Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
80 views
I am using the code below to replace the default loading image but when the loading panel displays both images show. Is there a way to hide the default image and just display the one I added?

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="AjaxLoadingPanel" runat="server">
<asp:Image ID="Image1" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." ImageUrl="~/images/ajax-loader-bar.gif" />
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
214 views
Hi.

Is it possible to drag and drop a row from a radgrid to a tree view, detect if the treenode has a parent id and if not do some server side processing (basically save the dragged rows ID against the treeview nodes ID.

The examples provided do not show this. This example:http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/treeview/examples/functionality/draganddropnodes/defaultcs.aspx

specifically DOES NOT show how to drag a grid row back to the tree view.

thanks

james
Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
13 answers
247 views

I have set a RadTreeView to be load on demand using web service method..

node.ExpandMode =

TreeNodeExpandMode.WebService;
[WebMethod]

 

 

public static RadTreeNodeData[] GetChildNodes(RadTreeNodeData node)

{
}

Works fine when clicking on expand cross.

How can i do same thing when single clicking on a tree node or auto expand a node when certain conditions apply.

 

Nikolay Tsenkov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
205 views
I have a radmenu populated from a sharepoint 2010 sitemap. I want to have a separator after each menu item.
Have tried the following post http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-3-x/designing-with-sitefinity/how-to-add-separator-in-sitemenu-when-generating-it-from-sitemapdatasource.aspx but it doesnt work . Maybe the post is not specific to SharePoint and SiteMap. Is there any way to add seperator after each menu item in th code behind if the items are read from SharePoint default sitemap?

Please advise


Kalina
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
97 views
Hi,

I m facing 2 problems with RadAjaxLoadingPanel
  • How to disable entire page using RadAjaxLoadingPanel on async postback with its IsSticky property to true?
  • RadAjaxLoadingPanel when it disabled ceratin portion my RadMenu always comes on top of Panel?
Do i have to solve this issue with CSS or Javascript?

Thanks in advance for helping...
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
4 answers
127 views
Hello ,

I am creating a RadSplitter into my page..I have a problem..I tried to create RadPanelBar into a RadPane of the Splitter but the problem is the direction of my RadPanelBar items..I set dir="rtl" into the RadPanelBar header and to the <td> that contain it but it still display my RadPanelBar items as "ltr" direction.

I heared that RaSplitter does not support "rtl" direction .. But the question is "If I created another control inside the splitter like the RadPanelBar item , The problem will still occure"


There is no solution to create RadPanelBar as "rtl" direction of its items inside a RadPane of the Splitter ??


Hope I explanied my self well and many thanks in advance for telerik support team or any other helper
Mahmoud
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
5 answers
691 views
Hi telerik team,
I have a OA system which has many pages (use frame, not masterpage),  it allowed user to choose skin which they like, and save it to database. When he login next time, system read the setting from database and set it to all the pages.
 
Above is what I want, but I have a problem:
first , I don't want to put the RadSkinManager to each page and write code " RadSkinManager.GetCurrent(this.Page).Skin=Session["UserSkin"]; "  on Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){} method,  because I have too many pages.
second: I don't want to put the RadSkinManager to an usercontrol, and drag it to every page.

Is there any other ways to implement my ideal, such as new a RadSkinManager in BasePage and let other pages inherit it ? Or let every control's skin property empty and change the default skin setting which was writen in web.config before page load ? Or some other way? How should I do ?

By the way, I write some code on Page_Load Method, it doesn't work....

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    Telerik.Web.UI.RadSkinManager skinManager = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadSkinManager();
    skinManager.Skin = "Forest";
}


Thanks very much.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
91 views
Hello

I am creating my own AdvancedInsertTemplate and AdvancedEditTemplate which use the RadDatePicker and RadTimePicker.

What style should I apply so that they look like the controls in the default Advanced Insert/Edit templates?

Where can I find the default CSS for the AdvancedEdit/Insert templates?

Regards,
Anthony
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
1 answer
116 views
Hi,

When using LoadOnDemand, if the text I type does not exist in the datasource, i do not want the item to be selected. So when you lose focus from combobox, it the text I typed is an invalid selection, it should either be cleared or the first match should be selected. If no first match found for what is entered, it should be blank..

Basically i don't want any values/text that is not in the list.

Btw, i found that in obout suite, does telerik support this?

Thanks.

sathish
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
2 answers
131 views
I have a RadGrid with a single row per record.  I wish to take the selected ID and populate a second grid control with extended data.  How do I access the row data that is selected from code behind?

I have an event that triggers when the person pushes select:

protected

 

 

void RadGrid1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)

 

{
}

The problem is I don't know how to access say the column named "FirstName"?  All I want to do is Debug write the first name selected to the console but I can't seem to get access.  I've tried various GridDataItem calls and conversions from code I can find on the web but nothing I found shows a simple straightforward way to traverse the row data selected.

Any help would be appreciated. :)
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 01 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?