Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
88 views

Hello

I am using MultiDayView to show 8 days interval. It works well for appointments that start and end in a single day, but if I am trying to increase appointment's end using mouse so that it should go to a next day's - the scheduler does not allow me to do that.

In fact, I can make such multiple days appointments, but only using the advanced form to set the end date manually.

Questions:

1) How to allow proper resizing that covers several days?

2) How to make an appointment to be displayed as "solid" block ? I mean like an ordinary appointment and not splitted up on pieces with arrows (look at the attached example)

2.1) An additional problem with that "splitted up" appointment is that when I want to drag it to other place, it drags only a part of that appointment. Very confusing...

I hope you understand my problem

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
171 views
Is there a way to have scrolling for GridTableView?

I have a grid that has a details sectionand the content of the details is much more then the MasterTableView and it would be great if the  when the details is expended the width of the details wasn't larger than the grid and just have scrolling available.

At the moment the content simply is whatever the width is and you have to scroll the page to see the content.

Thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
110 views
I am building a site with a radGrid that has a popup edit form in a radWindow.  When the window closes its supposed to ajax reload the parent grid.  We implemented this using the examples from the demo area of this site, however, we are now getting this error:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [nsIDOMJSWindow.setTimeout]"  nsresult: "0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED)"  location: "JS frame :: http://localhost:3650/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RadScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d3.5.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a0d787d5c-3903-4814-ad72-296cea810318%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%3aen-US%3a7302be66-e7a1-4bc1-8280-71f03d66eba0%3a16e4e7cd%3af7645509%3a22a6274a%3a86526ba7%3a874f8ea2%3ab7778d6c%3a24ee1bba%3a1e771326%3aaa288e2d%3a8674cba1%3ac08e9f8a%3a59462f1%3aa51ee93e%3ae085fe68 :: anonymous :: line 6"  data: no]

We have several pages that need to operate this way, but I need help discerning what this error is about.  Thank you.
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
307 views
Hi all,

I am currently building a gannt chart, which is currently reading data from a database called title to place into the 'datalabels' column. This works, however rather than showing the labels on the graph I want to show them when the user hovers over the data item. How can this be achieved?

regards,

Ash
Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
3 answers
325 views
Hi

Is it possible to bind the radrotator to a image libraray we have created in sitefinity.  How do you set the datasource property within sitefinty to point to the library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Georgi
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
173 views
We have an aspx page that has two RadGrids and a Rad Panel.  The RadGrids contain lists of users which can be moved back and forth by double clicking.  The Rad Panel contains information about the users.  This information is populated using the OnSelectedIndexChanged event.  In order to get the user information to display and update in the panel, the EnablePostBackOnRowClick event is set to true.  The information in the panel is always updated correctly; however, the users in the grids do not always move when they are double clicked.

It looks like the Post Back is occurring before the double click.  If we remove the EnablePostBackOnRowClick and remove the OnSelectedIndexChanged events, the users move every time they are double clicked... however the information at the bottom has been removed.  This was working until recently as implemented.  Is it possible this was changed in a patch?  If not, how can I implement this so the users are always moved when they are double clicked?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
1 answer
83 views
I copied some content from a word doc into RadEditor control, why these content has different appearence between Edit mode and Display mode?
 
is it beacuse inheriting style from parents in Display mode? is there any properties that allow me to disconnect this inheritance?
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
4 answers
133 views

I Placed three Radcombo Box in Grid View  and also binded  more than 2000 records to combo box.
after that i click Edit Button in grid view its show Edit template when i selected the combobox item it's hanging...
nanthakumar thangavel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
2 answers
568 views

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating some RAD controls from Telerik, just right now I'm experimenting with the RadGrid.

So I have my grid control and enabled client-side binding for having Ajax support. I created an appropriate WCF webservice for fetching the data etc. Everything works really good, including paging etc. Now I wanted to have a button column for deleting some items. I registered the OnItemCommand event of the grid and implemented it accordingly on the server-side. My ASPx code looks like this:

<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="RadGrid1" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True"
    AutoGenerateColumns="False" GridLines="None"
    OnItemCommand="RadGrid1_ItemCommand">
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="Id" ClientDataKeyNames="Id">
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Firstname" HeaderText="Firstname" DataType="System.String">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Lastname" HeaderText="Lastname" DataType="System.String">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Age" HeaderText="Age" DataType="System.Int32">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn"
                ButtonType="ImageButton">
            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
        </Columns>
        <PagerStyle Mode="Slider" />
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings>
        <DataBinding SelectMethod="GetSampleData" Location="Webservice/GridData.svc" SortParameterType="String">
        </DataBinding>
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>

However when clicking on the appropriate button on a grid row the event isn't fired, basically no postback to the server is being done. A solution I found is to add the "EnablePostBackOnRowClick=true" to the ClientSettings, but this would cause a postback on each click on a row, which is not really desired.

Is there a better way to realizing this or does anybody have a hint what could be the problem??

nanthakumar thangavel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
2 answers
577 views

My grid is showing a column that appears to be the row indicator column. I do not want a row indicator column. I have tried setting many attributes to turn it off. I can only assume that it's the row indicator column. I am not adding a column ahead of the edit column. How can I get the first column removed? See my aspx code below:

        <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGridSignedSessions" Skin="Office2007" runat="server" Width="100%" 
          Height="100%" AutoGenerateColumns="False" PageSize="25" AllowSorting="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="False" 
          AllowPaging="True" GridLines="None" OnNeedDataSource="RadGridSignedSessions_NeedDataSource" 
          Style="border: 0; outline: none" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" AllowAutomaticInserts="True" 
          AllowAutomaticUpdates="True" EnableAJAX="True">  
          <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric"></PagerStyle> 
          <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="ID" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" CommandItemDisplay="TopAndBottom" AutoGenerateColumns="False" RowIndicatorColumn-Visible="false">  
            <Columns> 
              <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn" HeaderStyle-Width="30px">  
              </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
              <telerik:GridBoundColumn Visible="false" DataField="ID" UniqueName="ID">  
              </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
              <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="TherapistName" HeaderText="Therapist/Teacher" 
                DataField="TherapistName" UniqueName="TherapistName">  
              </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
              <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="PatientName" HeaderText="Participant/Patient" 
                DataField="PatientName" UniqueName="PatientName">  
              </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
              <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="WorkStartTime" HeaderText="Service Date" 
                DataField="WorkStartTimeLocal" UniqueName="WorkStartTime">  
              </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
              <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="HoursWorked" HeaderText="Hours Worked" DataField="HoursWorked" 
                UniqueName="HoursWorked">  
              </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
              <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn SortExpression="GuardianUnavailableToSign" HeaderText="Guardian/Supervisor Didn't Sign" 
                DataField="GuardianUnavailableToSign" UniqueName="GuardianUnavailableToSign">  
              </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
              <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn SortExpression="SessionApproved" HeaderText="Approved" 
                DataField="SessionApproved" UniqueName="SessionApproved">  
              </telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn> 
              <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this record?" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow" 
                ConfirmTitle="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" 
                UniqueName="DeleteColumn" HeaderStyle-Width="30px" > 
              </telerik:GridButtonColumn> 
            </Columns> 
          </MasterTableView> 
          <ClientSettings ReorderColumnsOnClient="True" AllowDragToGroup="false" AllowColumnsReorder="True" 
            EnablePostBackOnRowClick="True">  
            <Resizing AllowRowResize="True" AllowColumnResize="True"></Resizing> 
            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" /> 
            <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" /> 
            <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="SignedSessionsGridCreated" /> 
          </ClientSettings> 
        </telerik:RadGrid> 
JC
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Aug 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?