Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
105 views
I get the error webresource was not loaded because its MIME type application/x-javascript is not text/css.

This occurs when my telerik appsetttings are:
 
<add key="Telerik.ScriptManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled"/>
<add key="Telerik.StyleSheetManager.TelerikCdn" value="Disabled"/>
<add key="Telerik.Skin" value="WebBlue"/>
<add key="Telerik.EnableEmbeddedSkins" value="false" />
<add key="Telerik.EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet" value="true" />

We only want to use the embeded base stylesheets.

I have a folder called skins where I've copied the WebBlue skins from my telerik installation folder. I set the skin of the RadFilter to WebBlue.  

When then add an expression the CSS for the dropdown of Items or filter types isn't visible.
You can see in the advanced filter under item in the attached image.

Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have a Zip of a sample project if anyone would like it.

Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
6 answers
238 views
Hi, I wonder why a RadPanel set up like this disallow the expand/collapse behavior (1 level)

<telerik:RadPanelBar runat="server"
    ExpandMode="SingleExpandedItem"> 
    <Items>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem Text="TEST1">
            <ItemTemplate>
                TEST1
            </ItemTemplate>                   
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>
        <telerik:RadPanelItem  Text="TEST2">
            <ItemTemplate>
                TEST2
            </ItemTemplate>
        </telerik:RadPanelItem>               
    </Items>
</telerik:RadPanelBar>

I'm binding a object list to a RadPanel but there is no hierarchy on the data, (no parent child, all items on the same level), despite this, I'd need to have each item on a collapsible item. I'm using databinding.

Is it possible?

Thanks!
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
68 views
Hi all!

I upgrade my Telerik from 2.0 to the newest version. And there's something wrong with my paging.
Please download the file for problem detail!

Thanks!
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
96 views
In  Rad Calendar I press navigation button then it work only one time
when i press navigation button second time it not work
It proublem generate when Auto Postback=True
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
2 answers
104 views
I am having an issue with getting my ExportToExcel() to work on a RadGrid that has filtering enabled.  If I set the ExportOnlyData = false, then it will export but puts the filter links at the top of my spreadsheet which I don't want.  If I set it to true then exporting throws a server error "Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox'".  If I turn filtering off my export works the way I want it with ExportOnlyData = false.

Thanks,
Josh Coffield
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
91 views
Hi telerik team,

     Doubt about showing tool tip in telerik column.

       For both Master and Child tables.

Please find screen shot which is attached.

Regards,
Rajesh Kumar
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
94 views
Right now the main "mega" menu on http://www.ricelake.com/ is being driven by CSS. I want to change it to a Telerik control that offers a slight delay before dropping down. Which control should I use to rebuild this menu, with a delay? I don't think a RadMenu is going to work in my case, so I'm wondering if there is some sort of panel control?


Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
446 views
Hi,
As per my requirement, Interval of TimeView of DateTimePicker needs to be 5 minutes. When i set Interval as "0:05:00", time popup displaying correctly but it was not at all appealing good. I want to display time as explained below.
TimePicker should be displayed hour time like 10:00 AM,11:00 AM,12:00 PM,1:00 PM etc, on mouse over of any time period (say 10:00 AM), another popup (say context menu) should display minuters starting from 00,05,10..... to 55.
Please help me to achive this requirement. Thanks for any help.
Thanks,
Sumanth
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
89 views

We're creating an application that is similar to the webmail demo

http://demos.telerik.com/webmail/

When the user clicks on tree folders, there is a webservice that is called that will update the upper right side frame.

The problem is: The user might change their mind and click on a several different folder before the first request is loaded.   Thus resulting in the webservice calls being stacked up.

If we were developing a Win32 forms application we would just execute this code


Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor; 


Before running the webservice, and clear it when the results are returned.

http://www.csharp-examples.net/hourglass-wait-cursor/

Question 1: Is there a built-in way to accomplish this functionality with telerik AJAX controls?

If not:

There are several ways to accomplish this in javascript

This method  http://www.webcodingtech.com/javascript/change-cursor.php 
Simply changes the cursor style to wait.

This method http://raventools.com/blog/2911/create-a-modal-dialog-using-css-and-javascript
Places a layer over the entire screen and sets its z-index: to a large number. This has the effect of eating up all of the clicks before the underlying controls can get them.

Question 2: What is the best way to build a custom javascript solution that works best with telerik?


Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
87 views

Our application uses a telerik ajax tab strip.    It has three tabs, known as section1,section2 and section3.  Since the tab strip is ajax based the state of it, is not known on the server.

At any point, the user can choose to bookmark the page.   When the user loads that bookmarked page, they expect to return to a screen with the tab showing the same tab "selection" as when the bookmark occurred.

Question 1: is there any built capability in telerik to accomplish this?

One way to accomplish this is to use HTML anchors.  

Each time the user click on a different tab we can execute custom javascript to change the page's url to contain this anchor. So when the user clicks on the tab named "section2" we change the url from

http://localhost/page.aspx

to this.

http://localhost/page.aspx#tab=section2

Now, when we change the pages url, the browser does not submit the page for a reload.  This is because, i believe,  the anchor is entirely processed on the client side.  The server never even sees anything after the # in the request..  The browser must strip our everything after the # when it passes the URL to the server.

To be specific, as far as the server is concerned these urls all point to the same location

http://localhost/page.aspx
http://localhost/page.aspx#tab=section1
http://localhost/page.aspx#tab=section2

and therefore the browser does not need to resubmit the url when the client side javascript changes the anchor. 

So far, that nuanced behavior is working in our favor.  The problem is: when the page is reloaded from the bookmark.  Now its the client side code responsibility to switch from the first tab which is section1 to section2 which is in the bookmark.

Question 2: Are all of my assumptions correct?  Are anchors always ignored by the browser?  Does this work reliably across all browser?

Question 3:  Is there a better way to accomplish the same thing without using anchors?

Question 4: If it were just a single tab it would be simple, but there are actually more components involved.   Are there any tools that can help us update all of the controls based on the contents of the anchor line?





 

Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?