Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
6 answers
286 views
Hi,
I have a radTreeView control set-up as:

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="tvIndustrySectors" runat="server" CheckBoxes="true" TriStateCheckBoxes="False" Height="180px" />


I add the nodes from the code behind and it goes down about 3 levels. What I want to acheive is when a user clicks on the text of a node it will expand and show the children.

Can this be done easily by setting a value on either the control or on each node when added?

Many thanks
Ed
Andrew Denham
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
2 answers
87 views

I am using radeditor’s old version and now want to upgrade to new one.

I downloaded the trial version and problem I am facing is, while adding customize toolbar i can’t add a linkurl in configfile.

What I want to do is I want to show one image in tools option and clicking on it will call a function. This is working fine with old radeditor by adding option <tool name="setbackgroundcolor" IconUrl="BackColor.gif" /> If I am using same config file with new editor it is giving me javascript error on load, so can you please tell me how I can achieve same functionality with new ediotor.

vishal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
2 answers
648 views
Hi
I have a standard button placed for 'SAVE' in a gridtemplate column and I am trying to retrieve command event arguments, so I can hit the button to save just contents of that corresponding row. For some reason in the gridview's item command event I am getting an empty string as the command argument. What am I possibly missing ?
Thanks
rD
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
140 views
You can do this kind of chart?

http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?chxl=0:|slow|faster|crazy&chxt=y&chs=300x150&cht=gm&chd=t:70&chl=Groovy
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
327 views
When load ascx user control with captcha and it's never been validated, even if I enter right code which I can see on a textbox by captcha.CaptchaImage.Text.
Pero, you wrote " register the UserControl directly in the .aspx page, or load it at Page.Init"

How can I do it?

I'm doing 

        Contact contact;
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            contact = (Contact)Page.LoadControl("~/Contact.ascx");
        }

in .aspx file

then, on menu (in aspx) selection, I fill PlaceHolder with 
contact by myPlaceHolder.Controls.Add(contact)

I set all elements in my ValidationGroup with SubmitGroup. SubmitButton and captcha as well.
All elements from the resulting page, such as RequiredFieldValidator (3 of them at the form) are working ok, but the captcha IsValid property is always false.

What am I doing wrong? 
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
4 answers
243 views
when i used telerik captcha in normal "aspx" page it works perfectly but when i used in user control "ascx" page its not validating

i used the captcha with asp:button control and validation group ="submitgroup" for both captcha and button

The Code in aspx page:

<

 

rad:RadAjaxPanel ID="rjPnlRegister" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="ajxldpnlRegister">

 

<

 

rad:RadCaptcha ID="rdCaptcha" runat="server" ErrorMessage="You have entered an invalid code." ValidationGroup="SubmitGroup">

 

 

 

 

 

</rad:RadCaptcha>

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblStatus" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Button ID="btnSubmit" runat="server" Text="Button"

 

 

ValidationGroup="SubmitGroup" onclick="btnSubmit_Click" />

 

 

 

 

 

</rad:RadAjaxPanel>

 

<

 

rad:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="ajxldpnlRegister" runat="server" Transparency="20" BackColor="#FFFFFF">

 

 

 

 

 

<asp:Image runat="server" ID="imgLoading" SkinID="imageajaxloading" AlternateText="" />

 

</

 

rad:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

The Code in aspx.cs page:

 

protected

 

void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

 

{

 

if (Page.IsValid)

 

{

lblStatus.Text =

"correct!";

 

lblStatus.ForeColor = System.Drawing.

Color.Red;

 

}

}

I tested same code in ascx page and aspx page but in aspx page it works fine in aspx page i.e its validating correctly
but in ascx page its not validating when click on the button

can any tell why its happening like that....

Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
173 views
Is there a way to configure the RadSplitter control to not utilize javascript for resizing width but only height. I understand that height resizing typically requires javascript but I know that width can be accomplished with table cells and a combination of fixed and percentage widths. It looks like you are utilizing tables for the splitter control so i was wondering if there is some sort of setting that will enable only the height to be resized using javascript. Any information would be much appreciated. Thank You!
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
102 views
Hello,

I am implementing a custom content provider using services as a back-end, and I am wondering if anyone else has found a way to reduce the number of service calls being made.  For example the methods ResolveRootDirectoryAsTree and ResolveDirectory are called numerous times with the same parameters for each operation, so there are duplicate service calls being made.  I think I need to build some sort of caching mechanism, but I am wondering if anyone else has run into this issue before and what possible solutions you can think of. 

Thank you,
Aaron
Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
2 answers
76 views
Is there any way to lock the another records in edit? becouse the edited data are loss.
Also, the pager, the sort option, the insert button - Need to be disabled !

Why is there no somthing that do that automatically ?
rachel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
2 answers
75 views
Hellow,

I need to call a server function from the cliend side .
I open a window and  after I closed the opened window I want to call a server function to refresh the opener page.
maybe, the  RadWindow has a server function like  the client function OnClientClose 
and how can I get the parameter from the opened window in the server

Thanks


 

 

 


miri
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?