Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
140 views
Hi, 

I have noticed that the RadScheduler fails to render all the dates in the column header in Chrome using timelineview mode. I have only tried with swedish culture standards.

It can be achieved by either:
1. Setting the TimelineView-ColumnHeaderDateFormat to "yyyy-MM-dd".
2. Settings the RadSchedulers Culture to sv-SE.

It works perfectly using american culture or date format.

Is this a known bug or is there any workaround?

Best regards,
Daniel
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
309 views
Hello,

I'm trying to make use of the NeedDataSource event in order to bind the grid to a datasource that may cause a page timeout.  The data collection process is pretty hefty, and I need to be able to load everything on the page without having to wait for the grid to collect its data.  The html looks like this:

<

 

 

telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" runat="server" >

 

<

 

 

asp:Image id="imgLoading" runat="server" ></asp:Image>

 

</

 

 

telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

 

<

 

 

telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">

 

<

telerik:RadGrid ID="CWGrid" runat="server" Width="100%" OnNeedDataSource="CWGrid_NeedDataSource" >

 

</

 

 

telerik:RadGrid>

 

</

 

 

telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

 



And in the Need Data Source:

public

 

 

void CWGrid_NeedDataSource(object source, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)

 

{

 

 

DataSet objSD = SetData();

 

 

 

if (objDS.Tables.Count > 0)

 

CWGrid.DataSource = objDS;

}



SetData() is where the data collection occurs, and sometimes causes a page timeout.   Please let me know what I'm missing.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
7 answers
200 views
Hi Telerik,

i am having problem to findcontrol in the itemTemplate. is there anyway i can call the label in the itemTemplate ? i am using visual studio 2008 with vb.net

Best Regards,
ER AN
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
44 views
Hi,
    I have basic rad grid set up with exporting option, but the number of columns in rad grid is more than 100. I cannot export all the columns and its data but just few. Help me
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
165 views
Hello,

If I have a radtabstrip attached to a radmultipage by setting multipageid, by default does the tabs attach to the page view at the same index, or do I have to explicitly set PageViewID?

If not defaulting by index, I would like to submit that as a control enhancement, that the pageview at index 0 be automatically linked to the tab at index 0, and so on.

Thanks.
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
2 answers
153 views
Hello,

I used a RadRotator for a images gallery, with the "RotatorType=ButtonsOver", but after a few itens the images start to go off the area.
In the demos could also replicate the problem (attach the capture to check the issue).
Is there any solution or work around to solve this?

Thanks,
Joaquim Oliveira
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
116 views
Hi All,

I need to access the current value of a Server Side variable (stored as a ViewState var) from a Java Script.
easy enough...eg

 

 

var i == <%= OGridItem_ItemIndex %>

but, If I set the value in Server code, and on Client Side try to Access it, I get it's previous (initial value) , not it's new current value??
 I have RadAjax Manager and grid on page and all ajaxified ControlId's and UpdatedControls in it. And that Server set Viewstate Var is not nor seems to be able to be.
Script and Grid are wrapped in RadCodeBlocks.

If I try it a few times, it always returns the Previous not current value.
The current Value is set in C#  after a straightforward    __DoPOstback(Arg_Source, EventArgs). The rest of the Controls on the page are set for Ajax postbacks as per the RadAjaxManager.

How do I retrieve the current value of this ViewState Var when in JS??

Thx
Neal

 

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
229 views
Hi guys,
I am very new to Telerik Products. I am having few issues with adding images dynamically to treeview nodes .Do you guys know any example which I can refer? Thanks.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
4 answers
174 views
My requirement is that if a parent node is checked, all the children must be checked. We like the tristate checkbox functionality. So, what we'd like is when the parent is checked, the childnodes are disabled so that they may not be unchecked. This causes a problem with expanding and collapsing, but I've seen that there is a workaround for that. My problem comes with unchecking the parent. It unchecks and then comes right back again. There is also a problem with enabling nodes again once disabled, i.e. if the node is being unchecked due to CheckChildNodes property, the NodeCheck event is not fired and it never gets enabled again.
      
              <telerik:RadTreeView ID="rtvVendor" runat="server" CheckBoxes="True"CheckChildNodes="True" 
                            Skin="Outlook" TriStateCheckBoxes="true" Width="500px"Height="400px" BorderStyle="Solid"
                            BorderColor="#4888A2" BorderWidth="1px"
                            OnNodeCheck="rtvVendor_NodeCheck"
                            ><%-- OnNodeDataBound="rtvVendor_NodeDataBound">--%>
                        </telerik:RadTreeView>

    #region TreeVendor
        private void BindToDataTable(RadTreeView treeView)
        {
            char[] separator = new char[] { ':' };
            string[] strSplitArr = rcbAssociate.SelectedValue.Split(separator);
            string FullAssocID = strSplitArr[0];
  
            SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["SpecialistMappingConnectionString"].ConnectionString);
            SqlCommand sqlCmd = new SqlCommand("uspSpecialistMapping_LoadFOBTree3", connection);
            SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter();
            sqlCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
  
            sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@FullAssocID", FullAssocID);
            sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@PDiv", rcbPDiv.SelectedValue);
  
            DataTable dataTable = new DataTable();
            adapter.SelectCommand = sqlCmd;
            adapter.Fill(dataTable);
  
            //Added by RB 5/24/2010 
            RadTreeNodeBinding binding = new RadTreeNodeBinding();
            binding.CheckedField = "IsChecked";
            treeView.DataBindings.Add(binding);
  
            binding = new RadTreeNodeBinding();
            binding.ExpandedField = "IsChecked";
            treeView.DataBindings.Add(binding);
  
            treeView.DataTextField = "FOBName";
            treeView.DataFieldID = "FOBID";
            treeView.DataValueField = "FOBID";
            treeView.DataFieldParentID = "ParentID";
            treeView.DataSource = dataTable;
            treeView.DataBind();
        }
  
  
    #endregion
  
  
    #region SaveValues
        protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!rcbPDiv.SelectedValue.Equals("") && !rcbAssociate.SelectedValue.Equals(""))
            {
                char[] separator = new char[] { ':' };
                string[] strSplitArr = rcbAssociate.SelectedValue.Split(separator);
                string FullAssocID = strSplitArr[0];
  
                //Delete old cheched Vendors.
                using (SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["SpecialistMappingConnectionString"].ConnectionString))
                {
                    SqlCommand sqlCmd = new SqlCommand("uspSpecialistMapping_DeleteVendor", connection);
  
                    sqlCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
                    sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@FullAssocID", FullAssocID);
                    sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@PDiv", rcbPDiv.SelectedValue);
                    try
                    {
                        connection.Open();
                        sqlCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
                    }
                    catch (SqlException sqlEx)
                    {
                        throw;
                    }
                }
  
                ShowCheckedNodes(rtvVendor, nodesClientside, FullAssocID);
  
            }
        }
  
        private void ShowCheckedNodes(RadTreeView treeView, Label label, string FullAssocID)
        {
            string message = string.Empty;
            int count = 0;
            IList<RadTreeNode> nodeCollection = treeView.CheckedNodes;
            foreach (RadTreeNode node in nodeCollection)
            {
                if (node.CheckState.ToString().Equals("Checked"))
                {
                    string tmp = node.Value;
                    if (tmp.IndexOf("3", 0, 1) != -1)
                    {
                        string strDeptID = tmp.Substring(1, 4);
                        string strVendorID = tmp.Substring(5, 4);
  
                        using (SqlConnection connection = new SqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["SpecialistMappingConnectionString"].ConnectionString))
                        {
                            SqlCommand sqlCmd = new SqlCommand("uspSpecialistMapping_InsertVendor", connection);
  
                            sqlCmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure;
                            sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@FullAssocID", FullAssocID);
                            sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Dept", strDeptID);
                            sqlCmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("@Vendor", strVendorID);
                            try
                            {
                                connection.Open();
                                count += sqlCmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
                            }
                            catch (SqlException sqlEx)
                            {
                                throw;
                            }
                        }
  
                        message += node.Value + "[" + node.FullPath + "]" + "<br/>";
                    }
                }
            }
            if (count > 0)
            {
                string script = "alert('Changes saved successfully!')";
                RadScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this, this.GetType(), Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), script, true);
            }
        }
    #endregion
  
      
    protected void rtvVendor_NodeCheck(object sender, RadTreeNodeEventArgs e)
    {
        rtvVendor.TriStateCheckBoxes = false;
  
        if (e.Node.Checked)
            e.Node.CheckChildNodes();
        else
            e.Node.UncheckChildNodes();
        for (int i = 0; i < e.Node.Nodes.Count; i++)
            e.Node.Nodes[i].Enabled = !e.Node.Checked;
        rtvVendor.TriStateCheckBoxes = true;
    }
  
  
  
  

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
95 views
I'm using RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2009 SP1. I try to use javascript to call some funtion in RadEditor. But some funtion not work.Here my code
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    function Execute(command, args) {
        var o = new Object();
        o.get_value = function() { return args; }
        o.get_commandName = function() { return command; }
        $find("txtText").fire(command, o);
        alert(args);
    }
</script>
                    <select size="1" name="cboFont"  onchange="return Execute('FontName',this.value)" >
                        <option value="Arial">Arial</option>
                        <option value="Time New Roman">Time New Roman</option>
                    </select>
                    <select size="1" name="cboSize" onchange="return Execute('RealFontSize',this.value)">
                        <option value="15">15</option>
                        <option value="18">18</option>
                        <option value="20">20</option>
                    </select>
RealFontSize command work but FontName command not work. Please help me. Thank!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?