Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
96 views
Hi,

    I have a problem with the filter. Below is the scenario.

   1, I have a grid with 3 columns filter enabled.
   2. When i select some criteria in the first filter text box and filter by "Starts with" it is working
   3. I removed the text from the first filter text box and added some other text in the second text box
       but the deleted criteria is also displaying in the first text box alond with the second text box with is the problem. 
   4. I know there is an option call "No Filter" to do this, but when i remove any text from any of the filters
       it should not come up again with another filter criteria.

    Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Raj
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
95 views
Hi,

I'm binding a rag grid to the data source on aspx page except one column AGE which I'm calculating in code behind. The data binding works fine but filtering doesn't work for that column. Below is my code.

<

 

telerik:RadGrid AutoGenerateColumns="false" ID="rgrdPatient" DataSourceID="dsUINList"

 

 

AllowFilteringByColumn="True" AllowSorting="True"  ShowFooter="True" AllowPaging="True" runat="server"

 

 

OnItemDataBound="rgrdPatient_ItemDataBound" AllowMultiRowSelection="true">

 

<

 

MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="false" EditMode="InPlace" AllowFilteringByColumn="True" DataKeyNames="ID" >

 

 

<Columns>

 

 

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="DOB" HeaderText="Age" SortExpression="DOB" CurrentFilterFunction="EqualTo"

 

 

UniqueName="DOB" AutoPostBackOnFilter="true" ShowFilterIcon="true" FilterControlWidth="30px" DataType="System.Int16">

 

 

<HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="30px" />

 

 

<ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" Width="30px"/>

 

 

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

 

</

 

Columns>

 

 

 

</MasterTableView>

</

 

telerik:RadGrid>


 

 

protected void rgrdPatient_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

 

{


 

string Age = item["DOB"].Text;

 

 

DateTime dtAge = Convert.ToDateTime(Age);

 

Age =

GeneralFunction.CalculateAge(dtAge.Year.ToString(), dtAge.Month.ToString(), dtAge.Day.ToString()).ToString();

 

item[

"DOB"].Text = Age;

 


}

Regards,
Lubna.

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
4 answers
106 views
Hi, how to scale data-bound values along a given axis?  For example, the underlying data values need to be multiplied by 2 before being displayed on the Y-axis.  How to accomplish this?

Thanks
AS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
132 views
I'm running into a problem where resetting exceptions on a repeating appointment causes the first appointment to disappear from the Scheduler.  Using the demo project from this page in the knowledge base, the following steps will reproduce the issue.

1. Open project in VS2010
2. Run project conversion wizard
3. Convert project to .Net 4.0
4. Remove reference to old version of Telerik.Web.UI
5. Add reference to installed trial version (2010.2.713.40) of Telerik.Web.UI for .Net 4.0
6. Run project
7. Switch Scheduler to week view
8. Create and save test appointment on 8/17/2010, 9:00am-10:00am, repeats weekly on Tuesdays, no end date
9. In Scheduler, drag appointment on 8/17/2010 to a different timeslot, creating exception
10. Double click on appointment on 8/17/2010, and edit series
11. Click and confirm 'reset exceptions'
12. Click 'Save' in open appointment editor

At this point, the appointment on 8/17/2010 no longer shows up, though subsequent repeating occurrences are shown correctly.  By checking the xml data file at various steps, it appears that the appointment is being save correctly after step 11, but after step 12, the recurrence rule incorrectly shows an exception date.

after step 8
  <Appointment>
    <ID>49</ID>
    <Subject>test</Subject>
    <Start>2010-08-17T09:00Z</Start>
    <End>2010-08-17T10:00Z</End>
    <RecurrenceRule><![CDATA[DTSTART:20100817T090000Z
DTEND:20100817T100000Z
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=TU;WKST=
 
]]></RecurrenceRule>
  </Appointment>

after step 9
    <Appointment>
    <ID>49</ID>
    <Subject>test</Subject>
    <Start>2010-08-17T09:00Z</Start>
    <End>2010-08-17T10:00Z</End>
    <RecurrenceRule><![CDATA[DTSTART:20100817T090000Z
DTEND:20100817T100000Z
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=TU
EXDATE:20100817T090000Z
]]></RecurrenceRule>
  </Appointment>
  <Appointment>
    <ID>50</ID>
    <Subject>test</Subject>
    <Start>2010-08-17T10:00Z</Start>
    <End>2010-08-17T11:00Z</End>
    <RecurrenceParentID>49</RecurrenceParentID>
  </Appointment>

