Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
15 answers
672 views
I'm looking for a tool that enhances the RTE and found radEditor that looks like something what I need. So today I downloaded the zip 4.4.0 and tried to install it but failed directly.

Run:
stsadm -o addsolution -filename RadEditorMOSS.wsp

Got this message:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
RadEditorMOSS.wsp: The Solution installation failed.


Where do I look for a solution?

Cheers,
Klaus
Hossein Jabbarzadeh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
4 answers
159 views
Hi Support,

In my application, I have a sequence where the following happens.  The user clicks a button.  A radconfirm message box containing a callback function executes which then potentially executes more code based on whether the user clicks OK or Cancel.  If OK then more servier side code executes.  If Cancel nothing more happens.  This is all working fine with only one problem exists which I'm trying to remedy.  The problem is I would like a "spinny" to work as the code executes since the code takes a long time to finish.   To do this, I imagined I would put code that would ajaxify a panel containing an animated gif.  For example(note, the Button is not shown):

Aspx

 

<asp:Panel ID="PanelLoadPlace" runat="server" style="padding-bottom:5px;">

 

 

<asp:Label ID="LabelSpacerForLoadingPanel" runat="server" Width="100px" Height="20px" />

 

 

</asp:Panel>

 

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="panelLoading" runat="server" Style="margin-top: 0px;"

 

 

HorizontalAlign="center" IsSticky="false" Transparency="30" InitialDelayTime="100"

 

 

MinDisplayTime="500">

 

 

<asp:Image ID="ImageLoading" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/loading.gif" BorderWidth="0px"

 

 

AlternateText="Loading..." />

 

 

</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>

 


C#

 

protected void Manager_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)

 

{

RadAjaxManager

 

.GetCurrent(Page).AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(Button, PanelLoadPlace, panelLoading);
}

However, this didn't work.  I tried placing the above line AddAjaxSetting line immediately after the RadConfirm and that didn't work either.  Any ideas?

Josh

 

Josh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
3 answers
110 views

Hi,

 

We are trying to use RadGrid to display results from SharePoint Search. We are using custom paging and getting  only 10 pages at any time.

 

We tried using Custom paging for Radgrid to get correct total count and pager.

 

Paging for sharepoint behaves in a different way and we need to change URL for pager links to get it working.

 

Current URL for any pager item is similar to below:

 

javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$m$g_97f5302f_eb53_4e7e_ad4d_174495682a37$ctl00$InvoicesGrid$ctl00$ctl03$ctl01$ctl05','')

 

We need to change it to something similar to below…

 

http://<sitename>/Sites/Search/Pages/results.aspx?k=ABC%3ALAB&start1=1

 

where start1 indicates the starting index of current page i.e  PageSize * PageIndex + 1

Thanks.

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
6 answers
142 views
Hi,
I'm using a RadTreeView like this:

<

 

telerik:RadTreeView ID="WebTreeFolders"

 

 

runat="server"

 

 

Height="100%"

 

 

CheckBoxes="True"

 

 

CheckChildNodes="true"

 

 

PersistLoadOnDemandNodes="false"

 

 

EnableViewState="false" >

 

 

 

<WebServiceSettings Path="Export.aspx" Method="GetNodeItems" />

 

 

</telerik:RadTreeView>

The treeview loads child node when expanded using a static page method, and eveything works fine but the following scenario:
1) A node which NOT expanded is checked.
2) that node is then expanded.
3) Upon expand, the child nodes are populated using a web service method.
4) child node appear un-selected, although their parent node is selected.

How can I overcome this?

 

Oren Halevi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
1 answer
177 views
Hi
How do I add CalendarExtender dynamically to a GridBoundColumn in EditMode?

