Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
261 views
Hello Team,

I have a problem in refreshing the Tabs selection. Problem description as below.

1) I have two tabs (Tab1 , Tab2) . There is a textbox and a button on Tab1, when the user clicks on button it should redirect the user to Tab2 to show some additional controls and data.

2) Currently i can select the  Tab2 but the contents on page view are still from Tab1 and not Tab 2.

Please help me in solving this problem..I have seen all the articles provided by telerik but none seems solving the issue.

Awaiting for your replies.

Below is the sample code given.
<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tabRawReliable" runat="server" Skin="Simple" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" SelectedIndex="0">
                                    <Tabs>
<telerik:RadTab text="Tab1" Value="View" Font-Bold="true" PageViewID="PageView1"/>
<telerik:RadTab text="Tab2" Value="Edit" PageViewID="RadPageView2"/>
                                    </Tabs></telerik:RadTabStrip>
  
<telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server">
 <telerik:RadPageView ID="PageView1" runat="server" >
<asp:TextBox id ="txt1" runat="server"/>
<asp:ImageButton  ID="imgAddNew" runat="server" />
</telerik:RadPageView>
<telerik:RadPageView ID="RadPageView2" runat="server">
<asp:TextBox id ="txt1" runat="server"/>
<asp:TextBox id ="txt2" runat="server"/>
<asp:TextBox id ="txt3" runat="server"/>
<asp:TextBox id ="txt4" runat="server"/>
<asp:Button  ID="Submit" runat="server" />
</telerik:RadPageView>                               </telerik:RadMultiPage>                                                               
                                   


Regards
Sudhakar
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
1 answer
87 views
That way I can move cell by cell in radgrid?
Up down left right.
With the arrow keys on the keyboard.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
3 answers
176 views
asp.net Ajax Q2 2010 with IE8

Have existing resizable TextBox which I want to convert to a RadTextBox:-

 

<asp:Panel ID="Pan_dataAdditionalContactInformation" runat="server" Width="410" Height="32" ScrollBars="None"><asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="dataAdditionalContactInformation" Text='<%# Bind("AdditionalContactInformation") %>' TextMode="MultiLine" MaxLength="200" Width="420" ToolTip="Example; Any morning between 10 11am except Wednesday or Saturday" /></asp:Panel> 

 

 

 

 

<ajaxToolkit:ResizableControlExtender ID="rce_dataAdditionalContactInformation" runat="server" TargetControlID="Pan_dataAdditionalContactInformation" ResizableCssClass="resizingText" HandleCssClass="handleText" MinimumWidth="420" MinimumHeight="32" MaximumWidth="420" MaximumHeight="250" HandleOffsetX="5" HandleOffsetY="5" OnClientResizing="ResizeTextBox" /> 

 

 

 

 

function

 

ResizeTextBox(sender, eventargs) {

 

 

 

var element = sender.get_element();

 

 

element.children[2].style.height = element.style.height;

element.children[2].style.width = element.style.width;

 

return false;

 

 

}

I changed the TextBox to a RadTextBox and use the ResizeRadTextBox function:-

function ResizeRadTextBox(sender, eventargs) {

 

 

 

var element = sender.get_element();

 

 

element.children[2].children[0].style.height = element.style.height;

element.children[2].children[0].style.width = element.style.width;

 

return false;

 

 

}

 


The resizing works, however, as soon as the cursor moves back over the resized RadTextBox it reverts back to its original size.

I have had similar issues where I have been using the wrong method to set the property but can't seem to find a way to set it correctly.

Thanks

 

 

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
1 answer
123 views
Hi

I'm using your example of a tree in a combo box - http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/treeview/examples/functionality/treeviewcombobox/defaultcs.aspx?product=treeview

This uses a button to postback , I need to have the control auto postback. But I have a problem where the value is not in the combobox, but if I open it the value in the tree is still selected.

What am I doing wrong.

Andy
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
3 answers
154 views
Hi,

I'm facing the issues in "Data Binding". In Appointment Template i placed two values as i shown the code below.
But in outcome, it the values are placing two times in the calender.

