Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
88 views
I have a ASP.NET Framework 4.0 web application that has a RadAjaxManager in the Master Page, and uses the AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSettings in the On PreRender method of the content page to load the Ajax settings.
I have two content placeholders One for a naviagation bar on the left, and one for content on the right.
The navigation bar is populated with a series of buttons and each button dynamically removes any previously loaded user control, and loads the user control associated with the button clicked. Every web user control that is added consists of multiple rad controls such as a tab strip and multi-page with more rad controls in the page view, etc.

Everything works perfectly for Firefox and Chrome, but in IE 9, when a button is clicked, I get a flicker of the background and after the control is loaded, none of the rad controls click events work.

I am using the latest Rad Controls for ASP.NET AJAX for ASP.NET 4.0.
I tried the 3.5 version previously.

Unfortunately, we use IE as our standard browser.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you,
    Chuck




License Developer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
2 answers
120 views
Hi,

I am using RadFilterDateFieldEditor as custom field editor for date fields. I just want show the date in the filter texbox when you select the date from the datepicker. How do I do that? Is their any proprty that I can use?

Thanks,
Raji

Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
1 answer
68 views
In IE 6 and 7, all buttons and Images scroll down ie they are moving with the scroll bar and mouse pointer. This works fine in IE 8 and Firefox.
We are using the latest version of telerik i.e v.2011.2.712.40.

What can be the reason for this?
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
3 answers
107 views
Hi,

I am planning to purchase the Telerik ASP.NET Ajax suite but was not sure whether to buy the $999 one which offers free 1 year upgrades or to buy the $799 one which is the same except for the 1 year upgrade part.

For me to decide this I would like to know what features are coming in next 1 year.

Can anyone help.

Thanks,
- Manoj

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
1 answer
82 views

Hi

Can i show the sum of all the series at the top of the stack.

Its an urgent requirement .

 

Is it possible for ASP.net AJAX as i have seen for silver light.

 

 

Thanks

 

Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
1 answer
119 views

I have a question about removing a RadTagCloudItem. I have a TagCloud and i want it to behave like most clouds. For example, if i don't like a word in the cloud i want to right-click on the word and select from a pop-up menu remove it. And the word will be removing from the cloud i see(Client-side).

I have tried to click on the word i don't want and in server-side removing it, but it's very slow and it's not what i want. Because it's not obvious for someone else to click on the word in order to remove it.

Any propose?

Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
2 answers
126 views
Hi,

I am trying to put a RibbonBar inside a table cell. The reason for this is that
I want to put things to the right of the ribbonbar.
When I run the page the RibbonBar is not sized correctly. It is too small and
all buttons is not visible.

I can not set any width in pixels, the content is dynamic.

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a ribbonbar inside a table cell?

<
table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
        <tr>
            <td >
                <telerik:RadRibbonBar ID="RadRibbonBar1" runat="server"  Skin="Office2007">
                    <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="Home">
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup >
                            <Items>                            
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cut"  />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Copy"  />                             
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup >
                            <Items>                            
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cut" />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Copy"  />                             
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup >
                            <Items>                            
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cut" />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Copy"  />                             
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup >
                            <Items>                            
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cut"  />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Copy" />                              
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                        <telerik:RibbonBarGroup >
                            <Items>                            
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Cut"  />
                                <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Medium" Text="Copy"  />                             
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                    </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
                </telerik:RadRibbonBar>
            </td>
            <td style="background: red;">
                Right cell
            </td>
        </tr>
    </table>
Caesar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
3 answers
188 views
I am having a bunch of issues trying to use data sources with radGrid nested views, therefore, I was wondering if there is an event I can intercept when clicking on the expand arrow so that I can, myself, retreive the data and display it for that particular item.

Also, when I do this, where should I store the information I get on other expanded items? Use a generic list and put it in the view state? If so, how would I render the whole grid when the postback is received? How do I walk through the hierarchy and update those items which where previously expanded?

Thanks

Sal
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
3 answers
171 views

I have read the sample and it was very helpful, but I guess I am missing something, because I cannot get the third combo to update properly.

In the attached sample, I have 3 combos:  Content Area, Teacher Name, Student Name

When a user changes the Content Area, I want both combos to refresh.  It is a true cascade, because the teacher name also determines the list of students. 

For demo purposes, I have made it so the students lat names start with the same letter as their teachers.  So, if you select [Mathematics], not only should [Euler, Leonhard] appear (which it does), but also his first student [Edwards, Ernie].  This does not happen.  The student list remains for the previous teacher, until you manually change that second combo.

I am sure this is simple -- I am probably missing something on the control that would trigger the update to the third combo -- but I've been struggling with this for a few days now and need a more experienced set of eyes.

Suggestions are much appreciated!

Default.aspx

<form id="form1" runat="server">
  
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" 
        EnableTheming="True">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
  
    <div>
  
        <table cellspacing="10px">
            <tr>
                <td>
                    Content Area<br />
                    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cboContentAreas" runat="server" 
                        OnClientSelectedIndexChanging="cboTeachers_Load"
                        OnClientItemsRequested="ItemsLoaded"
                        OnItemsRequested="cboContentAreas_ItemsRequested"
                        Width="200px">
                    </telerik:RadComboBox>
                </td>
                <td>
                    Teacher<br />
                    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cboTeachers" runat="server" 
                        OnClientSelectedIndexChanging="cboStudents_Load"
                        OnClientItemsRequested="ItemsLoaded"
                        OnItemsRequested="cboTeachers_ItemsRequested"
                        Width="200px">
                    </telerik:RadComboBox>
                </td>
                <td>
                    Student<br />
                    <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cboStudents" runat="server" 
                        OnItemsRequested="cboStudents_ItemsRequested"
                        OnClientItemsRequested="ItemsLoaded"
                        Width="200px">
                    </telerik:RadComboBox>
                </td>
            </tr>
        </table>                        
  
