Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
86 views
The company I work still has IE6 as our corporate standard so for internal projects we use it. In one of my projects I have a RadEditor control (v2010.1.415.35 / RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q1 2010 SP1) in the page and if I paste in a large amount of content it causes IE6 to crash. This is extremely frustrating. Has anyone run into this?
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2010
5 answers
361 views
Hello,

I have a Rad Grid that has 27 columns and few of which can be edited. The problem I am having is when I apply Scrolling-AllowScroll="true" Scrolling-UseStaticHeaders="true" Scrolling-SaveScrollPosition="true" Scrolling-FrozenColumnsCount="3"
on client settings set the width of the grid to "1200px" for the having both horizontal and vertical scrolling I can't see all the columns. When the grid is loaded the first time I can only see till the 'Disburse Date' column and I can't see the Household column when I click the edit column on the edit mode I can barely see the Disburse Date. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. Here is the aspx code:


<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="rgGridResults" GridLines="None"
                AllowSorting="true" AllowPaging="true" AllowFilteringByColumn="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
                ShowGroupPanel="false" ShowFooter="false" Width="1000px"
                OnNeedDataSource="rgGridResults_NeedDataSource"
                OnItemDataBound="rgGridResults_ItemDataBound"
                OnItemCommand="rgGridResults_ItemCommand">
                <ValidationSettings EnableValidation="true" ValidationGroup="vgGrid" />
                <ClientSettings Scrolling-AllowScroll="true" Scrolling-UseStaticHeaders="true" Scrolling-SaveScrollPosition="true" Scrolling-FrozenColumnsCount="3" Resizing-ResizeGridOnColumnResize="true"/>
                <MasterTableView EditMode="InPlace" DataKeyNames="donorid">
                    <Columns>
                        <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="LinkButton" EditText="Edit" UpdateText="Update"
                            CancelText="Cancel"/>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Donor" DataField="name" SortExpression="name"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Donor ID" DataField="doid" SortExpression="doid"
                            ReadOnly="true" UniqueName="donorid"/>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Spouse" DataField="renid" SortExpression="renid"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Gift ID" DataField="giftid" SortExpression="giftid"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Pledge ID" DataField="pledgeid" SortExpression="pledgeid"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Credit Date" DataField="credtdat" SortExpression="credtdat" AllowFiltering="true" ReadOnly="true">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblCredtDat" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Type" DataField="trantype" SortExpression="trantype"
                            ReadOnly="true"/>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Legal Amount" DataField="legal_credit" SortExpression="legal_credit" AllowFiltering="true" ReadOnly="true">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblLegalAmount" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Soft Credit Amount" DataField="soft_credit" SortExpression="soft_credit" AllowFiltering="true" ReadOnly="true">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblSoftCredit" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>                        
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Fund" DataField="fund" SortExpression="fund"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Fund Name" DataField="fund_name" SortExpression="fund_name"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="College" DataField="college" SortExpression="college"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Dept" DataField="dept_desc" SortExpression="dept_desc"
                            ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="System Review Code" DataField="needs_review_code"
                            SortExpression="needs_review_code" ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="System Review Comment" DataField="needs_review_comment"
                            SortExpression="needs_review_comment" ReadOnly="true" />
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Staff Match Eligibe Flag" DataField="fs_me_flag"
                            SortExpression="fs_me_flag">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:RadioButtonList runat="server" ID="rbtnlFSMatchEligible" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblFSMatchEligible" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Staff Match Comment" DataField="fs_me_comment"
                            SortExpression="fs_me_comment" UniqueName="fscomment">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="tbxFSMatchComment" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblFSMatchComment" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Ren Match Eligible Flag" DataField="scn_me_flag"
                            SortExpression="scn_me_flag">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:RadioButtonList runat="server" ID="rbtnlRenMatchEligible" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblRenMatchEligible" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Ren Match Comment" DataField="scn_me_comment"
                            SortExpression="scn_me_comment">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="tbxRenMatchComment" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblRenMatchComment" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="BUF Match Eligible Flag" DataField="sce_me_flag"
                            SortExpression="sce_me_flag">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:RadioButtonList runat="server" ID="rbtnlBufMatchEligible" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblBufMatchEligible" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="BUF Match Comment" DataField="sce_me_comment"
                            SortExpression="sce_me_comment">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="tbxBufMatchComment" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblBufMatchComment" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Fellows Match Eligible FLag" DataField="ff_me_flag"
                            SortExpression="ff_me_flag">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:RadioButtonList runat="server" ID="rbtnlFFMatchEligible" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblFFMatchEligible" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Fellows Match Comment" DataField="ff_me_comment"
                            SortExpression="ff_me_comment">
                            <EditItemTemplate>
                                <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="tbxFFMatchComment" />
                            </EditItemTemplate>
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblFFMatchComment" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Encumbered" DataField="match_eligible_amount"
                            SortExpression="match_eligible_amount" ReadOnly="true">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblEncumbered" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Disbursed" DataField="disburse_amount"
                            SortExpression="disburse_amount" ReadOnly="true">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisbursed" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Disburse Date" DataField="DISBURSE_DATE" SortExpression="DISBURSE_DATE" AllowFiltering="true" ReadOnly="true">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDisburseDate" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Household" DataField="household_maximum_amt"
                            SortExpression="household_maximum_amt">
                            <ItemTemplate>
                                <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblHousehold" />
                            </ItemTemplate>
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                    </Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
            </telerik:RadGrid>