Thank you
Neelima
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server"
     AllowSorting="True"  ShowGroupPanel="True" 
     AutoGenerateColumns="False"
          Skin="Sunset" AllowPaging="True">
<MasterTableView EditMode="InPlace" DataKeyNames="Trip_ID" GroupLoadMode="Client">
<CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf"></CommandItemSettings>
  
<RowIndicatorColumn>
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
</RowIndicatorColumn>
  
<ExpandCollapseColumn>
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
</ExpandCollapseColumn>
    <Columns>
      
        <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton">
        </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
          
            
          
       <telerik:GridBoundColumn HeaderText="Date" UniqueName="BoundDate"  DataField="Start_Dt"></telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
  
   </Columns>
  
<EditFormSettings>
<EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1"></EditColumn>
</EditFormSettings>
</MasterTableView>
  
        <GroupingSettings ShowUnGroupButton="True"  />
        <ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="True" allowcolumnsreorder="True" 
            columnsreordermethod="Reorder" reordercolumnsonclient="True"  AllowGroupExpandCollapse="True" >
             <ClientEvents OnRowContextMenu="RowContextMenu"></ClientEvents>
                       </ClientSettings>
          
  
    </telerik:RadGrid>
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
2 answers
116 views
Hi,
    I might be misunderstanding the use of ConfirmText on a GridButtonColumn, but if the user chooses "Cancel" then I would expect the ItemCommand event would not fire?  We have a grid with a Delete button seen here
<telerik:GridButtonColumn Text="Delete" CommandName="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton"
                    ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete this attachment?">
                    <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
 
The code for performing the delete occurs in the ItemCommand event.  Unfortunately no matter what the user chooses (both Ok or Cancel) the event still fires performing the delete.  Is this the correct behavior?  If so, is there an argument I can grab from the GridCommandEventArgs to determine if the user select Ok or Cancel?

Thanks,
Mike
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
11 answers
139 views
Hello,

I want to drag mouse over time-slot to select long time-slot can is this be possible ?? if yes how ??

for e.g.: If I drag mouse from 9:00AM to 1:00PM and on enter it should open insert/edit page., is it possible ?

Thank You!
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
1 answer
218 views
I have a page with a RadListView Control:

    <telerik:RadListView ID="rlv_Responses" runat="server" DataKeyNames="IDTicketsResponses" 
        DataSourceID="sds_Responses" Skin="WebBlue" BorderColor="#5A7594" 
               BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px" Width="400px">
    <AlternatingItemTemplate>
        <div class="rlvA">
            <table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" 
                style="border: thin solid #293852; padding: 10px; width: 100%">
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px">
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_EnteredDate" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("EnteredDate") %>' />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px">
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_FullName" runat="server" style="font-weight: 700; color: #597791" Text='<%# Eval("FullName") %>' />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px">
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_Response" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Response") %>' />
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_TicketsResponses" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("IDTicketsResponses") %>' />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px">
                        <asp:Button ID="SelectButton" runat="server" CommandName="Select" Text="Details" />
                        <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>
                                      
        </div>
    </AlternatingItemTemplate>
    <InsertItemTemplate>
    </InsertItemTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
        <div class="rlvI">
            <table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" 
                style="border: thin solid #293852; padding: 10px; width: 100%; background-color: #E6E6E6;">
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px;">
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_EnteredDate0" runat="server" 
                            Text='<%# Eval("EnteredDate") %>' />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px;">
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_FullName0" runat="server" 
                            style="font-weight: 700; color: #597791" Text='<%# Eval("FullName") %>' />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px;">
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_Response0" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Response") %>' />
                        <asp:Label ID="lbl_TicketsResponses0" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("IDTicketsResponses") %>' />
                    </td>
                </tr>
                <tr>
                    <td style="padding: 5px;">
                        <asp:Button ID="SelectButton" runat="server" CommandName="Select" Text="Details" /><asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
                             
                          
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </table>
        </div>
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EmptyDataTemplate>
        <div class="RadListView RadListView_Default">
            <div class="rlvEmpty">
                There are no items to be displayed.</div>
        </div>
    </EmptyDataTemplate>
    <LayoutTemplate>
        <div class="RadListView RadListView_Default">
            <div ID="itemPlaceholder" runat="server">
            </div>
        </div>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <SelectedItemTemplate>
        <div class="rlvISel">
             <asp:Label ID="lbl_EnteredDate1" runat="server" 
                Text='<%# Eval("EnteredDate") %>' />
             <asp:Label ID="lbl_FullName1" runat="server" 
                Text='<%# Eval("FullName") %>' />
             <asp:Label ID="lbl_Response1" runat="server" 
                Text='<%# Eval("Response") %>' />
             <asp:Label ID="lbl_TicketsResponses1" runat="server"
                Text='<%# Eval("IDTicketsResponses") %>' />
        </div>
    </SelectedItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadListView>

