Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
161 views

Hello dear

I Want to use RadWindow in a FormApplication atasp.net.

In my Parent form i used Radwindow to open child window

then in the child i want to open another window.

by search Telerik Website i find this code

var oManager = GetRadWindow().get_windowManager();
  var oWindow = oManager.open(..., "NewWindow");
oWindow.setSize(860, 600);
oWindow.center();

and it work well.But when i submit 2nd form in not work.

i use Window Manager in 2nd form but the new form open inside that form.

How can i response this job but Serversite code? or how i desolve this problem?

mohammad farahani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Nov 2010
4 answers
703 views
Hello,

I'd downloaded the sample code of Iana posted on June 10 from http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/window/window-as-dialog-return-value-in-radgrid-edit-form-template.aspx.  I was able to post back and update the value in the RadNumericTextBox inside the RadGrid control.  However, when I click the Save button on the Insert command, the Required Field validator of the RadNumericTextBox is always failed eventhough the value is set (via set_value method on client side).  I need to make sure the value in the RadNumericTextBox is not empty and is greater than 0. Does any body have experienced this issue as I have?  When I used a regular asp.net textbox, the validator is working fine, but it would be nice if I can use the RadNumbericTextBox in the radgrid in my application.  Could you please tell me what is causing the validator failed here?  Thanks!

Below is my client side code.   I am using RadControls Q1 2009 version.

function ShowUpdateQuantityWin(quantityTxtBxId, nbrPersTextBxId, quantityList) {  
                window.radopen("UpdateQuantity.aspx?quantityList=" + quantityList + "&quanId=" + quantityTxtBxId + "&persId=" + nbrPersTextBxId, "quantityRadWindow");  
                var quantityTxtBx = $find(quantityTxtBxId);   
                quantityTxtBx._textBoxElement.readOnly = false;                  
                return false;  
            }  
 
            function OnQuantityWindowClose(oWnd) {  
                //get the transferred arguments  
                var arg = oWnd.argument;  
                if (arg) {  
                    // alert("arg info: " + arg.quantity + "-" + arg.nbrOfPers + " " + arg.quanId + " " + arg.nbrPersId);  
                    $get('<%=nbrOfPersonsHF.ClientID %>').value = arg.nbrOfPers;  
                    $get(arg.nbrPersId).innerHTML = arg.nbrOfPers;  
                      
                    $get('<%=quantityHF.ClientID %>').value = arg.quantity;  
 
                    $get('<%=quantityListHF.ClientID %>').value = arg.quantityList;  
 
                    var quantityRadTxtBx = $find(arg.quanId);  
                    quantityRadTxtBx.set_value(arg.quantity);                          
                    quantityRadTxtBx._textBoxElement.readOnly  
    }


Arash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Nov 2010
1 answer
110 views
Hello,

I would like to highlight multiple dates in the calendar to represent days that that have user events associated with them. (I'm pulling the event dates from a database. ) 

I've played around with adding the dates to the SelectedDates collection, but I don't think that's what I want, because I also want the user to be able to click on a different date that doesn't have an event and route the user to a different page with the selected date.

I've also played around with adding the dates to a Special Days collection, but it seems like overkill because I don't really need a full template for this purpose, just a different style for these days.

What's the recommended way of doing this?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2010
2 answers
269 views
Can't understand why RadAjaxManager's ClientEvents are not fired when Ajax post back is initiated by ajaxifyed usercontrol. Please see the following test project:
default.aspx:
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager runat="server" ID="ScriptManager1">
    <Scripts>
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.Core.js" />
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQuery.js" />
        <asp:ScriptReference Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Common.jQueryInclude.js" />
    </Scripts>
</asp:ScriptManager>
<telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManager1">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="SubmitBtn">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="TextItemView" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
    <ClientEvents OnResponseEnd="OnAjaxRequestStop" />
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>
<telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
</telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel>
 
<script type="text/javascript">
    function OnAjaxRequestStop(sender, args) {
        alert('OnAjaxRequestStop');
    }
</script>
 
<div>
    Test project    <br /><br />
    <hr />
    <WW:TextItem runat="server" ID="TextItemView" />
    <hr />
    <br />
    <asp:Button ID="SubmitBtn" runat="server" Text="Submit" />
    <br />
    When you click on outer submit btn OnAjaxRequestStop event fires as expected (see alert msg).<br />
    When you click on inner submit btn client side event funtion is not called but ajax postback is innitiated...
</div>
</form>

usercontrol TextItem.ascx:
<%@ Control Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="TextItem.ascx.cs" Inherits="TextItem" %>
User control content: <br />
<asp:Label runat="server" ID="Counter" /> <br />
<asp:Button ID="InnerSubmitBtn" runat="server" Text="Control's Submit" OnClick="Btn_OnClick" />

That is pretty much it, when I click InnerSubmitBtn,OnAjaxRequestStop function is not being called. But Ajax request happens (I check it using counter label that is incremented in OnClick method). Please let me know where is my assumptions are wrong. The task is: I need to know when ajax request ends when InnerSubmitBtn is clicked.

Thank you,
Denis.
Denis
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2010
1 answer
84 views
Hi there,
Is it possible to set up the grid as to have minimum width 100% of the container width.
Something like:
- in case the grid is larger than the container than the latter will horizontally scroll.
- in case the grid is narrower than the container than it shouild fill the container somehow (either one of the columns will be configured to take the rest of the space or maybe columns will all have percentage widths
Or any other suggestion?
Thanks
Iulian
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2010
1 answer
983 views
Hi,

I have a Header and detail table, I have set the page size for the grid when loading the data. This paging is applying for the detail tables also. in my scenario i do not want paging in the detail table. How do i remove paging for the detail table

Jidesh
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Nov 2010
4 answers
74 views
I have a master page and want to put the RadAjaxManager on this page, so that when needed
by content pages that it is avalable. When a content page is loaded that dose not require the
script manager or radajaxmanager, I do not want the script manager producing and scripts, this
would mean that for content pages that dont need it, there is no impact on loading that page, it
would be that the scriptmanager or radajax never existed.

I know I could put the script manager and radajaxmanager on only thet page but I have other pages
with 2 or more content sections that require radajaxmanager.

So what I am looking for is a way to be able to turn on and off the script manager and hide there presents by
program code ?

Thanks Keith
erato
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2010
0 answers
50 views
I posted this thread with the account of my company who bought the whole Telerik package. (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/367661-paging-problem-in-the-detail-tables-of-an-autogenerated-hierarchy-grid.aspx)

Regards.
julien test
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Nov 2010
0 answers
148 views
Hi,

The RadListBox demo on the telerik website, the type ahead feature is working properly, but on my environment it is not working, I copied the same code from the example, can any one have idea, if I need to do anything special, which is not on website.

Thanks
srinath chakilam
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Nov 2010
2 answers
152 views
So they'd like me to create an application where the files from a particular network folder populate into some kind of box with checkboxes, so they can select as many as they'd like and upload them to our sql database (I know).

The only thing I coudl think of from your suite of products was a combobox, since the fileexplorer doesn't have checkboxes or the ability to select files from within the explorer window and upload them all at once.

Is there anyway I can populate th ecombobox with files from a folder? This way they'd be able to select them with the checkboxes and I could handle the sql upload in codebehind. If this isn't possible or more work than it's worth (which i think it is) please let me know.
fred williams
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?