Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
381 views
I am struggling with figuring out how to prevent an inner grid from triggering an ajaxmanager on a parent grid from repainting the parent grid..

1. The user loads the page.
---------(contains a grid,with expandable rows .. the rows have a tab control. tab 1=a form,  tab 2 = inventory list as a grid)
2.  The primary grid loads.
3.  The user clicks on a row - expands.
4.  The user then clicks on a tab (inventory) and a grid is displayed showing a list of items in another grid.
5.  The user clicks on the inventory grid in the tab to sort.
6.  The ajax seems to fire for the entire page instead of being limited tojust the innner grid in the tab control.

Any ideas?

Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
3 answers
181 views
Hello,

i have radgrid which has two bound columns and two template columns with radcombobox in edititemtemplate ..i've given the items their itself with values ...values to them will be coming from database.....my problem is that they r showing values which r coming directly from database .with out showing their text.. .

EX:-in the rad grid display  it is showing lvl1 instead of LEVEL1

Here is my code

<

telerik:RadGrid ID="grdCMS" runat="server" OnNeedDataSource="grdCMS_NeedDataSource"

 

 

AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnInsertCommand="grdCMS_Insert" OnItemCreated="grdCMS_ItemCreated"

 

 

OnItemDataBound="grdCMS_ItemDataBound" OnEditCommand="Editing"

 

 

OnDeleteCommand="grdCMS_Delete" OnItemCommand="grdCMS_ItemCommand" AllowSorting="true">

 

 

<MasterTableView CommandItemDisplay="Top" EditMode="InPlace" DataKeyNames="seqNo">

 

 

<Columns>

 

 

<telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UpdateText="Update" ButtonType="ImageButton" ></telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridDropDownColumn DataField="seqNo" ListTextField="seqNo" ListValueField="seqNo" ListDataMember="testcms"

 

 

UniqueName="seqNo" HeaderText="Sequence Number">

 

 

 

</telerik:GridDropDownColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="lvlqtn" HeaderText="Levelling Question" UniqueName="lvlqtn" >

 

 

 

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<HeaderTemplate>

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblhdryes" Text="Level If Yes" runat="server"></asp:Label>

 

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lbllvlyes" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("lvlyes") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

<EditItemTemplate>

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcblvlyes" runat="server" >

 

 

<Items>

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level1" Value="lvl1" />

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level2" Value="lvl2" />

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level3" Value="lvl3" />

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level4" Value="lvl4" />

 

 

</Items>

 

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 

</EditItemTemplate>

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

<HeaderTemplate>

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lblhdrlvlno" Text="Level If NO" runat="server"></asp:Label>

 

 

</HeaderTemplate>

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

<asp:Label ID="lbllvlno" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("lvlno") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

<EditItemTemplate>

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcblvlno" runat="server">

 

 

<Items>

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level1" Value="lvl1" />

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level2" Value="lvl2" />

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level3" Value="lvl3" />

 

 

<telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Level4" Value="lvl4" />

 

 

</Items>

 

 

</telerik:RadComboBox>

 

 

</EditItemTemplate>

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 

 

 

<telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete"

 

 

ButtonType="ImageButton" ConfirmText="Do u Want to Delete the row" ConfirmTitle="Confirmation" ConfirmDialogType="RadWindow"></telerik:GridButtonColumn>

 

 

</Columns>

 

 

</MasterTableView>

 

 

</telerik:RadGrid>


 

Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
1 answer
506 views
Hi !
I have a radgrid with a datasource creating dynamicaly.it means columns create programatically and add to radgrid,so before runtime it is not clear  number of columns or their names.
and some columns have header .it means a radgrid with 2 rows in header.
now i want to create a <table> with two <tr> and add columns header to <td>.
then add this <table> to GridTemplateColumn -> HeaderTemplate.
like this:
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateColumn" SortExpression="CompanyName"
                        InitializeTemplatesFirst="false">
                        <FooterTemplate>
                            Template column footer</FooterTemplate>
                        <FooterStyle VerticalAlign="Middle" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                        <HeaderTemplate>
                            <table id="Table1" cellspacing="0" style="width:240px;" class="myTable">
                                <tr>
                                    <td colspan="2" align="center">
                                        <b>Contact details</b></td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                    <td style="width: 50%">
<asp:LinkButton CssClass="Button" ID="btnContName" Text="Contact name" ToolTip="Sort by ContactName"
CommandName='Sort' CommandArgument='ContactName' runat="server" /></td>

                                    <td style="width: 50%">
<asp:LinkButton CssClass="Button" ID="btnContTitle" Text="Contact title" ToolTip="Sort by ContactTitle"
CommandName='Sort' CommandArgument='ContactTitle' runat="server" /></td>

                                </tr>
                            </table>
                        </HeaderTemplate>
                        <ItemTemplate>
                            <table cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="myTable">
                                <tr>
                                    <td style="width: 50%">
                                        <%# Eval("ContactName") %>
                                    </td>
                                    <td style="width: 50%">
                                        <%# Eval("ContactTitle") %>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </table>
                        </ItemTemplate>
                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" />
                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>


but this is in design time.i want create this in run time.(code behind)
how can i do this?

thanks.
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
0 answers
82 views
Sry - Moved to correct place....
Bernard Myers
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 03 Nov 2010
2 answers
166 views
Hi
I have radgrid which displays values in CSV format. But when there are many values the CSV string becomes too long and makes the column long as well. Is there any way in Radgrid using which I can break that line in multiple line?


