Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
130 views
Hi,

We are attempting to use Telerik's built in jquery to do nothing more than write in content from an external URL.

We have the script manager and references in place as outlined here http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/using-jquery.html

However, it isnt working. Its pretty simple -

<div id="agenda"></div>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
     $telerik.$("agenda").append("http://www.ncvhonline.com/AgendaFeed.aspx?EID=1");
    </script>

The URL inside the append returns a simple table. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
7 answers
161 views
In my charts I have a lot of data points and IE pops up a "Script unresponsive" popup box. I thought there were a lot of items in the 'map' so I removed tooltips and IE popped up just fine with no unresponsive issues.

While not being a huge fan of IE - Corporate world loves it, so... I was wondering if there were any tricks to getting IE to deal with a large collection of tooltips for a chart without throwing popups making my application look like it's doing something wrong.
[I'm actually held up in QA because of this]

I appreciate any input, but I've already ruled out "Don't use tooltips". :-D
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
97 views
I currently have a radgrid with 6 columns.  When the user chooses to Edit the row they are able to edit columns 4-6.  If the user selects to insert a new row they may edit columns 1-6.  Can someone help me understand how to do this?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
586 views
Folks,

Using Radgrid for Asp.net Ajax 2010 V2 with VStudio 2008 SP1.

My question is that how can I conditionally hide a Table Row (in this example: <tr id = "tr2">) that is declared within a Grid Template column. Preferrably within item data bound event if certain conditions are not met based on Other Grid Data. Below is my Template declarations. Thanks

gc_0620 

<columns>
<telerik:="TemplateColumn1"  HeaderStyle-ForeColor="BurlyWood" HeaderText=" Template Column"
                                    DataField="First Name">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <table style="width: 100%; table-layout: auto; border-collapse: collapse;">
                                            <colgroup>
                                    <col />
                                    <col />
                                    <col />
                                    <col />
                                </colgroup>
                                            <tr id = "tr1">
                                                <td>
                                                 tr1 - A   
                                            
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                 tr1 - B   
                                                 </td>
                                                <td>
                                                   tr1 - C
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                  tr1 - D   
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
                            <tr id = "tr2">
                                                <td>
                                                 tr2 - A   
                                            
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                 tr2 - B   
                                                 </td>
                                                <td>
                                                   tr2 - C
                                                </td>
                                                <td>
                                                  tr2 - D   
                                                </td>
                                            </tr>
  
                                             
                                        </table>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
</columns>
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
150 views
Can you please show me how to reduce the height of the Client Name ComboBox to look like the Service Type dropdownlist in the attached file?  I figured out how to shrink down the font but that's as far a I could get.

Thanks

 

.RadComboBox_Web20,
.RadComboBox_Web20 .rcbInput,
.RadComboBoxDropDown_Web20
{
    font:11px/16px "Arial", Vedana, sans-serif!important;
    color: #000;
}
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
3 answers
257 views
Hi guy,
 
I have this error

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The 'EnableEmbeddedSkins' property cannot be set declaratively.

Source Error:

Line 23: <telerik:RadMultiPage SkinId="RadMultiPage" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" CssClass="MultiPage"></telerik:RadMultiPage>

I used Q2 2010 Trial

why?

Please Help me...

All the best
Rodrigo

Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
115 views
I have a grid that I am populating with a few empty columns.  I need the client to make sure that each field is complete before I append the records to a new table.

How can I make sure that each field in each row is not null before I append the records. Some sort of validation on button click?  Need a start before I research.

Thanks in advance.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
6 answers
197 views
We are currently using Scriptaculous slider and want to replace it with radslider, as we are using radcontrols in all other scenarios.
I can't seem to find any way to make a draggable slider as in our previous implementation (see screenshot). We want to be able to size the range, and drag the entire range.
Allen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
3 answers
380 views
Hi, 

I have a hyper link column in my radgrid and I use <href=" "> for that. Its a "Remove" hyperlink  which when clicked should delete the particular row on the client side. How can I access the cell of the column where the hyperlink is clicked. I tried to set the onclick event of the hyperlink to a function where I set the command name as Remove and in the Onrowselected event I check for the condition if the command="Remove" and then delete the row but this doesn't work as the Onrowselected event doesn't fire when I click on the hyperlink. When I click the hyperlink it just goes to the Onclick event of that and stops there. 

I need a way to call the Onrowselected event when I click the hyperlink(href link) or if that is not possible then I need to delete the row in the Onclick client event of the hyperlink and for that I should be able to access the particular cell of the row.

FYI: I need to delete the rows on client side and I use the html href for the hyperlink as I had some issues using the telerik hyperlink column.

<Telerik:GridTemplalteColumn UniqueName="Remove">
<ItemTemplate>
<a href="javascript:void(0);" OnClick=OnRemove();> <u>Remove</u> </a>
</ItemTemplate>
</Telerik:GridTemplalteColumn >

function OnRemove()
{
command="Remove";
}

function OnRowSelected(){
//functionality to get the grid and delete the row here
}

Please suggest a way to do this.

Thank you,
Vik

getset
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Nov 2010
2 answers
236 views
Good day,

I have an issue, I'm trying to hide a pair of labels in the grid binding process however the following code doesn't work
//item is about to select
       if ((e.Item is GridDataItem && !(!(e.Item is GridEditFormInsertItem) && e.Item.IsInEditMode)) && !((e.Item.OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted && e.Item is GridEditFormInsertItem)))
       {
           GridDataItem item = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
           Label label = (Label)item["Encargado2"].FindControl("LabelEncargado2");
           label.Visible = false;
           Label label2 = (Label)item["Email2"].FindControl("Email2");
           label2.Visible = false;
           label.Parent.Parent.Visible = false;<- This is my problem (it doesn't work!!)
           label2.Parent.Parent.Visible = false;
 
       }

And the code behind: 
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn  UniqueName="Encargado2" DataField="Encargado2" HeaderText="Encargado2"
          ForceExtractValue="InEditMode" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" >  
                 <ItemTemplate>
                 <asp:Label ID="LabelEncargado2" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("Encargado2") %>'></asp:Label>
             </ItemTemplate>
         </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>  
    
      <telerik:GridTemplateColumn  UniqueName="Email2" DataField="Email2" HeaderText="Email2"
          ForceExtractValue="InEditMode" ConvertEmptyStringToNull="true" >  
                 <ItemTemplate>
                 <asp:Label ID="Email2" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("Email2") %>' Visible="false"></asp:Label>
             </ItemTemplate>
         </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 

I pretend both edit them in the GridEditFormItem event and insert them in the GridEditFormInsertItem event however I don't need to display them when I'm loading the grid the first time.
Any suggestion??
Thanks in advance!!
All the Best,
William
william
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?