Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
180 views
Hi,
I feed data to my radGrid with a datatable that is generated dynamically. I'm trying to figure out how to merge all the columns (I have 4 if it helps any) if the object received (from the loop) has a specific value in one of it's properties.

I know I'm not too clear here, so here's a little analogy. The object that I use to build the datatable is a list of category of  ingredients (vegetable, meats, etc.). Each row has different stats and whatnot. When I got to, let's say "Dairy", I need to merge all the cells in the row so that I can add a user control in it.

If anyone can help, that would be great.

Thanks
Sam
Sammy78
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
3 answers
132 views
I have a RadEditor with very basic functionality.  Nothing in the modules section, using external Toolbar file, and external CSS file.

However, this is generating a tremendous amount of code to the page for things like Image Manager, Document manager, etc, which I am not using.  Also it's adding a lot of extra code for localization: $create(Telerik.Web.UI.RadEditor, {"_localization":{"addcustomcolor":"Add Custom Color...","addcustomhexcolor":"Add Hex Color...","

Except that I'm not using Add custom color, hex color, or anything other than bold, italic, underline.

How can I trim this way down?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
2 answers
611 views
Hi,

I am using telerik rad grid for displaying data.
For editing, i am using GridEditCommandColumn for displaying the edit option.
Now based on some logic, i have to hide/show this "Edit" option based on some value coming from the database.
Currently i am trying to do this in ItemDataBound event -
((Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditCommandColumn)(e.Item.OwnerTableView.Columns[0])).Visible = false;
It is hiding the complete column. What i thought was, it will hide the Edit option for the particular row but it hides the column itself.
I also tried to set the EditText property to set it to blank based on condition, but the results were coming awkward, like it was showing or hiding Edit option randomly.
(((Telerik.Web.UI.GridEditCommandColumn)(e.Item.OwnerTableView.Columns[0])).EditText = "Edit";)

Is there any way i can hide the GridEditCommandColumn Edit option for a particular row.
SKY
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
4 answers
180 views
I am trying to impliment the "RadComboBox and ASP.NET AJAX 4.0 Preview – using client-side templates and webservice load on demand" solution in the blogs. The issue is that the MicrosoftAjaxTemplates.js is no longer in the MS ajax code and now resides in the Ajax control toolkit code. I have a master page with a RadScriptManager and am using a ScriptManager proxy in the content area of the page. I have followed the blog post and added a script reference to the proxy. Also I have added the EnableScriptCombine="false" to the master page RadScriptManager, no luck.

Is it possible to update the blog post with current deployments of the AJAX Rad Controls and the MS Ajax code?

Thanks
Scott
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
2 answers
1.0K+ views
I'm doing a proof of concept with the RadTextbox and a client-side event that will display characters while I am typing.

The end result would be automatic filtering of a RadGrid based on the input of this textbox (filtering while typing, similar to Google results).  I saw your demo using the RadComboBox, but I would like to improve upon that without having using a combobox for my results, as my result set could be in the thousands.

The proof of concept is simple, type in the textbox (input) and the label (output) is automatically updated.  It works great when typing letters, but hitting backspace, delete, or holding down a key does not work.  To be honest, after much research, I'm not sure if this is possible with javascript or jquery.  Looking at the available client-side events from here, I don't see any events that would fit my scenario. 

I did figure out I have to append the character that was being pressed to the text already inside the textbox.

<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
 
<telerik:RadScriptBlock runat="server" ID="RadScriptBlock1">
    <script type="text/javascript">
        function filterGrid(sender, eventArgs) {
            var inputControl = $find("<%=txtInput.ClientID%>");
            var outputControl = $get("<%=lblOutput.ClientID %>");
             
            var inputText = inputControl.get_value();
            var keyPressed = eventArgs.get_keyCharacter();
 
            outputControl.innerHTML = inputText + keyPressed;
        }
    </script>
</telerik:RadScriptBlock>
 
Input:
<telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" ID="txtInput" ClientEvents-OnKeyPress="filterGrid" />
 
<br />
Output:
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblOutput" />

Any help is greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
6 answers
230 views
Hello,

I get this error when I try to add a radcaptcha inside the template of a createuserwizard
"Cannot unregister UpdatePanel with ID '' since it was not registered with the ScriptManager. This might occur if the UpdatePanel was removed from the control tree and later added again, which is not supported"

It seems that captcha is inserting itself automatically in some control collection and create a related updatepanel ?

How to solve this ?

Thank you for help.
CS

PS: seems the updatepanels have no ids ?
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
3 answers
79 views
Hi,
In my page I used to have RadGrid with pagination and SEO enabled.
Everything was working fine, but I needed to have Div layout, I changed it to RadListView and RadDataPager.
Now the only problem that I have is that the pages' links changes the re-written urls to the original one.
For example:
Re-written Url: http://www.mysite.com/car/123
Original Url: http://www.mysite.com/cars.aspx?carId=123

I expect for page 2 the link would be:
http://www.mysite.com/cars/123?pageno=2

But the link is changed back to the original and is like this:
http://www.mysite.com/cars.aspx?carId=123&pageno=2

I did not have such a problem with RagGrid Pagination.
By the way, I am using Telerik controls of DotNetNuke. The version is 2010.1.309.35.

Thanks.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
71 views
I am running into an issue where my RadScheduler's TimeSlotCreated event gets fired BEFORE my Page_Load function on a postback, where my logic in Page_Load() needs to run before the TimeSlotCreated event gets fired off.

I saw in some past patch notes for Q2 2008 SP1 (version 2008.2.826) HERE  one of the fix notes under RadScheduler:
                               - TimeSlotCreating is not fired before Page_Load on post back.


I am currently developing with ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2009, and am still seeing TimeSlotCreated event getting called before my Page_Load

Something I am doing wrong? Or is the bug still in the version I am using?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
8 answers
99 views
Hi Telerik team,

In our application, we allow user insert media. One thing is very confuse for our clients is the default size for the media file ( 150 * 150 ). Is there have any way we can use orignal video size unless the user really want to change it?

Best regards,

lan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
3 answers
165 views
hi,
I have asp.net LinkButton, where it has been configured with RadAjaxManager to update asp.net panel.
now I wanna after the update done (the content of that panel changed) I need to call a javascript function, because in this new content, there is div which making a type of sliding effect, but it will not start the effect unless the javascript function is called, so I need to call that javascript function once the update of asp.net panel is done.

I tried to add "OnClientClick" property to LinkButton, but that does not working, and even it did not triggered!

and I have tried to create another panel and in ajax calling, I tried to fill it with a Literal control, where this literal:
        Literal l = new Literal();
        l.Text = "<script type='text/javascript'>coda_side_it();</script>";

but this is not working, and moreover, I tried to Response.Write("<script type='text/javascript'>coda_side_it();</script>"); but that makes a big problem with ajax!!

so please any help?
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?