<

 

asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">

 

 

<AjaxSettings>

 

 

<telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadScheduler1">

 

 

<UpdatedControls>

 

 

<telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadScheduler1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />

 

 

</UpdatedControls>

 

 

</telerik:AjaxSetting>

 

 

</AjaxSettings>

 

 

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="radAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" />

 

 

<div style="width: 743px; height: 560px; background: transparent url('Images/background.png') no-repeat 0 0;

 

 

padding-top: 34px; padding-left: 7px;">

 

 

<div style="color: #000; font: 14px 'Segoe UI', Arial, sans-serif; position: static;

 

 

top: 5px; padding-left: 5px;">

 

My Schedule

 

</div>

 

 

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="radSplitter1" runat="server" PanesBorderSize="0" Skin="Web20"

 

 

Width="750" Height="500" Style="border: solid red 1px;">

 

 

<telerik:RadPane ID="leftPane" runat="server" Width="240px" MinWidth="240" MaxWidth="300"

 

 

Scrolling="None">

 

 

<div style="width: 220px; margin: 7px auto;">

 

 

<telerik:RadCalendar runat="server" ID="RadCalendar1" Skin="Web20" OnSelectionChanged="radCalendar1_SelectionChanged"

 

 

AutoPostBack="true" EnableMultiSelect="false" DayNameFormat="FirstTwoLetters"

 

 

OnDefaultViewChanged="radCalendar1_DefaultViewChanged" EnableNavigation="true"

 

 

EnableMonthYearFastNavigation="false">

 

 

</telerik:RadCalendar>

 

 

<telerik:RadCalendar ID="RadCalendar2" runat="server" Skin="Web20" OnSelectionChanged="radCalendar2_SelectionChanged"

 

 

AutoPostBack="true" EnableMultiSelect="false" DayNameFormat="FirstTwoLetters"

 

 

EnableNavigation="true" EnableMonthYearFastNavigation="false">

 

 

</telerik:RadCalendar>

 

 

</div>

 

 

</telerik:RadPane>

 

 

<telerik:RadSplitBar runat="server" ID="RadSplitBar2" CollapseMode="Forward" />

 

 

<telerik:RadPane runat="Server" ID="rightPane" Scrolling="None" Width="500px">

 

 

<telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="RadScheduler1" Height="500px" Skin="Web20" CustomAttributeNames="StartTime,EndTime,SessionDate"

 

 

ShowViewTabs="true" ShowHeader="true" ShowFooter="true" SelectedDate="2010-07-11"

 

 

DataStartField="StartTime" DataEndField="EndTime" EnableDescriptionField="true"

 

 

DayStartTime="08:00:00" AllowInsert="false" AllowEdit="false" AllowDelete="false" ReadOnly="false"

 

 

DayEndTime="21:00:00" FirstDayOfWeek="Monday" DataKeyField="SessionId" DataSubjectField="SessionDate" Columns="1"

 

 

LastDayOfWeek="Friday" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" OnNavigationComplete="radScheduler1_NavigationComplete">

 

 

<AdvancedForm Modal="true" />

 

 

 

 

<AppointmentTemplate >

 

 

 

<div style="text-align: left; margin: 0 0 3px; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold;

 

 

color: #369; height: 17px; border-bottom: 1px solid #8bf; width: 100%;">

 

 

<asp:Label runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("StartTime")%>' ID="RecurrenceIcon" />

 

 

<asp:Label runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("EndTime")%>' ID="Label1" />

 

 

 

</div>

 

 

</AppointmentTemplate>

 

 

<ResourceTypes>

 

 

<telerik:ResourceType KeyField="ID" Name="SessionDate" TextField="SessionDate" ForeignKeyField="SessionDate" />

 

 

</ResourceTypes>

 

 

</telerik:RadScheduler>

 

 

</telerik:RadPane>

 

 

</telerik:RadSplitter>

 

 

</div>

 

</

 

asp:Content>

 


output:

(12) in date of calender
   
    12:00AM
    11.55PM
    12:00AM
    11.55PM

I need only one databind value..d\not to repeat two times.


Thanks,
Daniel.B
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
3 answers
136 views
hi

I have enable scrolling on a grid and it worked. But  the scrolling height is not 100% and how should i get 100% scroll height. Also, it seems that my data in the grid seems cut off. I have set the content Clipping to false but still it is cut off. What should i do? thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
2 answers
132 views
Hi,

I am trying to use RadEditor with a WebPart. While testing in IE8, all I am seeing is a blank box (screen below).

When testing same in FF3, I can see the tool icons, but all of them are posting back and textbox is not editable.

<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="txtTestEditor" SkinID="BasicSetOfTools" Height="150px" Width="350px" Enabled="true">
</telerik:RadEditor>

Attached code above.

Here's the error I am getting...