Because I need to get the value of the DataKey from the list view I need to open a RadWindow during the ItemCommand Event in the code behind:

Protected Sub RadListView1_ItemCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RadListViewCommandEventArgs) Handles rlv_Responses.ItemCommand
       If e.CommandName = RadListView.SelectCommandName Then
           Dim item As RadListViewDataItem = TryCast(e.ListViewItem, RadListViewDataItem)
           Dim IDTicketsResponses As String = item.GetDataKeyValue("IDTicketsResponses").ToString()
           Session("IDTicketsResponses") = IDTicketsResponses
           Dim scriptstring As String = "radopen('helpdesk_tickets_respond_edit.aspx', 'EditResponse');"
           RadAjaxManager1.ResponseScripts.Add(String.Format("refreshGrid('{0}')", "Server Response!"))
           ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(Me, Me.[GetType](), "radopen", scriptstring, True)
       End If
   End Sub

Before adding the ListView control to the ASPX page, I used to open the window from the ASPX page using Java:

    <telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
        <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
            function getQuerystring(key, default_) {
                if (default_ == null) default_ = "";
                key = key.replace(/[\[]/, "\\\[").replace(/[\]]/, "\\\]");
                var regex = new RegExp("[\\?&]" + key + "=([^&#]*)");
                var qs = regex.exec(window.location.href);
                if (qs == null)
                    return default_;
                else
                    return qs[1];
            }
            function AddResponse() {
                var param1 = getQuerystring('IDTicket');
                var param2 = getQuerystring('IDRequestor');
                var oWnd = radopen("helpdesk_tickets_respond.aspx?IDTicket=" + param1 + "&IDRequestor=" + param2, "UserListDialog");
                return false;
            }
            function refreshGrid(arg) {
                if (!arg) {
                    $find("<%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>").ajaxRequest("Rebind");
                }
            }
</script>
    </telerik:RadCodeBlock>

And close the RadWindow that was opened with this Java:

<script type="text/javascript">
    function Close(args) {
        GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.refreshGrid(args);
        GetRadWindow().close();
    }
    function GetRadWindow() {
        var oWindow = null;
        if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow; //Will work in Moz in all cases, including clasic dialog
        else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow; //IE (and Moz as well)
        return oWindow;
    }
    function CancelEdit() {
        GetRadWindow().close();
    }
       </script>


When I used the ASPX page and java to open the window and then closed the window, the java did a great job of calling the RadAjaxManager and refreshing my ListView.

Now when I open the window from the VB code behind, the RadAjaxManager is no longer called when the pop up window is closed.

How can I ensure that the the RadAjaxManager fires when the pop up window closes even though the pop up is opened from the code behind?

I hope this was not TOO confusing. :)




Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
5 answers
585 views
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to have a RadGrid in RadGrid. Previously, I was able to do something similar where I had a DataList within a RadGrid column like so:

 

 

<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Keys" DataField="Keys">

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

<asp:DataList ID="DataList1" runat="server" DataSource='<%# Eval("Keys") %>'>

 

 

 

<ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Number") %>'></asp:Label>

 

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

</asp:DataList>

 

 

 

</ItemTemplate>

 

 

 

</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

 


Note, in this code, I used data binding with the DataSource property in DataList. I was thinking I could so something similar with RadGrid. However, I just realized that RadGrid has no DataSource property.

Has anyone ever tried putting a RadGrid in a column in another RadGrid? Is there a way to do it, or is this a known limitation?

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
7 answers
178 views
Hello ALL,

              I have Rad Grid on page, now i need to apply inline edit functionality for grid,can you please suggest me how can i achieve edit/update functionality for grid?

Thanks
Kaushal
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?