Ex..

CSV1,CSV2,CSV3,CSV4,CSV5,CSV6


Desired..

CSV1,CSV2,CSV3
CSV4,CSV5,CSV6




Thanks
Parvez
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
3 answers
88 views
I am working on a CMS that tracks changes and I am having difficulty with the Radeditor returning consistent values. If I load the edit page that has the Content Property databound, and submit the form without changing anything, the returned content value is different. It seems to return the properties of a and img tags in different order than the one it was sent thus telling the system there was a change to the page when there wasn't one.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
1 answer
108 views
Hi,

I've this javascript:

function radwin_close(radWin) {

var objArg;
objArg = radWin.Argument;
document.getElementById("<%= txtPath.ClientID %>").value = objArg.Path
}

I'm calling this function on RadWindowManager: OnClientClose="radwin_close". I'm putting this as a user control, if I have 2 same user controls (1.ascx, 2.ascx) in the same page, in runtime, the page will generate 2 same function radwin_close(radWin). so how can i differentiate when i open radwindow from 1.ascx, it will call the 1.ascx javascript function?

Regards.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
1 answer
121 views

Well it could just be me not knowing when and how the ItemUpdated is fired but I’m really puzzled.


I have some simple custom objects set to the RadListView data source in NeedDataSource
In the EditTemplate I have an update command having the CommandName set to ‘Update’ when pressed it fires the ItemUpdating event but the ItemUpdated never fires?


My Edit, Delete and Insert events all fires as I expect.


Best Søren

Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
2 answers
145 views
Is there a limit to the number of functioning tabs on a tab strip in the trial version? I am trying to build a prototype using 3 tabs on a tab strip.  I have not purchased the full developer license yet.  The first and second tabs are functioning perfectly, but the 3rd tab will not work.  Please see code below.

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="TabContainer" runat="server" height="200px" 
                width="980px" BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth="0px">
    <div  id="DivTabs" style="position:relative;">
    <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="Bar4" runat="server" Height="32px" Width="987px" 
            BorderColor="White" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="2px"  
            style="z-index: 6000; position:relative; top: 0px; left: 5px;" 
            BackColor="#C3D9FF" >
        <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server"   
            MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1" Skin="Outlook" SelectedIndex="2" 
            ReorderTabsOnSelect="True" BackColor="#C3D9FF" 
            BorderColor="#ADC9F7" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="0px" Height="25px" 
            Width="900px" 
            style="z-index: 6001; left: 10px; top: 6px; position: absolute">  
            <Tabs>  
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" PageViewID="PageView1" Text="Daily" Selected="True">
                </telerik:RadTab>  
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" PageViewID="PageView2" Text="Weekly">  
                </telerik:RadTab>  
                <telerik:RadTab runat="server" PageViewID="PageView3" Text="ToDo's">  
                </telerik:RadTab>  
            </Tabs>  
        </telerik:RadTabStrip>  
         </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
        <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server" SelectedIndex="0"   
            Style="z-index: 5000; border: 0px solid #ADC9F7; margin-top: -65px;margin-left: 0; position: absolute;" Height="200" >  
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="PageView1" runat="server"><iframe id="MainFrame" runat="server" frameborder="0" height="2000" 
                    name="Events" scrolling="no" src="events.aspx" width="990"></iframe></telerik:RadPageView>  
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="PageView2" runat="server"><iframe id="WeekTab" runat="server" frameborder="0" height="2000" name="Events" 
                    scrolling="no" src="eventsweek.aspx" width="990"></iframe></telerik:RadPageView>  
            <telerik:RadPageView ID="Page3View" runat="server"><iframe id="ToDoTab" runat="server" frameborder="0" height="2000" 
                    name="Reminders" scrolling="no" src="events.aspx" width="988"></iframe></telerik:RadPageView>  
        </telerik:RadMultiPage>  
         
    </div> 
    </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

 

 

 

 

jeff cox
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
1 answer
238 views

I'm trying to use formatted RadToolTips in a RadScheduler.  I've implmented tooltips like those shown in the Examples (http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/scheduler/examples/radtooltip/defaultvb.aspx), but this approach is apparently limited to working with the properties of the appointment, and I need to work with columns from a database.

You can see an example of what I'm doing by:
1. Go to: http://comsimplicity.com/WLAC/ScheduleOfClasses.aspx
2. Select the first three checkboxes in the far right "PLANNER" column of the grid
3. Click on the "2 MyPlanner" tab, top center of page
4. This will open the MyPlanner page.  This has
   - a RadScheduler
   - a "Time: TBA" list to the right of the RadScheduler
5. Hover your mouse over the "ACCTG 002" item in the "Time: TBA" list
6. Hover over the "ACCTG 001" appointment in the RadScheduler, note the lack of formatting.

What we want is for the RadScheduler tooltips to look like the "Time: TBA" tooltips.

Can you can suggest an approach to this, or better yet, point me to an example of how this might be done?

(One thing we don't absolutely need is the AJAX which I got from the Example page.)

Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?