTip="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, FirstPage %>"
                                        LastPageToolTip="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, LastPage %>" Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric"
                                        NextPagesToolTip="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, NextPages %>"
                                        NextPageToolTip="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, NextPage %>"
                                        PagerTextFormat="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, PagerTextFormat %>" Position="Bottom"
                                        PrevPagesToolTip="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, PrevPages %>"
                                        PrevPageToolTip="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, PrevPage %>" Visible="true" />
                                        <clientsettings scrolling-allowscroll="true"
                                        scrolling-usestaticheaders="true" Resizing-AllowColumnResize="true" Resizing-ClipCellContentOnResize="false">
<Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True"></Scrolling>
                                        </clientsettings>       
                                        <statusbarsettings loadingtext="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, Loading %>"
                                        readytext="<%$ Resources:WebDexon, Ready %>" />
                                        <ItemStyle Height="100%" />
                                        <mastertableview nodetailrecordstext="" nomasterrecordstext="" tablelayout="Fixed" Height="90%">
                                        </mastertableview>
                    </telerik:RadGrid>

protected void grdReport_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Item is GridPagerItem)
            {
                GridPagerItem pager = (GridPagerItem)e.Item;
                RadComboBox pageSizeComboBox = (RadComboBox)pager.FindControl("PageSizeComboBox");
                pageSizeComboBox.Visible = false;
                Label changePageSizelbl = (Label)pager.FindControl("ChangePageSizeLabel");
                changePageSizelbl.Visible = false;              
            }
        }

I've added a printscreen.
Is there any way to fix this?
I appreciate your response as soon as possible
edward ropero
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
2 answers
153 views
hi,
  Im new in telerik. In RadScheduler instead of the default appointmnet window im using RadDock for customize fields.
  And  Im using ColorPicker.I want to change the given appointment color based on the ColorPicker colors, while Save or Update the      
  appointment. Can you please help me?

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
3 answers
115 views
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/functionality/multiplecomboboxes/defaultcs.aspx

I use the method in above link to implement cascading dropdown list. However I have two issues can not be fixed using the above method.

1. In the last combobox(in above link, it is the city combobox), I set postback = true. However after page postback, the selected value in each combobox is lost. How can I retrieve the selected value for each combobox? Especially for the last combobox?


2. If there is only one selection in combobox, how to disable dropdown function in the combobox . For example, in the above link, if I choose “Asia” in continent combobox, “china” in country combobox,  the “Beijing” will be only one selection in city combobox. How to let “beiJing” display in city combobox directly  and disable its dropdown function?  


From my understanding, the above method is using web service to implement cascading dropdown function, therefore it is stateless even within a same page. I am not sure if issue #1 is related with the stateless feature.  

 

Thanks,

 

Yao

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
97 views
Anyone manage to download a document using GridAttachmentColumn when the document is stored in System.Data.Linq.Binary format?

I get a javascript error.....
Uncaught Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Det gick inte att omvandla ett objekt av typen System.Data.Linq.Binary till typen System.Byte[].
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
99 views
Hi,

I have a Radgrid that has a DetailTable. Inside the of the Master I have an ItemTemplate Column that contains a checkbox. Same for the GridDataView of the DetailTable. On CheckedChanged I run a simple update query, and then rebind the RadGrid. When the rebind is done I find that the GridView is colapsed. I could use item.OwnerTableView.Rebind() on the same event instead of rebinding the whole grid. This fixes the problem for the detail Tables but if the checkbox belongs to the master tablethen i get the same effect collapsing effect. Does anyone knows how to overcome this?

Thanks in advance!
 
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
7 answers
958 views
Hi,

I try on the server site to reset the selected date ( textbox need to be empty).

The definition of my RadDatePicker is :
<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="txt_DateFrom" runat="server" Culture="nl-NL" MinDate="2010-02-15" 
                                MaxDate="" ShowPopupOnFocus="true" /> 

I try to use this but whithout effect !

txt_DateFrom.DateInput.Text = string.empty;

I try to find a solution on the demo area, documentation and forum but nothing founded!

Can you me please help with this?

In advance thanks,

Regards,

Edwin.
bdk0172
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
122 views
I have a SQLDataAdapter with a data relation defined thusly:
        Dim cnn As SqlConnection = New SqlConnection(Application("ConnStr"))
        Dim cmd1 As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter("select * from topic_Areas Order by Topic_Name ASC", cnn)
        Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet()
        cmd1.Fill(ds, "topic_Areas")
        Dim cmd2 As SqlDataAdapter = New SqlDataAdapter("select * from vw_DCMP_Topics_Subjects Order by Subject_Name ASC", cnn)
        cmd2.Fill(ds, "vw_DCMP_Topics_Subjects")
        ds.Relations.Add("myrelation", ds.Tables("topic_Areas").Columns("Topic_Num"), ds.Tables("vw_DCMP_Topics_Subjects").Columns("Topic_Num"))
       'some form of setting the Treeview datasource on this line
        Page.DataBind()
        cnn.Close()

I would like to have the Parent nodes populated with the topic_areas and the child nodes for each parent node filled with the vw_DCMP_Topics_Subjects related data.

Is if possible to do this with the Treeview and if so how would one do this?

Thanks in advance.

swells
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
2 answers
124 views
Hello,

I am developing a web application that is accessed two ways: through a LAN and through a gateway.  It works fine when accessed over the LAN, but breaks when accessed over the gateway because of the AJAX in the application.  Of course the AJAX is there because there is substantial use of Telerik controls :)

The problem is that there is a directory structure in the gateway URL.  When it tries to load the objects, it looks for /ScriptResource.axd?d=blob&t=timestamp and cannot find it, so none of the Telerik AJAX controls work properly.

Anyway, I've read that you can force the ScriptManager to use static files.  I've set it to use a static Telerik.Web.UI file (as shown in the static client side library), but I see that isn't the only Telerik script that is loaded.  On one particular page (on which there are about 10 Telerik controls) I see there are numerous other calls to ScriptResource.axd that generate client side code to handle the Telerik controls.  Is there any way I can reference those in the <scripts> section of the <scriptmanager>, and perhaps save them as static files as well? 

Or is there another solution to this gateway problem? 

Thanks!!
Diego
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
63 views
On a custom toolbar button click I would like to insert a start html tag at begining of  selected content and and an close tag at the end of the selection.

There is a help on inserting HTML tag at the beginning of the selection, the problem is inserted the close tag at the end of the selection

for example a user selcts some text in content area;
Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.CommandList["MyTestButton"] = function(commandName, editor, args)
{
   editor.pasteHtml(
'<TagBegin>');

       /*some way to find end of selection ???*/

   editor.pastHtml('<TagEnd>');
 
};

Thanks in advanced

-----addendum-----
---Never mind... This is clearly addressed in the help---

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/obtainingcurrenteditorselectionashtml.html
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?