Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
225 views
Hi

I am not sure if I am doing the wrong thing here. I have several flag imagebuttons in a master page,
but the tooltip does not display on hover. I can't see why not. They look like this:
<asp:ImageButton ID="ImageButtonChinese" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/flags/chinese-flag.gif" />
  
      <telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTipChinese" runat="server" Animation="Fade" 
      TargetControlID="ImageButtonChinese" IsClientID="true" 
      Text="Click flag for Mandarin site" Position="TopRight" >
      </telerik:RadToolTip>

The image buttons are made visible or not in code behind, during the page load event.
What am I missing?

Thanks for help!

Clive

Clive
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
81 views
Good Day

Something Strange is happening  in my App.

I have a Button that Switches the controls no and off(Showing and Hiding)

and the code is like this

protected void btnCalender_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    RadToolBarItem textItem = RadToolBar1.FindItemByText("Button1");
    ImageButton btnCalender = (ImageButton)textItem.FindControl("btnCalender");
 
    if (RadGrid1.Visible == true)
    {
        //lblTestlabel.Visible = false;
        RadGrid1.Visible = false;
        RadScheduler1.Visible = true;
        LeftPane.Collapsed = false;
        btnCalender.ImageUrl = "~/images/Picture5.png";
 
 
    }
    else
    {
        RadGrid1.Visible = true;
        // lblTestlabel.Visible = true;
       RadScheduler1.Visible = false;
 
       LeftPane.Collapsed = false;
        btnCalender.ImageUrl = "~/images/CalenderView.png";
    }
     
 
     
}

and its working well , but now i have a Grid and that grid has paging and  its defined like this

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True"
                AutoGenerateHierarchy="True" GridLines="None" Height="744px"
                ondetailtabledatabind="RadGrid1_DetailTableDataBind1"
                OnItemCommand="RadGrid1_ItemCommand" OnItemCreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated"
                onneeddatasource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource1" PageSize="10" Skin="Forest"
                Visible="False" Width="100%" AllowSorting="True">
                <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="true" Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                <MasterTableView>
                    <CommandItemSettings  ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf" />
                    <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="True" />
                </MasterTableView>
                <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                <AlternatingItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
            </telerik:RadGrid>

as you can see , when a Radgrid is visible the Radschedular needs to hidden, that works fine , until i start clicking on the pages of the grid, while paging, the Scheduler will appear at the bottom.

i need Help on that
Vuyiswa
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
2 answers
128 views
I have a template column. I dont want to export it.
I tried to do
1. Make the column visible=false before export
grd.Columns[0].Visible = false;

grd.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel();

grd.Columns[0].Visible =

true;

 


2. Add attribute.add to cell and make it visible = false.

e.Row.Cells[0].Attributes.Add(

"visible", "false");

 


3. Remove the cell

e.Row.Cells.RemoveAt(0);


However i was unsucessfull .. can you pls suggest a wasy so that the column is not exported and there is no blank column in the export

 

grd.ExportSettings.IgnorePaging =

true;

 

grd.ExportSettings.OpenInNewWindow =

true;

 

grd.ExportSettings.Excel.Format = Telerik.Web.UI.

GridExcelExportFormat.Html;

 

grd.ExportSettings.ExportOnlyData =

true;

 

Sabyasachi Dechaudhari
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
82 views
Hai,

How to get a node selected and highlighted it with a different color on pageload. I have tried selectedNode, selectedText but in vein.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
1.3K+ views
How can i set the selected index of a combobox in javascript.

eg: i wish to set the index to the first option upon when a check box is unchecked.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
140 views
Hi there,
When I use this code:
protected void RadGridPhaseGroup_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Item is GridCommandItem)
        {
            LinkButton addButton = e.Item.FindControl("InitInsertButton") as LinkButton;
            addButton.Text = "Add new group";
        }
    }

It will change my add new item button name. However, I'm using the hierarchy grid. Are there any ways that i would be able to change the add button name of the outer grid to " Add new group" and the title of the add button name of the inner grid to "Add phase"?
The code above change the add button title for both the outer and inner grid.
Thanks in advance
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
1 answer
96 views
I have the data as the following

ID ProductName Active
1      "One"              1
2      "Two"              1
3      "Three"        0
4      "Four"             1

I want to hide row id=3 because active is 0 when a grid is bound.
How to accomplish this?

Thanks
Brew
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
3 answers
230 views

Hi,

I'm working on my first project which uses Telerik controls. It is an older version. For example, the DLL is RadGrid.Net2.dll and the version is 5.0.1.0

How can I find documentation and videos etc for that version of the control? There is no indication on the support site which version it applies to (I can only assume that it is the current version).

 

Cheers

David

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Aug 2010
8 answers
193 views
Hi,
I have two RadGrids in a webform.
I want the second grid to show a few rows based on a filter criteria in the first grid.
But the first grid is in multi-row edit mode, and the user will normally only navigate between the editable cells (like a spreadsheet).
And then I can't capture any server side event that makes it possible to refresh the second grid with appropriate data.

Anyone having a solution for this?

Regards,
Erik Lidman
Erik Lidman
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
6 answers
243 views
Hi

Have a page which loads a user control using the RadAjaxManager. This user control contains a ModalPopupExtender. 

ModalPopupExtender is triggered to show (server side) when clicking a button within the loaded user control.

The modal dialog (panel) which ModalPopupExtender extends is shown without problems, but  whenever any button within modal dialog is clicked the following exception occurs server side:    

System.ArgumentException: Invalid JSON primitive: . atSystem.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializePrimitiveObject()atSystem.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.DeserializeInternal(Int32depth) atSystem.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptObjectDeserializer.BasicDeserialize(Stringinput, Int32 depthLimit, JavaScriptSerializer serializer) atSystem.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize(JavaScriptSerializerserializer, String input, Type type, Int32 depthLimit) atSystem.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer.DeserializeObject(Stringinput) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey,NameValueCollection postCollection) atTelerik.Web.UI.RadInputControl.LoadPostData(String postDataKey,NameValueCollection postCollection) atTelerik.Web.UI.RadWebControl.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(StringpostDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) atSystem.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollection postData,Boolean fBeforeLoad) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(BooleanincludeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Implementation is based on the examples in this forum.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Best regards,

/Magnus
Magnus Lund
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?