after step 11
    <Appointment>
    <ID>49</ID>
    <Subject>test</Subject>
    <Start>2010-08-17T09:00Z</Start>
    <End>2010-08-17T10:00Z</End>
    <RecurrenceRule><![CDATA[DTSTART:20100817T090000Z
DTEND:20100817T100000Z
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=TU
]]></RecurrenceRule>
  </Appointment>

after step 12
    <Appointment>
    <ID>49</ID>
    <Subject>test</Subject>
    <Start>2010-08-17T09:00Z</Start>
    <End>2010-08-17T10:00Z</End>
    <RecurrenceRule><![CDATA[DTSTART:20100817T090000Z
DTEND:20100817T100000Z
RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=TU
EXDATE:20100817T090000Z
]]></RecurrenceRule>
  </Appointment>


Is there a way to prevent this behavior?  I've tried a few things with some of the client side events, but haven't had much luck yet.

Thanks
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
257 views
Hi,

I am trying to code a RadGrid control in a web part but find the control is not consistent when developing via the designer vs developing programatically. One issue is the grid control paging. Even though all settings are configured correctly, the only way to show the paging control at the bottom of the grid was to set it to always show. I then discovered, that although the SharePoint list data is bound correctly and the data is visible, the paging control shows only "0 items in 1 pages". This is of course wrong, since I can see as many entries as the page holds (10 in the default case). I can also filter the values and see additional items, however, the page control still indicates 0 items in 1 page.

Here are the grid settings being loaded.

rgdIncidentList =

new Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid();

 

rgdIncidentList.Width =

Unit.Pixel(1070);

 

rgdIncidentList.GridLines =

GridLines.Vertical;

 

rgdIncidentList.ShowHeader =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.HorizontalAlign =

HorizontalAlign.Center;

 

rgdIncidentList.SelectedIndexChanged +=

new System.EventHandler(rgdIncidentList_SelectedIndexChanged);

 

pnlIncidentList =

new Panel();

 

pnlIncidentList.ID =

"pnlIncidentList";

 

pnlIncidentList.Controls.Add(rgdIncidentList);

CreateColumn(

"LinkTitle", 75, "MLE #", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Incident_x0020__x0023_", 70, "Incident #", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Location", 90, "Location", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Zone", 70, "Zone", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"On_x0020_Scene", 50, "On Scene", false, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Contact", 70, "Contact", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Action_x0020_Type", 70, "ActionType", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Action_x0020_Taken", 70, "Action Taken", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Additional_x0020_Action", 70, "Additional Action", true, true, true);

 

CreateColumn(

"Noise_x0020_Type", 10, "Noise Type", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Tickets_x0020_Issued", 10, "Tickets", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Action_x0020_By", 10, "Action By", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Officer", 10, "Officer", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Badge", 10, "Badge", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Contact_x0020_DOB", 10, "Contact DOB", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Owner", 10, "Owner", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Owner_x0020_Contact", 10, "Owner Contact", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Entered", 10, "Entered", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Comment", 10, "Comment", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Created_x0020_By", 10, "Created By", false, false, false);

 

CreateColumn(

"Modified_x0020_By", 10, "Modified By", false, false, false);

 

rgdIncidentList.AllowPaging =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.AllowCustomPaging =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.PagerStyle.Mode =

GridPagerMode.NextPrevAndNumeric;

 

rgdIncidentList.PagerStyle.PageButtonCount = 10;

rgdIncidentList.PagerStyle.ShowPagerText =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.PagerStyle.Visible =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.PageSize = 10;

rgdIncidentList.AllowFilteringByColumn =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

 

rgdIncidentList.AllowSorting =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.ClientSettings.AllowColumnsReorder =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.ClientSettings.Selecting.AllowRowSelect =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.ClientSettings.Scrolling.SaveScrollPosition =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

 

rgdIncidentList.MasterTableView.AllowCustomPaging =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.MasterTableView.AllowPaging =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.MasterTableView.AllowSorting =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.MasterTableView.AllowFilteringByColumn =

true;

 

rgdIncidentList.MasterTableView.AutoGenerateColumns =

false;

 

rgdIncidentList.PagerStyle.AlwaysVisible =

true;

 


I've attached two screenshots, one of the grid control created by the designer and displayed on an aspx page. The other is of the grid control created programatically and displayed as a web part in a SharePoint 2007 site. The data is ordered a bit differently in the two examples, but the information is queried from the same SharePoint list. The web page uses an SQL query and the data model is bound to the control. The web part performs dll calls from the SharePoint library to obtain the same list information, the data model of which is bound to the control.

