Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
414 views
Hi,

I am opening a user control (which has a close button in it) in radtooltipmanager.
 I want to execute some server side code on close button and at the same time i want to close the radtooltipmanager, how can I achieve this ?

Is there any way to Close the radtooltipmanager from code behind (on close button click)


Regards,
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
2 answers
107 views
Im currently upgrading Telerik components from 2009.2.701.35 to 2010.2.826.35, and i got problem with window resizing.
If i set the property EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" the window look like in the picture bellow.
if i dont set that property the window is not resizing on call. Could you tell me what could be the cause and if there are any other issues when upgrading Telerik components.
Deni
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
2 answers
51 views
I am in much need of that new Button control, our designer just threw me for a bit of a loop on his latest iteration where I need to build my own (or use the new telerik one).
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
2 answers
205 views
Hi,

I have the following lines in my page.

 //Gives Error

<telerik:GridNumericColumn Aggregate="Sum" DataField="SubDetails.Value" HeaderText="Mon" UniqueName="Mon" 

 

ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" FooterStyle-HorizontalAlign="Right" HeaderStyle-Wrap="true" />

//Working perfectly

 

 

 

<telerik:GridNumericColumn Aggregate="Sum" DataField="Units" HeaderText="Tue" UniqueName="Tue"  

 

 

ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" HeaderStyle-Wrap="true" />

It gives me the following error

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Average is not supported for type "System.Object" at Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn.GetAggregateByType[T](IQueryable queryable, String fieldName, GridAggregateFunction func)

public Class Details1
{
        public int Value { get; set }
}

public Class Details2
{
        public int ID{ get; set }
        public Details1 SubDetails { get; set }
}


Kindly guide me to solve this problem.

Thanks
Katte

 

 

Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
262 views

Hi,


I'm trying to use a grid to bind to an object data source that receives tis data from EF4.

I run into problems when I try to edit a column that is an associated entity.


I have the following two entities:

Register_App and

App

Register_App is associated to App. Thus Register_App has a property App which in turn has an ID.


I would like to display a dropdown combo so I can select the appropriate App and this infpo is persisted to the


object data source.


I made the following grid column:



<telerik:GridDropDownColumn ListTextField="Name" ListValueField="Id" DataSourceID="odsApps" 
HeaderText="App" DataField="App.ID"
 DropDownControlType="RadComboBox"></telerik:GridDropDownColumn>




It works fine in display mode. The App is bound based on the DataField App.ID, and the correct Name is displayed.

When I turn to edit mode, all is wel again. A combobox is displayed with all the Apps and the correct one is


displayed. When I try to save the data I get the following error:



System.InvalidOperationException: Could not find a property named 'App.ID' on the type specified by the
DataObjectTypeName property in ObjectDataSource 'odsRegApps'. at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.BuildDataObject(Type dataObjectType, IDictionary inputParameters) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteUpdate(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary
oldValues) at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Update(IDictionary keys, IDictionary values, IDictionary oldValues,
DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformUpdate(GridEditableItem
editedItem, Boolean suppressRebind) at Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs.ExecuteCommand(Object source)

I am surprised that the property App.ID is resolved in Display mode and Edit mode but not during save. Do you know


what I'm doing wrong?


Any help is greatly appreciated,

best regards,

Chris Vrolijk



P.S. Below I included my entire control:


<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="AdminApps.ascx.cs"
 
Inherits="ActuIT.Futurama.ManagementSite.RegisterAdminAppsControl" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsRegApps" runat="server"
 
DataObjectTypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.EFDataLayer.Register_App"
    SelectMethod="GetRegisterApps" TypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.Business.Register" UpdateMethod="UpdateApp"
    DeleteMethod="DeleteApp" InsertMethod="InsertApp" >
    </asp:ObjectDataSource>
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsPAs" runat="server"
 
DataObjectTypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.EFDataLayer.Register_PA"
    SelectMethod="GetPAs" TypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.Business.Register" ></asp:ObjectDataSource>
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsPUVs" runat="server"
 
DataObjectTypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.EFDataLayer.Register_PUV"
    SelectMethod="GetPUVs" TypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.Business.Register"></asp:ObjectDataSource>
<asp:ObjectDataSource ID="odsApps" runat="server" DataObjectTypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.EFDataLayer.App"
    SelectMethod="GetApps" TypeName="ActuIT.Futurama_Vision.Business.Vision" ></asp:ObjectDataSource>
<telerik:RadGrid ID="gridApps" runat="server"
    AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"
    AllowPaging="True"
    AutoGenerateColumns="True"
    AllowAutomaticUpdates ="true"
    AllowAutomaticInserts = "true"
    DataSourceID="odsRegApps"
   >
    <MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="Id"
 
