Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
103 views
Hi, I have a small client-side problem, the thing is that I have a Radlistview and inside the Item template I have a ImageButton, I want to find the row datakeyvalue when I click the imagebutton on client side, I know how to do this on the server side, I was just wandering, how could I accomplish this on the client side. thx for the time. bye  
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
112 views
Why, when exporting groups to Excel XML, does Telerik attach a semicolon to the end of the group name, and how do I remove this?
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
5 answers
304 views
Is it possible to remove the RadDock from particular Zone from server side.
I have to dynamically load the raddocks oninit depending upon the profile of current User,
I have some link buttons on the page of different users, so I have to updated RadDocs depending upon the selection.
I tried but either it is not updating.
Pero
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
2 answers
84 views
1st timer... New "B" lol,  just started learning C# 3 moths ago and using telerik for the 1st time... really cool components and lots of fun... not knowing (yet) how it all works I have the following that is close to working as I'd like but need to 'ForceDataReload(AchRadGridView)'
from a 'tabStrip1.SelectedTab' :)

So far I have a mess where it goes like this...

protected void TabSelected(object sender, EventArgs e)
  {
       
      if (tabStrip1.SelectedTab == Tab1)
      {
          Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "ALL";
          tabStrip1.SelectedIndex = 0;
 
      }
 
 
      if (tabStrip1.SelectedTab == Tab2)
      {
          Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "NOT";
          tabStrip1.SelectedIndex = 1;
           
      }
 
 
      if (tabStrip1.SelectedTab == Tab3)
      {
          Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "APP";
          tabStrip1.SelectedIndex = 2;
        
      }
 
 
      if (tabStrip1.SelectedTab == Tab4)
      {
          Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "UNA";
          tabStrip1.SelectedIndex = 3;
      
      }
 
 
      if (tabStrip1.SelectedTab == Tab5)
      {
          Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "REJ";
          tabStrip1.SelectedIndex = 4;
 
      }
       
        
  }

The above seems to work to show my "selected" tab on each click and assuming my session parm is being set... when I add this to it my "grid" does not update...

if (tabStrip1.SelectedTab == Tab1)
   {
       Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "ALL";
       tabStrip1.SelectedIndex = 0;
       ForceDataReload(AchRadGridView);
   }

The 'ForceDataReload(AchRadGridView);' worked when I was doing the same desired "refresh" on a basic button:
//protected void ALL_Click1(object sender, EventArgs e)
//{
//    if (Globals.Page.IsValid)
//    {
 
 
//        Session["SessionData-AchFilter"] = "ALL";
 
 
//        ForceDataReload(AchRadGridView);
 
//    }
//}
So I started looking at maybe a "TabClick" but cannot figure out the syntax or proper use to achieve the same effect as the button; that is when the button was clicked the grid used the new assigned parm "All" as a filter in the "fill" to give me a new list in my grid and I want to do it with the good looking telerik tab strip :)

Sorry if long winded... and if I am making no sense..
Barry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
276 views
Here my combo box:

<

 

 

telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbItemName" runat="server" AllowCustomText="True" CausesValidation="False" MarkFirstMatch="True" />

 



I am allowing the customer type in the itemname.  If the itemname exist it mark the first match.     That works good. 
I also what the customer to be able to enter a itemname that is not in the dropdown list.  That works good.

Is there a way for the dropdown box to close once the itemname does not match anything in the drop down list?  I look at the demo and it does not close when an item is not match.

Thanks,
David
Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
100 views
Hi,
    I am using ListBox control. There is a requirement from end user that there should be typing support. Right now, it only supports first letter search so if you want to find "Arabic". You type "A" and it would go to the first item starting "A" then you type "R" and it would jump to the first item starting "R".
   I would like to select items by type matching the complete item text, something similar to combo box item features. How would i be able to do that for listbox. Let me know the details. Thanks,
    I checked the ajax toolkit  today and there is a control called ListSearch. do we have something similar in Telerik ?

Regards,

Osman
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
132 views
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
 
<asp:Content ID="Content2" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder_Main" runat="Server">
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
        <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" ..../>
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest" DefaultLoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
            <AjaxSettings>
                <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1">
                    <UpdatedControls>
                        <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="DetailsView1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                    </UpdatedControls>
                </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            </AjaxSettings>
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
        <telerik:RadSplitter runat="server" ID="RadSplitter1">
            <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="RadPane_Page_Grid">
                <telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="RadGrid1"  OnSelectedIndexChanged="RadGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged" ...>
                    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="p_ID">
                        <Columns>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="p_ID">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                        </Columns>
                    </MasterTableView>
                </telerik:RadGrid>
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadSplitBar runat="server" ID="RP" />
            <telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="RP_DetailView">             
                    <asp:DetailsView runat="server" ID="DetailsView1"  DataSourceID="sds_Details" >
                        <Fields>
                           <asp:BoundField DataField="sh_Title" />
                        </Fields>
                        <HeaderTemplate>
                                <asp:Button ID="btn_Edit" Text ="Edit" runat="server" />
                        </HeaderTemplate>
                    </asp:DetailsView>
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
</asp:Content>
hi all,
i have (datagrid + detailsview) , my datagrid is ajaxified to update detailview on RadGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged  event :
i have one button in my detailview that affected in this event:
protected void RadGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
   {
 Button btn = (Button)DetailsView1.FindControl("btn_Edit");
       btn.OnClientClick = "alert('some text here...');";
 }
at first page load and selecting one row of grid,my detailsview updates, and by clicking on btn_Edit client side alert displayed, but on clicking again on this button(btn_Edit) client side alert not function again!


can u help me?

tnx.
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
87 views
Guys,

We recently upgraded one of the applications from Telerik AJAX Controls 2008 version to 2010 version and all of a sudden everything is big and ugly. Height of the text boxes, grid rows, grid columns and other controls has increased, lots of padding around controls, etc! I thought backward compatibility was big with Telerik, but looks like it is not.

Can somebody help me figure out the best way to deal with this issue? We really want to upgrade to the new version and would like to minimize the changes needed.

We have been using Office2007 skin.

Thanks,
Manny Siddiqui
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
0 answers
79 views
Hi,

Please anyone help me on this scenario.

I have a Telerik Tab and I am using the RadMultiPage to create the dynamic user controls inside the Tab.
Apart from that I have a seperate TextBox out of the Tab.

I have to pass this TextBox value to all the UserControls which is inside the UserControl on TabClick Event.

When I Clicks the Next Tab Strip Its initially triggers the

OnPageViewCreated (The LoadControl actually happens here with the parameter of TextBox value)

and then Its triggers the TabClick Event.

On debug mode I found that, The Value of the TextBox is empty on OnPageViewCreated , When Its coming to the TabClick Event It has the proper value.

I am not sure why the TextBox value is empty when come into OnPageViewCreated. Could anyone please help me on this ?
Balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
86 views
It would be really cool to instead of having to use the file system for storing images, have built in support for storing the images in a database and using RadBinaryImage to display the images.
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?