Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
100 views
The docs for the RadListBoxItem client-side API don't include the get_enabled() method.

I know it (the method) is there 'cos I've just successfully used it.

-- 
Stuart
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
1 answer
474 views
I am going to create a RadGrid Control In Client side and want to assign the Datasource from javascript

How to do that,

Here is code what I did so far,

 

var gridXml = "<employees><employee><name>Ram</name><age>25</age></employee><employee><name>John</name><age>30</age></employee></employees>";

 

 

//To Convert xml to Json
var
myJsonObject = xml2json.parser(gridXml);

 

 

//To Create RadGrid
var
radgrid = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid("TestGrid");

 

 

//To Get the Table View  -- But I got Null value while calling this method
var
tableView=radgrid.get_masterTableView();

 

tableView.set_dataSource(myJsonObject );

tableView.dataBind();


But tableview value is null, so how can i assingn datasource to gridview Control from javascript,

Thanks in advance,





Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
1 answer
204 views

I applied DataFormatString="<nobr>{0}</nobr>" to grid bound column and grid template column as below.
telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <asp:LabelText='<%# Eval("ContactTitle", "<nobr>{0}</nobr>") %>' ID="Label1" runat="server"></asp:Label>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>


In both the cases tool tip is displaying in single line.when huge amount of data is there we are unable to see the tooltip content.

My intension is without removing <nobr>{0}</nobr> to "Grid bound" or "Grid template column",tool tip has to be displayed in multi line.

If there is any alternative for this solution.Let me know please.
Thanking you..

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
1 answer
240 views
I've created some skins in the stylebuilder that I want to use on one of my pages. I have an overall theme that I use, but I also want to use a custom tab on the same page that differs from the tab-style in my main theme. To use my main theme I added it at the top of my markup as "Theme="MySkin" and used it on different places later in the code as  Skin="MySkin" and enableembeddedskins(?) as false.

Now, how can use my other skin in parts of the page aswell?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
5 answers
210 views
I want my RadEditor to fill the container it's in so I set the Width and Height properties to 100%.

When the page renders the width is set as expected but the height seems to being rendered as 100px rather than 100%. You should be able to see what I mean from the attached screenshot. The markup is shown below...

<telerik:RadEditor ID="edtHistory"
                   runat="server"
                   EnableResize="false"
                   ContentAreaMode="Div"
                   EditModes="Preview"
                   Height="100%"
                   NewLineBr="false"
                   Width="100%">
    <CssFiles>
        <telerik:EditorCssFile Value="~/App_Themes/Default/Default.css" />
    </CssFiles>
    <Modules>
        <telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorStatistics" Enabled="false" Visible="false" />
        <telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorDomInspector" Enabled="false" Visible="false" />
        <telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorHtmlInspector" Enabled="false" Visible="false" />
        <telerik:EditorModule Name="RadEditorNodeInspector" Enabled="false" Visible="false" />
    </Modules>
</telerik:RadEditor>

FYI, I'm using Q2 2010.

-- 
Stuart
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
0 answers
47 views
Dear friends,
   how to implement Ajax Extention control's update panel,Update Progress in 3.5 frawrk of Visual studio2008.
Plz anyone tell me i am struggling a lot in tat.
Regards,
Srinivas
Srinivasa prabhu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 18 Aug 2010
3 answers
150 views
I used in RadGrid:

<

 

Scrolling AllowScroll="True" FrozenColumnsCount="3" UseStaticHeaders="true" SaveScrollPosition="true"/>

 

 

<Resizing AllowColumnResize ="false" EnableRealTimeResize ="true" ClipCellContentOnResize ="true" ResizeGridOnColumnResize="true" />
in IE8 and Firefox, but I have white space below header.
Please suggest the solution.

Regards,
Isabel

 

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
4 answers
190 views
Hi,

I have two radcombo boxes with radtreeviews inside them. These controls are placed inside a RadAjaxPanel. But when i do a selection change in the treeview, the entire page posts back instead of performing ajax request. I have a couple of buttons placed with in this ajaxpanel and all of them raises an ajax request instead of a complete postback.Even an asp.net dropdownlist placed just above the radcombobox raises an ajax request instead of posting back the entire page.
The problem is there only with the radcomboboxes with radtreeviews. Below is a rough layout of the control hierarchy on my page.

<RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
<RadAjaxPanel>
              <ASP:Repeater>
                           <Button1>(Raises ajax request)
                            <Button2>(Raises ajax request)
              </ASP:Repeater>
              <RadDockLayout>
                                  <RadDockZone>
                                              <RadDock>
                                                   <ASP:DropDownList OnSelectedIndexChanged="EventHanler">
                                                    (Raises ajax request on SelectionIndexChanged)
                                                       <RadComboBox>
                                                              <ItemTemplate>
                                                                 <RadTreeView id="Tree1" OnNodeClick="On_NodeClick1">
                                                                   </RadTreeView>
                                                                    (Posts back the page on OnNodeClick)
                                                             </ItemTemplate>
                                                      </RadComboBox>
                                              </RadDock>
                                  </RadDockZone>
                                  <RadDockZone>
                                              <RadDock>
                                                       <RadComboBox>
                                                            <ItemTemplate>
                                                                <RadTreeView id="Tree2" OnNodeClick="On_NodeClick2">
                                                                 </RadTreeView>
                                                                  (Posts back the page)
                                                           </ItemTemplate>
                                                      </RadComboBox>
                                              </RadDock>
                                              </RadDock>
                                  </RadDockZone>
              </RadDockLayout>
</RadAjaxPanel>


Please let me know why this is happening and what i need to do to avoid a postback.

Thank You,
Nanda
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
1 answer
272 views

When using FileExplorer control, I would like to force a download of any files double clicked on, regardless of the type.  I believe the following code (which I took from the sample code) should do the trick:

 

 

 

<script type="text/javascript">

 

 

 

 

 

 

//<![CDATA[

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

function OnClientFileOpen(oExplorer, args) {

 

 

 

var item = args.get_item();

 

args.set_cancel(

 

true);

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

var requestImage = "Handler.ashx?path=" + item.get_url();

 

document.location = requestImage;

}

 

 

//]]>

 

 

 

 

</script>

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadFileExplorer ID="fileExplorer" runat="server" Width="700px" OnClientFileOpen="OnClientFileOpen" EnableOpenFile="true" TreePaneWidth="250px">

 

 

 

<Configuration SearchPatterns="*.*" MaxUploadFileSize="20480000"></Configuration>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadFileExplorer>.

 

However, I get the error message that Handler.ashx doesn't exists.

Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
1 answer
82 views
Hi all,

I want to change the charts range when a user clicks so they can view the years before and after, to do this I think I will have to change the axis ranges by adding or subtracting 366 to them, is there any way I can achieve this I am not sure how to go about it.

regards,

Ash 
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?