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 17:18:37 UTC


Message: Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined.
Parameter name: type
Line: 2705
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: http://usjhy1-wdaps057:55000/ScriptResource.axd?d=0iuGtd48Fueg_5Fq0EK1jWJz6wD9JYcEHMKodKfSJdMdu5tMu-1ccepsKk8RO9Fm-zAnXfScIlWrdksWOC25kUKTBqfRadex13QyNUaBrD41&t=46d5a07b


Message: Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined.
Parameter name: type
Line: 2705
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: http://usjhy1-wdaps057:55000/ScriptResource.axd?d=0iuGtd48Fueg_5Fq0EK1jWJz6wD9JYcEHMKodKfSJdMdu5tMu-1ccepsKk8RO9Fm-zAnXfScIlWrdksWOC25kUKTBqfRadex13QyNUaBrD41&t=46d5a07b


Message: Sys.ArgumentUndefinedException: Value cannot be undefined.
Parameter name: type
Line: 2705
Char: 12
Code: 0
URI: http://usjhy1-wdaps057:55000/ScriptResource.axd?d=0iuGtd48Fueg_5Fq0EK1jWJz6wD9JYcEHMKodKfSJdMdu5tMu-1ccepsKk8RO9Fm-zAnXfScIlWrdksWOC25kUKTBqfRadex13QyNUaBrD41&t=46d5a07b


UPDATE: Here I realized control is working fine if I removed UpdatePanel from page. While a sample page with WebPart is working absolutely fine.

Let me know if need any more information.

Thanks.
spt3210
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
4 answers
123 views
Hi,

We are trying to migrate our application from .Net3.5 to .net4.0

After migrate the Comobox "Load On Demand" is not working correctly.  if i click on the comboxbox, our logs show that the call has been made to the DB and back but list of item does show up in the combobox. Its just shows "Loading...." and some times after a long time it does show up.

The second problem is, I make another service call to the fill another comboxbox based on the item selected in the first combobox and this is done through client script. At this point i get a javascript error "Items is null or not object".

Everything works fine in .Net 3.5.

The application is hosted in IIS 6 32 bit and the version of telerik is "Q1 2010". 

Thanks
abraham
Dev LIPIX
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
3 answers
286 views
In the recent past, I have implemented a treeview in a combobox template in numerous projects.Telerik's online example helped, but it certainly wan't easy, and a decent amount of custom javascript is necessary, just to get it to work..Also, there are quite a few hurdles that need to be crossed (usually through custom javascript) when working with the treeview and drop down, and getting their individual selection/clicking functionalities to play nice together, particularly in ajax scenarios.

I think it would be great if telerik could create a "hybrid" control called a "Dropdown Treeview", or something along those lines. I realize that one of the nice things about Telerik controls is their ability to integrate with eachother. However, in this case, while the treeview/combo integration seems obvious, the reality is that the resultant control really doesn't use most of the treeview's functionality, nor does it use most of the combo box's functionality. So, simply integrating the existing treeview and combobox controls creates a large amount of overkill, and as each of these separate controls becomes more and more functional over time, it will likely make the current treeview in combo box template integration more susceptible to bugs and javascript issues.

I would think the creation of this hybrid control, which only has the simplest features of the treeview and combo box (ie, the ability to display tree nodes in a combo box with dropdown), would not be as difficult and time-consuming as creating a brand new control from scratch, given that Telierk already has the code base for much of it in the two separate controls. Anyhow, I'd be intersted in getting others' opinions on this. I think the treeview in a combox is a really nice UI feature in many applications, and I feel the creation of a hybrid control would be a much better long-term solution over the current treeview in combo box template example.

IMO, this control would only have to have the following primary functionality...

1) The ability to populate tree "nodes" pretty much in the same fashion as the current treeview.
2) The ability to pesent the nodes in a drop down,
3) The ability to set, or get the selectedNode property, just like in a regular treeview. The SelectedNode would be displayed in the "Combo" portion of the control.

There are some more advanced features possible, such as auto-selection of nodes as you type in the combobox (similar to auto-complete in the current combo box), but these are certainly not necessary in most every-day implementations.

As you can see, there's no need for the node check, drag/drop, edit, etc. features of the existing treeview and there's no need for the templating, multi-column, etc. features of the existing combo box. I also think that most of the future development of either of these controls, except perhaps in the area of performance improvement, would also be outside the scope of functionlaity necessary in the hybrid implementation, so agan, my fear is that as time goes on, the current treeviewi in combo box template solution will become more and more fragile, requiring rework of existing applications where this is implemented.
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
3 answers
72 views
I have an RadAjax page. On this page I have several nested rad tab strips with some of the tab strips containing rad windows. Now, in one of these nested tab strips I have a RadEditor control but am unable to set it's skin to a custom skin. I can set the custom skin to all other rad controls on the page, but not this one. I have tried to set the skin on everyone of the page events and even the rad editor's events but the skin doesn't get set. Please help.

Thanks,


Steve Holdorf
Steve Holdorf
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?