Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
96 views
I have a hierarchial grid where I display three detail tables for each parent record.
There is an expandCollapse column on the row of each parent record that the user can click on to display all three child tables.
I would like to know if I can JUST display the header names of each child table when a parent record is expanded. And each detail table header row will have an expandCollapse column to display the data.

INSTEAD OF THIS:
+  PARENT
        detail table header row
                details
        detail table header row
                details
        detail table header row
                details

I WANT THIS:
+  PARENT
        - detail table header row
        - detail table header row
        - detail table header row
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
116 views
The combobox within a radajaxpanel on postback always scrolls the page to the top - .net framework 4.0, visual studio 2010 - telerik version - 2010.2.713.40
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
242 views
I am using the RadUpload control with my ASP.Net form and I have it configured to insert the uploaded files to a SQL database.  This is working perfectly, but the issue is that it also saves the file(s) into the root directory of my application.  Nowhere in my code project does TargetFolder get set....  so my question is, how can I make it stop saving the file to my app directory?  Thanks.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
157 views
Hi all!

My website font is XX-SMALL. So the text is smaller than the paging button size?
Is there any ways to edit the paging button size?

Thanks!
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
3 answers
94 views
I can't find this error that only appears in Chrome with flash.

Any thoughts or comments

View in FF or IE or
http://petebennett.net/services/barter/default.aspx

Then try Opera or Chrome , the menu appears under the Youtube and in a few case under flash objects.


Any suggestions would be helpful.

Pete

Marc
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
111 views
I am trying to create a form which includes mutiple upload areas besides other input areas (combobox textbox, etc)

When working on localhost everything is fine but when I upload my work on a hosted environment something very strange happens.

I fill my form and select some files to upload and when I submit I am redirected to a page with weird characters:

Here is the screenshot.

Any ideas?
Kadir Kilicoglu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
78 views
Hello,

I have a RadGrid that I'm attempting to use in form editing on. I'm currently using the following GridTemplateColumn. The problem is that what I really need is an InsertItemTemplate like what asp:DetailsView has. This is because I want the Status field to be editable in a RadComboBox on insert, but, non-editable and displayed in a label on edit. Does anyone know if this is possible in RadGrid? I'm assuming that I'll probably have to handle an event and adjust the visibility of fields based on whether it's in insert or edit mode? The problem is that I don't know what event I should use to do this and I also don't know how to lookup the control. I'm assuming I'll probably have to use FindControl() and maybe use the RowIndex to find the proper row in the grid or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 

 

 

<asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Status" SortExpression="Status">
                    <EditItemTemplate>
                        <asp:DropDownList ID="DropDownList1" runat="server" SelectedValue='<%# Bind("Status") %>'>
                            <asp:ListItem Text="" Value=""></asp:ListItem>
                            <asp:ListItem Text="Assigned" Value="Assigned"></asp:ListItem>
                            <asp:ListItem Text="Lost" Value="Lost"></asp:ListItem>
                            <asp:ListItem Text="Returned" Value="Returned"></asp:ListItem>
                        </asp:DropDownList>
                        <%--<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Status") %>'></asp:TextBox>--%>
                    </EditItemTemplate>
                    <InsertItemTemplate>
                        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Status") %>'></asp:TextBox>
                    </InsertItemTemplate>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Status") %>'></asp:Label>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                </asp:TemplateField>

Jon

Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
93 views
Hello,

I am building  toolbar and adding toolbar buttons at runtime.  My toolbar is created in the Page_Init and the buttons are added in Page_Load.  I have an event handler that handles events when any of the buttons in the toolbar are clicked.  Everything works but I would very much like to be able to set the appearance of the toolbar buttons when they are clicked to match how they look when a mouseover occurs.  Basically, I need an indication to the user that the item is clicked.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  I have checked the support area and I did not see documentation for what I would think would be a commonly requested item.

Thanks,
Bob
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
132 views
Hi,
I am using  telerik:RadDatePicker to open up a calander for the user and accept the date.

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="RadDatePicker_from_date" runat="server" DateInput-ReadOnly=true AutoPostBack="false">
         <DateInput DateFormat="dd/mm/yyyy"></DateInput>
</telerik:RadDatePicker>   

Am trying to get the date in   09/11/2010 format  ( mm/dd/yyyy) , but it always come up with time like  '09/11/2010  11:00 AM'

Am trying to fix this, but couldnot find solution. Please help.

Thanks,
Mani
Manikandan Balasubramaniyan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
5 answers
145 views
Summary: How do I get the RadContextMenu to function in an RTL manner when generating it from code?

I have seen many references on the forums regarding creating a RadMenu (RadContextMenu) by adding dir='rtl' to the <RadContextMenu> tab in your .aspx page.

I assume that is how the control knows how to output the proper CSS classes, i.e:
<div id="RadMenu1" class="RadMenu RadMenu_Vista RadMenu_rtl RadMenu_Vista_rtl" dir="rtl">
My ContextMenu is being generated in code via something like:
contextMenu = new RadContextMenu { EnableOverlay = true, ClickToOpen = true };

I have tried using code like the following, but the '_rtl' CSS classes are not output:
contextMenu.Attributes.Add("dir", "rtl");

What is the proper way to do this?

Thank you,
Kevin
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?