Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
213 views
Hi:

How can I reload the radpane content serverside?

I have this
<telerik:RadPane ID="sp1Restricted01" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="100%" ContentUrl="ePageBase01.aspx?a=1"> 
            </telerik:RadPane> 
        </telerik:RadSplitter> 

Using a combobox I load the content of the RadPane with:

ePageBase01.aspx?a=2
ePageBase01.aspx?a=3

Does it exist a form I can reload the RadPane content serverside, so I can reload the same content. So If I have ePageBase01.aspx?a=2 in the contenturl value, I need to reload the same value of contenturl, ePageBase01.aspx?a=2
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
112 views
Just a quick question - when the user clicks the expand button on a row, what event can I use to replace a foreign numeric key from the database used by the grid with a value drawn from a different database (hence I cannot simply do a join)?

Note that I have tried the Item command event - but at that point the data in the nested view is not yet bound - so the foreign key is not there yet... if it is just the ItemDataBound event - then how do I differentiate its data binding from the data binding of all the other elements of the grid?

Thanks
Chris
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
112 views
Is there a way to disable the behavior of restoring the scroll position on the completion of an Ajax call?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
3 answers
371 views
Hello,

I am working on RadGrid. I need help regarding insert new row in a Rad grid.
I know how to insert a new row in rad grid.but I don't want like this. When i press 'add new row' button it just open new dialog inside grid.
Basically i want to insert inline row instead of dialog for entering data. Please guide me how can i enter data in new row using inline.

I hope you understand my question. I don't want to open any dialog. I just want to use radgrid same lik Microsoft excel for entering data.


Regards
Mohsin JK 
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
82 views
Hello

I am using RadGrid in my application to insert and updated a record. I am using Master page in my application.

depending upon the querystring i an setting the mode of RadGrid. for example if i get a querystring i am setting the RadGrid in edit mode if not then in insert mode.

If it is in Insert mode and once the record is inserted, I will show a RAD alert message to user and then it will change it into edit mode for the inserted record.

If i try to change any data again and save the record back it gives an error "Object undefined”. I debugged this bug and found the cause for this problem.

It looks like after the post back the ID's of controls are getting changed and the javascript in WebResource.axd still referring with old IDS.WebResource.axd and JavaScript are not getting updated with the new IDs

For example, before Insert JavaScript trying to get the object using J-Query with the object ID as

 “ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadGridAccManageMain_ctl00_ctl02_ctl01_txtBoxCompanyName”

 

But after the Insert the client ID got changed to

 

“ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_RadGridAccManageMain_ctl00_ctl05_txtBoxCompanyName”

 

But the generated JavaScript in “WebResource.axd” still referring the object with old ID and it is causing JavaScript undefined error.

How do I resolve this issue?

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
149 views
I've seen this topic raised a couple times in various ways but the solution never seems to relate to what I'm doing. I have a simple master page and content pages.  The menu is in the master page.  The OnItemCreated event is registered and there is a handler in the master page code behind.  The event doesn't fire.  The overall goal is to have the menu on the master page drive the pages that get loaded for content, as well as having some of the pages determine which menu options are available depending on login status and other factors.

I want ItemCreated to fire because I have NavigateURL set in the markup and want to use the technique of moving those properties into Attributes (at ItemCreated time) so that other events fire and I can manage what happens at runtime.  Is there a better place to do this?  Note that I'm not binding to a data source for the menu data - everything is hardcoded for now.

(Blowing some steam here)

Why can't controls just fire and properties just hold data?  Why is it that "this event doesn't fire when that property is set" or "that event doesn't fire when the control is on this kind of page" or "move the property to an attribute if you want it to do this"?  Clients are asking me why it takes a couple hours to just get something to click on a page when to them "it's just a button".  It's because every control I touch has its own personality, its own set of undocumented rules, its own forums to search through.  This is exactly why anti-Microsoft antagonists say ASP.NET takes hours to write something that takes minutes elsewhere.  My response to that is to simply look at the functionality you don't get outside of ASP.NET, and to look at all of the scripting and CSS and code you need to write, even with jQuery or similar libraries, just to get close what's built-in to ASP.NET and Telerik controls.  After all of the chest-thumping on both sides, the net result is still that we have to go through contortions just to make simple things happen on a screen.

It would be great to see documentation on why things don't work with these controls, as well as how to make them work - an organized collection of the answers we see in these forums every day.  That would save hours of research every week, if not every day.

OK, I'm done.  Thank you for your indulgence.  ;)
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
258 views
I have a button inside another radpane that is calling server side onclick code to change the contenturl of another url.  When I click the button the radpane getting changed does not get updated with the new webpage.   The button is inside a ajaxpane.  Any help to get the contenturl to work is appreciated.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
162 views
Dear Support,

I am using the sample of the DBContentProvider to  make my application using FileExplorer.
Only difference being that i am not saving the content of the file uploaded in the Database, I am using the FileSystem of the server to store the file physically.

My approach is:

1. I have kept a folder on the server file system (E.g. "C:\ClientFiles"). And i save all the uploaded file in that folder only just by changing the name of the File. The new name is the combination of the ID attribute of the File on the Database and its extension. E.g. If client is uploading an "Folder A\Folder Child\Apple.jpg" file, then i save it as "1.jpg" in the "C:\ClientFiles" folder. If client is uploading an "Folder B\Folder Child\Orange.jpg" file, then i save it as "2.jpg" in the "C:\ClientFiles" folder which is on the FileSystem in the server.

Note: I am storing the Path of the File("C:\ClientFiles\1.jpg","C:\ClientFiles\2.jpg") and thier names ("Orange.jpg", "Apple.jpg") in the Database against their IDs.

2.Now i have tried lots of things trying to show the preview of the file or download the file, but am not succeeding it. I know i need to make changes in the DBContentProvider class. Can you please tell me which all methods in the DBContentProvider class do i need to override to make it work.A sample would be great.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
11 answers
710 views
Is there a straightforward way to return custom attibute fields when using a custom Scheduler Provider? We've written a provider that leverages an existing data architecture but we also need to take advantage of custom attributes. The provider architecture seems to use only Appointment objects and there doesn't seem to be any way to add arbitrary information to that object.

These two approaches may not be intended to be used together, but I thought I would check before abandoning this approach for another . . .

Thanks in advance!
brian
Divya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
50 views
On a custom toolbar button click I would like to insert a start html tag at begining of  selected content and and an close tag at the end of the selection.

There is a help on inserting HTML tag at the beginning of the selection, the problem is inserted the close tag at the end of the selection

for example a user selcts some text in content area;
Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.CommandList["MyTestButton"] = function(commandName, editor, args)
{
   editor.pasteHtml(
'<TagBegin>');

       /*some way to find end of selection ???*/

   editor.pastHtml('<TagEnd>');
 
};

Thanks in advanced
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?