Thanks
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2010
3 answers
436 views
Hi,

I have a RadGrid and a RadComboBox as a column of the grid. When user selects a value in the combobox I need to enable/disable some cells on the same row. Hence I need the selectedindexchanged event to fire.
I referred the example on the telerik website and based on that I coded this functionality. However, the selectedindexchanged event does not fire. The code snippet is below.
Thanks, Mala

Here is my code snippet:
UAMain02.aspx

<

 

telerik:GridTemplateColumn AllowFiltering="false" SortExpression="OccCode" HeaderText="Occ Code *" UniqueName="OccCode">

 

 

 

 

<HeaderStyle Width="70px" />

 

 

 

 

<ItemStyle Width="70px" />

 

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="radComboBoxOccCode" runat="server" Autopostback="true" Width="50px" >

 

 

 

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 

 

 

<asp:RequiredFieldValidator Display="Dynamic" ID="RequiredFieldValidatorOcc" runat="server" ControlToValidate="radComboBoxOccCode" ErrorMessage="*" ValidationGroup="vgFirst"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

 

 

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

 



and the code behind is:
UAMain02.aspx.cs

 

private void combo_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs e)

 

{

}

 

 

 

protected void radGrOccupation_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

 

{

 

 

 

if (e.Item is GridDataItem)

 

{

 

 

 

GridDataItem insertItem = (GridDataItem)e.Item;

 

 

 

 

RadComboBox combo = (RadComboBox)insertItem["OccCode"].FindControl("radComboBoxOccCode");

 

 

combo.AutoPostBack =

 

 

true;

 

combo.SelectedIndexChanged +=

 

 

new RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventHandler(this.combo_SelectedIndexChanged);

 

 

 


Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Sep 2010
1 answer
469 views

I know this is so easy but I can't find the switch to highlight the current date in a month view.  I have a radscheduler on my page and have set my code to this:

radSchAppointments.SelectedDate = DateTime.Now;

I also have the scheduler defaulting to a month view.  I would expect the code above to highlight the current date in the calendar view but it doesn't do anything.

How do I get the current date to be highlighted so users can easily see today's date?

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Sep 2010
1 answer
481 views
protected void grdVerification_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) 
        {
            if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
            {
                GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
                string header = item.cells[0].HeaderText
            }
        }
Hi,
Is there a way to access the column header text when you're in the item_databound event?  I am autogenerating my columns and I won't know the names of the columns, but I need to be able to figure out which column I am in by name and not by index.  I would like to do something like the attached example.

Thanks!
Tami

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 Sep 2010
0 answers
66 views
Hi,

This is related to the other thread I raised 2 months ago.
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/calendar/raddatepicker-validation-not-working-in-ver-2009-3-1103-35.aspx

I was asked to upgrade to 2010.2 to resolve the issue. It did resolve the problem mentioned but introduced other problems.

I am getting an error with 2010.2:
Assembly 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.2.713.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' does not contain a Web resource with name 'Telerik.Web.UI.Window.RadWindow.js'.

This Resource is there in 2009.3 but is missing from 2010.2

Regards
Krishna
Krishna
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Sep 2010
0 answers
120 views
I have several buttons on my form (it is a TabStrip control) that needs to do a server side postback when the user has focus on one of the buttons. It is a heavy data entry form and they require no mouse clicks. Strictly tabing to each field and then when the user tabs to one of the buttons and hits <ENTER> on the keyboard, I need to do a server side postback. I can't assign the <ENTER> key to a button, because I have multiple buttons on the form to do other things like look ups, etc, besides submitting the form.

Any ideas on how this can be accomplished? 

In summary, I have several buttons on the same form (btnSubmit, btnVoid, btnPend, btnDef, & 3 search buttons with different names). 

I need a way that when focus is on a particular button & the user presses <ENTER>, a server-side postback will occur for that button.

Bill
Top achievements
Rank 2
 asked on 22 Sep 2010
3 answers
90 views
Hi Guys,

I wish to use the Calendar Control in a new project.

The companys week 1 though starts in the first week of Feb and not Jan.

I there a solution to this - can I alter the start point of week 1 within the control?

Thank-you,

Marcus.
Marcus
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
1 answer
117 views
I have a radgrid where the data returned looks like this:

Company Name Inc

  • Center ID is invalid, or does not match submitting center ID.
  • Client name already exists. Stationery code is required.
  • Secondary fax must have 10 digits. 

Company Name Manufacturing

  • Center ID is invalid, or does not match submitting center ID.
  • Client name already exists. Stationery code is required.


When I export this to a pdf. It loses the bullets. Is there a way the keep the formatting in the pdf?

Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
3 answers
99 views
I have a custom button I am adding to my editor. This button makes an ajax request to update the content of the editor. However, the content does not update properly. This occurs in both firefox and IE, so I do not believe that it is related.


Here is my code.

Telerik.Web.UI.Editor.CommandList[""CustomButton""] = function(commandName, editor, args) {
                    $find(""" + manager.ClientID + @""").ajaxRequest(""foobar"");
                    };


Here is the ajax request event
 private void manager_AjaxRequest(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
        {
if (e.Argument == "Append")
            {
                this.Content += "Does Append work?";
            }
}

the event is firing and the content is being updated, however it never renders to the page.
Aaron Mell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 21 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?