Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
374 views
I'm new to ASP.NET, so bear with me.

I'm trying to implement a Captcha control.  Following the instructions in your demo I added the control, activated the handlers via the smart tags in web.config, set a couple of properties and tried to test.  The application failed with the error:

'System.InvalidOperationException = {"'~/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd' is missing in web.config. RadScriptManager requires a HttpHandler registration in web.config. Please, use the control Smart Tag to add the handler automatically, or see the help for more information: Controls > RadScript.'

Previous code has already added an HTTP Handler with the same path and verb.  My HTTPHandlers section looks like:
    <httpHandlers>
      <remove verb="*" path="*.asmx" />
      <add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource, Telerik.Web.UI" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
      <add path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" verb="*" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" validate="false" />
      <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.CaptchaImageHandler" verb="*" validate="false" />
    </httpHandlers>

This means that the last Handler wins (or so I understand from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7d6sws33.aspx ).  Reversing the order of these handlers gives me an error relating to the loading of the captcha control itself.

so: 
1) What am I doing wrong if anything?
2) Is the 2nd path as shown above correct? If not what should it be? If it is, can I combine these two statements and if so how?

Hitesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
179 views
Hi,
I am adding couple of buttons in a panel (Panel1) in default.aspx, I want to ajaxify the application by setting these dynamic buttons as triggers to update panel3 and Panel 4 in default.aspx page. I used following approach, but it didnot help. Can someone point  me what I am missing.
Thanks,
Prava


 

Panel
  
   
  
  
  
drilPanel = (Panel)WIMProject.ParentPage.FindControl("DrillBtnsPanel");
for
  
   
  
(int i = 0; i < rows.Count; i++) 
   
  
{
  
   
  
  
  
Button drillButton = new Button(); 
   
  
drillButton.ID = rows[i][
  
  
  
"relatename"].ToString(); 
   
  
drillButton.Text = rows[i][
  
  
  
"relatename"].ToString(); 
   
  
drillButton.CssClass = 
  
  
  
"DrillBtn"; 
   
  
drillButton.Click+=
  
  
  
new EventHandler(DrillButton_Click); 
   
  
drillPanel.Controls.Add(drillButton);
  
   
  
   
  
  
  
   
  
Panel dataEditPanel = (Panel)WIMProject.ParentPage.FindControl("DataEditPanel"); 
   
  
   
  
  
  
Panel drillCounterPanel = (Panel)WIMProject.ParentPage.FindControl("DrillCounterPanel"); 
   
  
   
  
  
  
// Create the ajax setting 
   
  
  
  
Telerik.Web.UI.
  
AjaxSetting searchAjaxSetting = new Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxSetting(); 
   
  
searchAjaxSetting.AjaxControlID = drillButton.UniqueID;
  
   
  
  
  
// Create the updated control 
   
  
  
  
Telerik.Web.UI.
  
AjaxUpdatedControl searchUpdatedControl = new Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxUpdatedControl(); 
   
  
searchUpdatedControl.ControlID = dataEditPanel.UniqueID;
  
   
  
  
  
// Create the updated control 
   
  
  
  
Telerik.Web.UI.
  
AjaxUpdatedControl searchUpdatedControl2 = new Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxUpdatedControl(); 
   
  
searchUpdatedControl2.ControlID = drillCounterPanel.UniqueID;
  
   
  
   
  
  
  
// Add the updated control to the setting 
   
  
  
  
searchAjaxSetting.UpdatedControls.Add(searchUpdatedControl);
  
   
  
// Add the updated control to the setting 
   
  
  
  
searchAjaxSetting.UpdatedControls.Add(searchUpdatedControl2);
  
   
  
// Add the setting to the ajax manager 
   
  
  
  
   
  
RadAjaxManager radAjaxManager1 = (RadAjaxManager)WIMProject.ParentPage.FindControl("RadAjaxManager1"); 
   
  
radAjaxManager1.AjaxSettings.Add(searchAjaxSetting);

 

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
2 answers
80 views
Hi,

I want to remove the raddateinput validation image(with an "!" mark) which displays inside the input box when user input an invalid date, since i am using a custom validator.I want to remove that feature. Is there any way to do so?

Thanks !
Prasad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
2 answers
274 views
Hi
How can I find Selected Row in telerik grid

How Can i selected perticular row

Suggest me the event name for selected row  in telerik rad grid control




  
samarth
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
2 answers
104 views
Hello,

I was trying to sort items while LoadOnDemand property set to true.
I put the SortItems() method inside the ItemsRequested event handler and set the Sort="Ascending" but nothing happend.
do i miss something?

I would like to sort the items during i load on demand is true.

Thanks
Oren
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
2 answers
141 views
How do I hide the label on the autogenerated edit form?  Here's my code, It hide's the textbox but not the label in fornt of the textbox.

'Hide the planID on the automatic edit form
        If TypeOf e.Item Is GridEditFormItem AndAlso e.Item.IsInEditMode Then
        Dim editItem As GridEditFormItem = DirectCast(e.Item, GridEditFormItem)
        Dim txtbxPlanID As TextBox = DirectCast(editItem("PlanID").Controls(0), TextBox)
        txtbxPlanID.Visible = False
        End If

Can I add validation to the autogenerated edit form?

Also, does anyone have a recent code sample for using an external control as an edit form. I have tried to follow this along but I get confused because I am using a sql data source and a clean example with a standard datastore would help me learn much more.

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/usercontroleditform/defaultcs.aspx
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
3 answers
154 views
Hi,

I am using your RadWindow control to implement several types of popup windows.  They work fine, but after the user has closed the popup it is automatically redisplayed if the user clicks the Back button to return to the previous web page.

How can I prevent RadWindow popups from being redisplayed when the user clicks the Back button?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
80 views
Hello,

a RadGrid has 2 columns,
Title and Address
and I want to get back results if Title Equals to some string OR if Address equals to some other string. But all I can achieve with "normal" filter is only if the Title equls to some string AND if Address equals to some other string.
How would I force RadGrid to show me results using OR instead of AND between filters? And I would like to be able to "change" that behavior from the UI. Is it possible?

Regards
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
4 answers
393 views
hi,
anybody give me sample example where i am able to learn how can i save radgrid data to database directly with javascript .
here i am using a dropdown textbox and label for my redgrid.
Thanks
Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
330 views
Hello,
 I have seen the basic filter on grid as shown in example http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/generalfeatures/filtering/defaultcs.aspx 

I have to implement the same filtering but with some modification. I want that Filter Text Box will appear on the Column Name (Header) of the Grid.
Mean to say that whenever the end user make double click on the Header of the Grid; the Header Got convert into the Textbox & this textbox will start work as the filter with the Auto suggest for the particular header data.

 Whenver user type say "Tel" in the text box the Gird start showing all the records having "Tel" & when the user type "Tele" at the same moment the Gird data go filtered. Means Filtering at the time of the Text Change of the Textbox filter.


Please let me know how to achieve the same.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!
Radoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?