What needs to be changed or added such that the paging works correctly for RadGrid within a web part?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Michael
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
3 answers
250 views
I am using RadEditor on our company Intranet for users to post News Announcments.  Is there a way to make a custom tool with a paper clip to attach a file to that current post.  I am worried that the document manager will be to complex for most of the users because the would have to figure out how to upload it and the insert that document.  I would like to have it where they clicked the paper clip and a dialog box came up to browse their computer and then they choose it and click attach. 

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
4 answers
101 views
Hai,

My 'default' skin has changed. Now the '+' is not there for the child nodes. Font size is too small to read. Other treeview skins are also not working.  I want the original 'default' skin. It was working properly. But I used your Visual Style Builder just for checking the skin creation and I tried to use it on my application. After that the built in skins of treeview has gone. How to recover it back. Plz help me.

Thanks & regards,
Regeesh
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
306 views
I have setup my page to load and save views. This works fine for the most part but when I reload a view where I've filtered on an integer column I get the error below. Note: the filter works  when you create it, it's just when it's reloaded from the db. Other saved views such as text matches work also after reloading so it appears to just be integer comparisons.

Is there an internal build that fixes this issue? I am scheduled to release on Wednesday and we just discovered this.


Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
   System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +9594283
   System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +119
   System.String.System.IConvertible.ToInt32(IFormatProvider provider) +46
   System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType, IFormatProvider provider) +385
   System.Convert.ChangeType(Object value, Type conversionType) +32
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilterNonGroupExpression.ParseValue(Object value) +186
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilterSingleValueExpression`1.Telerik.Web.UI.IRadFilterValueExpression.SetValues(ArrayList values) +68
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.FetchExpressionsValues(RadFilterGroupExpressionItem group) +273
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.HandleApplyCommand() +38
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.FireApplyCommand() +135
   vquality_vqualitytopics.rcbCustomViews_SelectedIndexChanged(Object o, RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs e) +130
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged() +192
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +26
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadDataBoundControl.System.Web.UI.IPostBackDataHandler.RaisePostDataChangedEvent() +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaiseChangedEvents() +134
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5201
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
3 answers
254 views
Hi, I have a requirement that one column, if a link appears, it be red and bold.  I am using a skin, and it will not allow my class to shine through (color is getting overrriden by the skin)  My CSS file has a "redlink: in it as below, and it is being used as the itemstyle-cssclass, but it is keeping the skin color.  I am aware I could set overall link colors, but the appearance of any values in these columns is a special case, and therefore the customer wants it red.  Can anyone help please?

Thanks

from css:
.redlink

{
    color: red !important;
    font-weight: bold !important;;
}

what the column def is:
<telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn HeaderText="Notes" SortExpression="noteCount" DataTextField="noteCount" ItemStyle-CssClass="redlink" DataTextFormatString="{0:#;;}"
    DataNavigateUrlFields="Claim Number" Target="_blank"
    DataNavigateUrlFormatString="ClaimNoteDisplay.aspx?cid={0}" UniqueName="ClaimNotes">
</telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>

how it renders
<td class="redlink"><a href="ClaimNoteDisplay.aspx?cid=78952" target="_blank"></a> </td>
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
130 views
Hi,
I'm not able to show menu item copying simple example from telerik radtoolbar. I can see only first-level menu but no dropdown menu. What missing in this code?
Thanks and regards,
Marco

<%@ Page Language="C#" CodeBehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="true" Inherits="Ultra.Net.Web.Forms.WebForm1" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
</head>
<body class="BODY">
    <form runat="server" id="mainForm" method="post">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager" runat="server" />
    
             
            <telerik:RadToolBar ID="RadToolBar1" runat="server">
                <Items>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Save" />
                    <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Load" />
                    <telerik:RadToolBarDropDown Text="Format">
                        <Buttons>
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Bold" CheckOnClick="true" Group="FormatBold" Checked="true" />
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Italic" CheckOnClick="true" Group="FormatItalic" />
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Underline" CheckOnClick="true" Group="FormatUnderline" />
                        </Buttons>
                    </telerik:RadToolBarDropDown>
                    <telerik:RadToolBarSplitButton Text="Apply Color (Red)" EnableDefaultButton="false">
                        <Buttons>
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Red" CheckOnClick="true" Group="ApplyColor" Checked="true" />
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Blue" CheckOnClick="true" Group="ApplyColor" />
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Yellow" CheckOnClick="true" Group="ApplyColor" />
                        </Buttons>
                    </telerik:RadToolBarSplitButton>
                </Items>
            </telerik:RadToolBar>
         
         
    </form>
</body>
</html>
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?