DataSourceID="odsRegApps">
        <RowIndicatorColumn>
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
        </RowIndicatorColumn>
        <ExpandCollapseColumn>
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
        </ExpandCollapseColumn>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn"
 
HeaderText="Edit" >
            </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
            <telerik:GridButtonColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" CommandName="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn"
 
ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete this application?" ConfirmTitle="Confirm Delete"
 
ConfirmDialogType="Classic" HeaderText="Delete">
            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Id" UniqueName="Id" HeaderText="Register ID" Visible="true"
 
ReadOnly="true">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Name" UniqueName="Name" HeaderText="Naam">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn UniqueName="UseXMLData" DataField="UseXMLData"
            HeaderText="UseXMLData"  />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn  ColumnEditorID="txtDocument" DataField="Document" UniqueName="Document"
 
HeaderText="Document">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Folder" UniqueName="Folder" HeaderText="Folder">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="WebService" UniqueName="WebService" HeaderText="WebService">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridDropDownColumn ListTextField="Name" ListValueField="Id" DataSourceID="odsApps" 
 
HeaderText="App" DataField="App.ID"
 DropDownControlType="RadComboBox"></telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
            <telerik:GridDropDownColumn ListTextField="Code" ListValueField="Id" DataSourceID="odsPAs" 
 
HeaderText="PA" DataField="Register_PA.Id"
 DropDownControlType="RadComboBox"></telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
            <telerik:GridDropDownColumn ListTextField="Code" ListValueField="Id" DataSourceID="odsPUVs" 
 
HeaderText="PUV" DataField="Register_PUV.Id"
 DropDownControlType="RadComboBox"></telerik:GridDropDownColumn>
 
        </Columns>
         <EditFormSettings ColumnNumber="2" CaptionDataField="Name" InsertCaption="Voeg register applicatie toe"
 
EditFormType="AutoGenerated">
            <EditColumn InsertText="Insert" EditText="Edit application id #:" EditFormColumnIndex="0"
 
UpdateText="Application updated" UniqueName="InsertCommandColumn1" CancelText="Cancel"
 
ButtonType="ImageButton"></EditColumn>
        </EditFormSettings>
            </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>




Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
151 views
I'm trying to use the standard edit form for a particular grid.  One of the columns in the edit form is a radcombobox.  What I want to do is to find the combo box and place a linkbutton next to it which will say something like "add new site".  When the click the linkbutton, I'll show a small window which will basically take just a text value.  When they save this info, it will make a new site, and the new site's id and name will show up in the combobox.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
0 answers
60 views
Hello,

I want to develop a asp.net website but don't want to use view state of any controls. Controls view state property will be disabled. Specially Rad Grid control and tree view which take lots of time to display page on browser.

So any one can suggest. Is it better decision to make all controls view state property false. And can any one suggest what type of functionality will not work if i make rad grid controls view state property false or tree view view state property false.

Please Suggest.


Thanks in Advance,
Reyaz


Reyaz Ahmad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
258 views
Team,

As per my requirement am converting HTML Table to DataTable.
And then I bind that DataTable as a Datasource of Radgrid.
My problem  is I dont want the header generated as Column0, Column1, Column2...
Instead of that I want first 2 rows of the DataTable to be the Header and frozen.

Pls. Reply, we bought your Tool for our application development.

Thanks
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
6 answers
276 views
My setting is like this:     
 <telerik:RadToolTip ID="uxRadToolTip" runat="server" Height="80px" Width="250px"
        RelativeTo="BrowserWindow" Position="Center" ShowEvent="FromCode" Modal="true">

In Chrome, when you scroll down to the bottom of the page(the href which triggers this popup is on the top of the window now), click the href which triggers this popup, then you could see the backgroud is locked which is correct, but we can't see the popup itself(It's ok in IE67 and firefox23, but not in Chrome.).

Could you give me any suggestion?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
1 answer
127 views
Hi

I am trying to suppress the "SpellChecking Complete!" and "No mistakes found" messages displayed by the Rad Ajax Spellchecker embedded in the RadEditor (I am using version 2010.2.713.35 dll)

I found an approach in another very old forum post which i think may now be outdated which discussed setting a "UseEmbeddedScripts" property on my radEditor control.  This setting appears to have been deprecated as I cannot set it in my codebehind (where i create my editor).

What is the latest recommendation for achieving this ?

Thanks
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?