Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
68 views
the article in online help (Saving grid settings on a per user basis) works well untill i hit this headache:
after I added a new record into the grid i want to show the new record as the first row of the grid. also after edited an existing record when return to the grid I want to see the most-recently edited record listed as first row of the grid.

Is this possible to achieve? thanks in advance
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
2 answers
118 views
Hi all.
 I am using radeditor in VS 2005. I am unable to enter a line break. when I add data(text) in the editor and when i press enter to write in the next line instead of break  "$0$0" is coming and the next line continues in same line.(This is seen in chrome browser only). In other browsers this is working fine.
($0$0 for single break if I press enter twice I get $0$0)
I dont understand what is the problem Help me.
Thanks.
madhu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
3 answers
104 views
Hi,

if you follow these steps in RadEditor:

1. Add a Table (e.g. 3x3 sized)
2. Set focus on the top right cell
3. Click on "Merge Cells Vertically" button
4. Set focus on the central cell (the second row)
5. Click on "Delete Row" button

The resulting table is a mess. This is because "delete row" doesn't check whether some of the cells on top of the affected row have a rowspan that needs to be decremented.
Marco
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
3 answers
200 views
Hi

I am successfully running a .Net2 application on a server which works pefectly with RadUploadProgressHandler. But When I try to access the same application accross domains the I receive an error when trying to Upload a file. The error is :
Did you register the RadUploadProgressHandler in web.config?
Please, see the help for more details: RadUpload 2.x - Using RadUpload - Configuration - RadUploadProgressHandler.

I don't understand why it works on the internal domain that the application is hosted on but throws error when the same application is accessed from another domain.

I have the following in my web config.

<

 

httpHandlers>

 

 

 

<

 

add verb="*" path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.WebControls.RadUploadProgressHandler, RadUpload.Net2"/>

 

 

 

<

 

add verb="POST,GET" path="csharpwrapper/*.ashx" type="Ajax.PageHandlerFactory, Ajax"/>

 

 

 

<

 

add verb="POST,GET" path="ajax/*.ashx" type="Ajax.PageHandlerFactory, Ajax"/>

 

 

 

</

 

httpHandlers>

 

 

 

<

 

httpModules>

 

 

 

<

 

add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.WebControls.RadUploadHttpModule, RadUpload.Net2"/>

 

 

 

</

 

httpModules>

 

 

 

<

 

httpRuntime maxRequestLength="102400" executionTimeout="600"/>

 

 

 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
2 answers
64 views
    Hello.
I used RadGrid with declarative binding to SqlDataSource.
I need to store old and new values in log table when I make insert/delete/update operation.
I can handle RadGrid_UpdateCommand event like this:

protected void RadGrid1_UpdateCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
    GridEditableItem editItem = (GridEditableItem)e.Item;
          
    //extract the edited values in a Hashtable
    Hashtable values = new Hashtable();
    editItem.ExtractValues(values);
  
    //get the saved old values before editing
    Hashtable oldValues = (Hashtable)editItem.SavedOldValues;
      
    //insert  data to Database
    //...    
}

but this event fires before real operation in database and I don`t know if there is an error in current operation in DB or not.
Can anybody help?
Andrey
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
1 answer
104 views
Hello,
I want to use radrating to show current photo rating and also allow users to rate with it. I'm not sure but it seems like onrate event is fired only when I select different value as currently displayed one. Is it possible to let user rate same value?

I've found a workaround with precision set to exact, but that's not what I want to
Thanks

Solved:
My question was answered here : Problem firing onrate event 
Sorry for bothering
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
1 answer
128 views
Hey everyone,

I have a radgrid,that works on a button click.i have used two date pickers and according to those dates data is fetched from data base.But when i change my page size,the grid is not visible,and on clicking the button again then its visible.Is there a server side event required for page size changed?..what could be the problem?...

Thanks
Amit
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
5 answers
654 views
I am using your RadWindow control to pop up a dialog box containing an aspx page.  When the page is dismissed via an OK button, the logic closes the window and tries to create a postback to communicate the results to the calling form.

The popup form opens correctly, but when the OK button is pressed the JS logic to perform the ajax request fails with the error: "Object doesn't support this property or method."  Here is the JS code:

function

 

 

CloseRadWindowPostback(sArgument) {

 

    ctl00_ctlAjaxManager.ajaxRequest(sArgument);   // failure occurs here

 

 

    var oWindow = GetRadWindow();

 

    oWindow.close();

}

Just to be clear, the value "sArgument" is set to a string, and for the sake of testing I have eliminated the jQuery find logic, and used the clientID of the ajax manager control directly in the JS code.

The dialog form is created with a Master page containg the RadAjaxManager control, and viewing the source of the dialog form shows that the ajax manager object exits:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._initialize('ctl00$ctlScriptManager', document.getElementById('aspnetForm'));
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance()._updateControls(['tctl00$ctlAjaxManagerSU'], [], [], 90);
//]]>
</script>

<!-- 2010.2.826.35 --><div id="ctl00_ctlAjaxManagerSU">
<span id="ctl00_ctlAjaxManager" style="display:none;"></span>

Why is the ajaxRequest code failing?

Fiko
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
2 answers
197 views
Hey everyone,

I have a radgrid in which i have used external buttons for edit and delete.I have enabled client-side row selection.How can i show an alert on edit and delete buttons click if no row is selected on client side?....

Thanks
Amit
Amit
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
2 answers
82 views
Any plans for a Pivot Grid perhaps :)

I can do them with telerik reporting, but the html report viewer just looks strange on the page...and I can't tweak and style as easy as a native telerik aspnet AJAX control
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 02 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?