Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
99 views
Hi All,
I have a Database table which has more than 150 Columns into it and round 10,000 records into, i want to make an editable grid which user can use to edit any cell and update, Can you guys tell me the best solution to it so that the performance is good and page does not hangs.

Thanks
Ankit
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
3 answers
281 views
I am putting a RadTreeView within a RadWindow (div - not separate page) I must be able to dynamically control the size of the window based on the treeview and other conditions. Most of the time, the window.autoResize will suffice, however, when I use the window.autoSize() function of the RadWindow along with the treeview clientside events [OnClientNodeExpanded  & OnClientNodeCollapsed] I get scrollbars that are unnecessary. No css has been able to remove the scrollbars. It seems as though the window.autoResize() method is happening prior to the completion of the treeview events I am wired-up to.

Any thoughts as to why I have to wait for the treeview's client events to finish in order to resize the window and get the scrollbars to go away?


P.S. I believe this is a bug, so I did submit a support ticket along with sample project, but was thinking that maybe someone here may have run into this issue before and may have a solution.

Jared
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
135 views
Hello All,

I am aware the lazy initialization (when not in default mode) is by design. Can I force initialization/display when the page is loaded when ToolbarMode="Floating"?

I would like the toolbar to be displayed on page load rather than having to click the toggle button.

Thanks,
Jeremy

 

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
167 views
Hi,
This is my requirement.
I have a form with Captcha and by clicking on submit button a JQuery function calls a web method of an asmx web service using Ajax.
How can I validate Captcha value in that web method? Because it is not the code behind, I cannot use Page.IsValid method.
If the Captcha value is stored in a session variable, since both my web page and asmx file are at the same HTTPContext I can read it and validate it.
Thanks in advance,
Reza.
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
2 answers
250 views
Hi,
I have a RadGrid with master table Orders and detail table OrderItems. OrdterItems table has nullable decimal column 'Price'.
When I expand detail table, Price column is empty, all other columns have values. Additionally, when I use the Price column in GridCalculatedColumn (e.g. Count * Price), I get an exception, that column [Price] was not found.

Columns in detail table are set declaratively. 

This happens only with OpenAccessDataSource, with SqlDataSource everything works fine.

Any solution?

Thanks,
Robert
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
155 views
Is there anyway to force a URL format to be entered when a user is using HyperLink Manager?  I am trying to avoid users entering a link that goes nowhere.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
93 views
I'm attempting to use the radfileexplorer to browse a folder on the root of my web application.  The application is in source control, although I do have the directory I'm wishing to use checked out.

I cannot get it to display any of the files contained in this directory (although it will show child directories).  All of the buttons in the toolbar are disabled.

<telerik:RadFileExplorer runat="server" ID="FileExplorer1" EnableOpenFile="true" DisplayUpFolderItem="true" EnableCreateNewFolder="true" Enabled="true">                   
<Configuration ViewPaths="~/test" UploadPaths="~/test" DeletePaths="~/test" />
</telerik:RadFileExplorer>

I've also attempted setting the paths in the codebehind also to no effect.

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        string[] applicationName = new string[] { this.ResolveUrl("~/test") };
        string[] allowedUploadPaths = new string[] { this.ResolveUrl("~/test") };
        string[] allowedDeletePaths = new string[] { this.ResolveUrl("~/test") };
 
        FileExplorer1.Configuration.ViewPaths = applicationName;
        FileExplorer1.Configuration.DeletePaths = allowedDeletePaths;
        FileExplorer1.Configuration.UploadPaths = allowedUploadPaths;
    }


thanks
~Dave
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
237 views
how can i set the text property of the RadPanelItem using the inline c# code block? my code line is below. the variables are declared as global "protected string" in the c# code.

 

<telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server" ID="RadPanelBar1" Skin="Web20">
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="Quick Links" Expanded="true" PreventCollapse="true">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="<%= textProperty %>" NavigateUrl="<%= urlProperty %>" />
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
    </Items>
</telerik:RadPanelBar>

 

 

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
74 views
Hi,

I am quite new to the telerik controls, so I apologize in advance if the question is newby :)

Sometimes when I refresh the page, (It's RadWindow with UserControl dinamicly added to it on the codebehind and the updatepanel is on the masterpage)

This isn't happening on every refresh and I can't find the exact logic regarding when it happens.
Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
4 answers
163 views
Hi

We are trying to copy and paste 20-30 pages of a word document containing tables into the telerik rad editor and it is hung and
unresponsiveness any further editing/deleting that we are trying to do is taking a lot of time. 


What is the maximum amount of data a telerik rad editor can support with out any performance issues?


Regards,
Kishore


Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?