Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
155 views
I'm trying to do a dynamic search with the textbox...but it's really tanking with

  1. backspace, always a letter behind
  2. paste: so if I type 'ste' into the box, copy and paste it, the value is stev (ctrl-v for paste)

I need live text to be passed into the service

This is what I'm doing, but again, epic fail :)
$('#directorywidgetClientState').attr('value', sender.get_textBoxValue() + args.get_keyCharacter());
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
2 answers
110 views
Hi guys,

Has anyone encountered and solved this problem. BTW. i'm migrating an old asp.net 2.0 website to vs2010/ .net4.0. Whenever I open a window without parameters they open fine. such as openGoogleWin(). but when i use a function with parameters such as openYahooWin('www.yahoo.com') i get an 'undefined' is null or not an object error.

my javascript code is as follows:
function openYahooWin(url)
{
var oWindow = window.radopen ("", null);
 

    
     oWindow.SetUrl(url);
     oWindow.SetSize (400, 300);
     oWindow.SetTitle ("yahoo");
     oWindow.SetModal("True");
     //oWindow.VisibleStatusBar = false;
     



}
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
84 views
Hello,

Has somebody seen somewhere a blog sample using TagCloud ?

Regards
CS
Cori
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
5 answers
169 views
i want to rename header of the delete dialog box.
for Ex :  "Message from Webpage" to "Custom Message"

please check below attached image for better understanding.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
107 views
Hi,
I'd need to ignore all words enclosed by <>. For instance
<TAG1>
<TAG2>
<WORD1>
<WORD2>
ETC...
How do I achieve this?
Thanks!
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
270 views
Hi,

I need to hide the RadComboBoxItem on server side while binding it. But on client side i need to re-display them based on client side changes. I am able to set_visible(true) on client side. But when i set to visible = false on Server-Side, the comboBoxItem is not rendered.

Is there any solution to do that?

Thanks
-- Raj
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
3 answers
137 views
Hi,
 I've recently tried to update our RAD editor from the Lite version to the Full-Featured version, but the installation failed due to features still being installed on the server from the Lite version. The instructions to upgrade were vague and didn't cover this, but can you confirm that the two features to remove are :-

RadEditorFeature
RadEditorFeatureIE

..and should be removed by using the following command :-

stsadm -o uninstallfeature –name RadEditorFeature

stsadm -o uninstallfeature –name RadEditorFeatureIE

Should the features be deactivated by web application first?

Thanks,
Jason.

Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
3 answers
177 views
Hi i am using radgrid with editform setting in which i have designed the layout of pop up window in form template.
when i clicked on edit button inside the grid then popup display with items.But my problem is that popup does not dispaly on right posting of the form. it diplay below the radgrid but I want to display the pop up in middle of the grid.
how to set the pop display middle of the form ????
Have any property in radgrid to dispaly the popup in middle of the page???
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
4 answers
142 views
While trying to find a way to disable deleting or inserting while editing a row in a radgrid ( I could still use some help ) I stumbled across a strange side effect.  If you're editing a row, and delete one of the rows above the one you're editing, you will suddenly be editing a different item.

Using the example at http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/raduploadinajaxifiedgrid/defaultcs.aspx?product=grid

Click the edit button for Bellflower to put that record into edit mode
Now click the delete button for Senecio.
You will see that you are now editing Thistle.

Is this behavior by design ?  I think it could easily create user confusion, especially if they were editing/deleting from a long list of similar items.  They could accidentally delete an item, and then click the update button thinking they were posting the changes they had made, but instead would be making no changes to the newly edited item..
Raymond Andrews
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
130 views

Hi,
I'm currently having issue with the ajaxmanager in my application. I'm trying the ajaxified different controls, but i keep receiving error on client side.

Here is some example of what i tried:
1. Ajax works but ajaxManager does not fires client events.

 

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){
            RadAjaxManager ajaxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
            ScriptManager scriptManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this);
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(BandQualificationsFormDetails, PanelCadetSelectionList);
            ajaxManager.Alert(string.Format("Page_Load: \najaxMAnager.IsAjaxRequest = {0} \nscriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack = {1}", ajaxManager.IsAjaxRequest, scriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack));
        }

When I select a value in a combobox in the web user control BandQualificationsFormDetails (errorajax1).

2. Ajax works but ajaxManager does not fires client events.


protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){
  
            RadAjaxManager ajaxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
            ScriptManager scriptManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this);
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(BandQualificationsFormDetails, PanelCadetSelectionList);
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(BandQualificationsFormDetails, BandQualificationsFormDetails);
            ajaxManager.Alert(string.Format("Page_Load: \najaxMAnager.IsAjaxRequest = {0} \nscriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack = {1}", ajaxManager.IsAjaxRequest, scriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack));

When I select a value in a combobox in the web user control BandQualificationsFormDetails. (errorajax2)

3. Ajax works and ajaxManager fires client events. (asp panel containing the web user control)

 

 

 

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){
            RadAjaxManager ajaxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
            ScriptManager scriptManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this);
            //ajaxify asp panel that contains BandQualificationsFormDetails
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(PanelBatchBandQualificationFormDetails, PanelCadetSelectionList);No
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(PanelBatchBandQualificationFormDetails, BandQualificationsFormDetails);
            ajaxManager.Alert(string.Format("Page_Load: \najaxMAnager.IsAjaxRequest = {0} \nscriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack = {1}", ajaxManager.IsAjaxRequest, scriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack));
}

When I select a value in a combobox in the web user control BandQualificationsFormDetails.(errorajax3)

 


4. Ajax works and ajaxManager fires client events.
(asp panel containing the web user control)

 

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){
            RadAjaxManager ajaxManager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
            ScriptManager scriptManager = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this);
            //ajaxify asp panel that contains BandQualificationsFormDetails
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(PanelBatchBandQualificationFormDetails, PanelCadetSelectionList);No
            ajaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(PanelCadetSelectionList, PanelBatchBandQualificationFormDetails);
            ajaxManager.Alert(string.Format("Page_Load: \najaxMAnager.IsAjaxRequest = {0} \nscriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack = {1}", ajaxManager.IsAjaxRequest, scriptManager.IsInAsyncPostBack));
}

When I select a value in a combobox in the web user control BandQualificationsFormDetails(errorajax4).

 

Thx for your time and have a nice day!

 

 

 

 

 

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?