    </div>
  
    <!-- Client-side scripts for client side combo box refreshes -->
    <script type="text/javascript">
  
    var cboTeachers;
    var cboStudents;
  
    // Get id's of combo objects
    function pageLoad() {
        cboTeachers = $find("<%= cboTeachers.ClientID %>");
        cboStudents = $find("<%= cboStudents.ClientID %>");
    }
  
    // Set first item in a specified combo box
    function ItemsLoaded(combo, eventArgs) {
        if (combo.get_items().get_count() > 0) {
            // pre-select the first item
            combo.set_text(combo.get_items().getItem(0).get_text());
            combo.get_items().getItem(0).highlight();
        }
    }
  
    // Load Teachers
    function cboTeachers_Load(combo, eventArgs) {
        var item = eventArgs.get_item();
        cboTeachers.set_text(" ");
        cboTeachers.clearSelection();
        cboTeachers.requestItems(item.get_value(), false);
  
    }
  
    // Load Students
    function cboStudents_Load(combo, eventArgs) {
        var item = eventArgs.get_item();
        cboStudents.set_text(" ");
        cboStudents.clearSelection();
        cboStudents.requestItems(item.get_value(), false);
    }
  
  
    </script>
  
  
</form>


Default.aspx.vb
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    Call cboContentAreas_Load()
    Call cboTeachers_Load(cboContentAreas.SelectedValue)
    Call cboStudents_Load(cboTeachers.SelectedValue)
End Sub
 
Protected Sub cboContentAreas_Load()
    'This would usually call a SQL connection, but for demo purposes, it's hardcoded
    Dim itemsList As New ArrayList()
    itemsList.Add("Language Arts")
    itemsList.Add("Mathematics")
    itemsList.Add("Science")
    cboContentAreas.DataSource = itemsList
    cboContentAreas.DataBind()
End Sub
 
Protected Sub cboTeachers_Load(ContentArea As String)
    'This would usually call a SQL connection, but for demo purposes, it's hardcoded
    Dim itemsList As New ArrayList()
    If ContentArea = "Language Arts" Then
        itemsList.Add("Austen, Jane")
        itemsList.Add("Dickens, Charles")
        itemsList.Add("Kipling, Rudyard")
    ElseIf ContentArea = "Mathematics" Then
        itemsList.Add("Euler, Leonhard")
        itemsList.Add("Fibonacci, Leonardo")
        itemsList.Add("Gauss, Carl")
    Else
        itemsList.Add("Curie, Marie")
        itemsList.Add("Heisenberg, Werner")
        itemsList.Add("Rutherford, Ernest")
    End If
    cboTeachers.DataSource = itemsList
    cboTeachers.DataBind()
End Sub
 
Protected Sub cboStudents_Load(TeacherName As String)
    'This would usually call a SQL connection, but for demo purposes, it's hardcoded
    Dim itemsList As New ArrayList()
    If TeacherName = "Austen, Jane" Then
        itemsList.Add("Alba, Anna")
        itemsList.Add("Armond, Artie")
        itemsList.Add("Avery, Augustus")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Dickens, Charles" Then
        itemsList.Add("Darby, Derek")
        itemsList.Add("Devon, Denise")
        itemsList.Add("DiCicco, Dominic")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Kipling, Rudyard" Then
        itemsList.Add("Keane, Karen")
        itemsList.Add("Kirby, Kirk")
        itemsList.Add("Kuval, Kiersten")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Euler, Leonhard" Then
        itemsList.Add("Edwards, Ernie")
        itemsList.Add("Epps, Eunice")
        itemsList.Add("Everett, Evelyn")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Fibonacci, Leonardo" Then
        itemsList.Add("Farley, Frank")
        itemsList.Add("Ferme, Frederico")
        itemsList.Add("Freitag, Fritz")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Gauss, Carl" Then
        itemsList.Add("Garrison, Ginger")
        itemsList.Add("Gerwig, Greta")
        itemsList.Add("Goodwin, George")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Curie, Marie" Then
        itemsList.Add("Carlson, Christina")
        itemsList.Add("Cerone, Cassandra")
        itemsList.Add("Cooper, Charlie")
    ElseIf TeacherName = "Heisenberg, Werner" Then
        itemsList.Add("Hartley, Hannah")
        itemsList.Add("Higgins, Hank")
        itemsList.Add("Hughes, Houston")
    Else
        itemsList.Add("Rand, Rita")
        itemsList.Add("Richmond, Robert")
        itemsList.Add("Rutherford, Rodney")
    End If
    cboStudents.DataSource = itemsList
    cboStudents.DataBind()
End Sub
 
Protected Sub cboContentAreas_ItemsRequested(sender As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs) Handles cboContentAreas.ItemsRequested
    cboContentAreas_Load()
End Sub
 
Protected Sub cboTeachers_ItemsRequested(sender As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs) Handles cboTeachers.ItemsRequested
    cboTeachers_Load(e.Text)
End Sub
 
Protected Sub cboStudents_ItemsRequested(sender As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs) Handles cboStudents.ItemsRequested
    cboStudents_Load(e.Text)
End Sub
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
5 answers
126 views

Please help

I use <div>'s in my asp form and i want the div visiblity to change when i click on the ribbonbartab

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?