Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
271 views
Some skins (WebBlue, for example) have alternating colour rows enabled by default, others (including Office2007) don't.

Is it possible in a App_Theme's .skin file to enable alternating colours if the Skin setting for the RadGrid is one for which the alternating colours are usually disabled?

-- 
Stuart
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
2 answers
62 views
I have 3 GridNumericColumns and 2 GridCalculated columns.  For the 1st calculated column, it is the product of GridNumericColumn1 and GridNumericColumn2.  What I need for the second GridCalculated column is to take the product of GridNumericColumn1 and GridNumericColumn2 and multitply that by 1 minus the value that is in GridNumericColumn3.  So if GridNumeric1 was 500 and GridNumeric2 was 10 and GridNumeric3 was 0.80, the calculation would be (500)*(10)*(1-0.8).  When I put the value 1 in the expression (1-0.8), it thinks I'm referring to column1, but I want this to be the number 1.  How would I go about doing this?  Thanks.
Kathy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
91 views
I'm doing some tests, and am having a problem with RestrictionZoneID.

When a RadWindow is opened in a window smaller than the actual RadWindow, the RadWindow is up, or I lose the option of moving the RadWindow.

I'm also using the Scheduler and this problem does not happen!
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
88 views
I have a RadRating control including in a RadGrid column defined as an ItemTemplate.
How do I dynamically add the RadRatingItem at runtime?

I have done this no problem on a single control, but what event can I capture that enables me to add the items to each RadRating created?
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
112 views
The radalert prompt and confirm the RestrictionZoneID no respect!
Since the windows work perfectly.

How do I fix this?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
137 views
Hi Telerik,

I'm using RadGrid and binding my grid on client side, I have some template fields and i want to use InstantiateIn, but my question is can i use InstantiateIn on client side, if so then how?, please reply.

Thanks,
ASAD
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
147 views
Hello Telerik Team,

I have a dynamic grid on a page, whose fields are taking from database. In order to keep its structure, I need to regenerate the grid at each post back. Like,
--------------------------------
RadGrid radGridDynamic = new RadGrid();

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
        if (!IsPostBack)
        {
          
        }
        radGridDynamic = dynamicRadGridBLL.GenerateRadGrid("Company");
        PlaceHolder1.Controls.Add(radGridDynamic);
}

Is there any way to keep the structure alive at each post back?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
1 answer
62 views
Hi Guys:
Two time recently, I have been developing a feature and I have been burned by the Telerik Demo web site.  I find a demo that fits my needs and I try to get it working, and I can not get it to work all the way.  Come to find out that my current Telerik dll is the issue.  I have no idea how much time I have wasted on these two features.  Can you please add to your demos, what release this feature was added.
Phil
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
4 answers
297 views
Group,
I have a radgrid using the built in add/insert/delete functionality.  However, I am using a usercontrol in my edit form.  The Insert command and cancel command work fine, but if I click to edit a record and then click the update button it delets the record instead of updating it.  I am using the following code which I found here.

<asp:Button ID="btnUpdate" Text='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "Insert" : "Update" %>'
    runat="server" CommandName='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "PerformInsert" : "Update" %>'>
</asp:Button>
<asp:Button ID="btnCancel" Text="Cancel" runat="server" CausesValidation="False"
    CommandName="Cancel"></asp:Button>


Any help is greatly appreciated!
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
3 answers
207 views

I found an interesting issue that I think may be a bug.  I have a web page that displays a simple edit form with a textbox, a Telerik Modal popup window and a dropdown.  All three have a required field validator.  The problem I found is that when you open the modal popup window and then close it (doesn't matter whether you select an item or not) and then hit the Save button (leaving one or both of the other required fields empty) thus firing the required field validator and causing a validation error (all client-side validation) and then click the Cancel button, you get the following error:

Line: 122
Error: 'parentNode' is null or not an object

It's referring to code in the Telerik.Web.UI.ModalExtender prototype in the "hide" function:

hide:function(){
 this
 ._restoreTab();
 this
 ._attachWindowHandlers(false);
 var
 _15=this._backgroundElement;
 if
 (_15){
 _15.parentNode.removeChild(_15);
this
 ._backgroundElement=null;
 }
}

 

 

The outerHTML of the object "_15" is as follows:

"<DIV style="Z-INDEX: 10000; POSITION: absolute; FILTER: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Alpha(style=0,opacity=50); BACKGROUND-COLOR: #aaaaaa; WIDTH: 1653px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 915px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px; opacity: .5; mozOpacity: .5" class=TelerikModalOverlay unselectable="on"></DIV>"

As a side note, if you open the modal popup window, and close it and then click Cancel (without firing the validation event) everything works fine.  However, it also fails (same error) if you leave a field empty, click Save causing a validation error, then fill in the all of the fields and click Save again (validation passes), but you get the same error.

Oh, and using DestroyOnClose is not an option as they may need to open the popup a second time.  This fixes the problem stated above but does not allow the use to open the popup after they close it.

Any ideas on the problem here?  Is it a bug in Telerik or am I doing something wrong? 

Thanks,
Bob

 

 

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2010
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?