Hello fred williams,
Your assumption is correct - there is no straightforward way to bind a RadComboBox to a list of files on a shared folder.
In case you are interested in just seeing how a possible 'implementation-plan' would look here are the basic steps you need to do to achieve the goal:
- Create a list (most conveniently an array) of all files that you need to display (here is a short sample of how to do that).
- Visualize the data in a suitable manner. You have two options:
- Define a RadComboBox ItemTemplate that will consist of a CheckBox and a Label in its simplest form. Here is an example of such a Template in action.
- (Alternative) You can use another control, which supports CheckBox internally so you will not need to define anything additional, as RadListBox. Here is a demo showing CheckBoxes in action.
- Iterate through the checked Items and store their text/values in the data base.
So, you can use RadComboBox with a bit of additional code and markup or directly bind a RadListBox with CheckBoxes enabled to the underlying array.
I hope this info help you make the decision.
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans?
Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed?
Telerik Public Issue Tracking
system and vote to affect the priority of the items