Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
5 answers
206 views
Hi All,

In my application I use two Rad Grids and a RadScheduler.
when I double click the appointment in the scheduler, appointment edit form opens and at the same time first radgrid is populated, then if I click any row in the firstgrid, second grid will be populated.
Here the issue is when I go to the appointment edit form, if I directly make changes to the appointment and say update or cancel, it works fine.
But when I go to the appointment edit form, and just click the radgrid1, then radgrid2 will be displayed and at the same time a small yellow color triangle with the exclamation mark appears at the bottom of the page which says 'error on page' and after that if i make changes on the scheduler and say update or cancel, then nothing comes except the ajax loading symbol.
What could be the error?...is that anything related to Ajax?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
8 answers
254 views
Yesterday I downloaded the latest Prometheus controls and am trying to add the Prometheus RadEditor to one of my pages. I am having a few problems starting out.

My project is in VS2008 and was converted from an ASP.NET 1.1 project and I answered Yes to add ASP.NET 3.5 functionally during the conversion.

1. If in VS2008 and in design mode, when I click the Skin dropdown in the properties window, it crashes VS2008. I can add the skin name manually ok.

2. When I try to run my page in IE 7 I get a runtime error:
Error: '__doPostBack' is undefined. I can click on "No" to the debug question and then the page loads. In Firefox 2, I do not get the error.

3. If I click on the spell icon in RadEditor, I then get another runtime error:
Error: 'this._getPopupVisbilityController()' is null or not an object. I can click on "No" and the misspelled words are highlighted in yellow. But does not give me an option to correct or add to the dictionary, etc. And clicking on a highlighted word gives me the same error message. In Firefox 2 I do not get the error but also does not give any options to correct or add to the dictionary, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. A bit new to .NET development and know less about javascript. Thanks.

Roger
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
1 answer
99 views

Hi,

We are in the process of developing an appointment scheduling application using RadSchedular and we are very pleased with the results so far.  We have build screens for the staff to maintain their own calendars and we using sql server as a back end.

We have to create a customer facing application where the customer will select the date and staff type they wish to make an booking with and  will be presented with a list of appointments times for example they would enter the date 8 Jan 2008 and select the staff as  “Mechanic” . They would then get a list of available appointment times to select  from

                                10:00 Joe Bloggs

                                11:30 Joe Bloggs

                                10:30 James Jones

 

We do this by using a stored procedure to search for free slots in all the calendars for that StaffType . This is easy enough to do for regular appointments  by using the Start and End Date however I would like to be able to do this for recurring appointments. Is there any SQL or .NET code available which would allow us to interrogate the RecurranceRule columns

 

I hope this make sense

 

Thanks

Joe

 

 

 

 

 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
1 answer
126 views
I am migrating my application from RadControls ASP.NET to Prometheus and have run into a problem with accessing my controls from javascript.  For example, previously I used the following to access a combobox:  var equipmentCombo = <%= rcbEquipment.ClientID %>;  Since the switch, the object doesn't recognize telerik specific API calls (e.g. equipmentCombo.set_text("Loading..."); generates the Object doesn't support this method or property error).  I've also tried using the $find("rcbEquipment") as I've seen in some examples, but that returns a null.  Any ideas on what I missed in the migration?

Thanks
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
1 answer
91 views
For the RadDateTimePicker control, when the EnableEmbeddedSkins property is set to "false," and the Skin property is set to a valid value (e.g. a value that is defined in the appropriate css file) the TimePicker popup uses the embedded stylesheet instead of the custom one supplied by the developer. The DateInput and DatePicker popup, however, use the custom stylesheet. This causes the TimePicker to use the default skin instead of the one specified by the developer.
Steve
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
5 answers
211 views
I'm using version 4.3.2 of the MOSS RadEditor.  I want to tell the RADEditor to point to the root of the site collection in the ImageManager, so I'm adding this to the ListConfigFile.xml (as I see in the online documention):
  <property name="ImagesPaths"> 
    <item> ~/</item>
  </property>
This throws a Server Error.  Other specific paths work fine.  What's the trick to point it to the root?

Thanks,
M.
Tarjei Lægreid
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
1 answer
90 views
Is there any known issue with the prometheus grid drawing properly?

I have a grid that draws with a large space between the header and the data. When I page to the next page it gets worse and worse as I page.


Anything I should check??
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
1 answer
124 views
I get the following error message when i click on Add this item "Insert Item is available only when grid is in insert mode".
Leon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
2 answers
144 views
hai telerik,
All the nodes in RadTreeView are like as link buttons , can we make some as a label (as dead link) and remaining as link buttons in the radtreeview. 

Thanks and Regards,
Nagireddy T.
nagi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Jan 2008
7 answers
374 views
Hi

My ToolsFile setting does not seem to be getting picked up.

I copied the original from the RadControls directory to a new directory and modified it slightly.

Modified ToolsFile ...
<root>    
    <modules> 
        <module name="RadEditorHtmlInspector" dockingZone="Module" enabled="true" visible="false" /> 
    </modules> 
    <tools name="MainToolbar" isribbon="false" dockable="true">                       
        <tool name="AjaxSpellCheck"/>         
        <tool name="FindAndReplace" shortcut="CTRL+F"/>       
        <tool name="Copy" shortcut="CTRL+C"/>  
        <tool name="Paste" shortcut="CTRL+V"/>  
        <tool name="PasteFromWord" /> 
        <tool name="PasteFromWordNoFontsNoSizes" /> 
        <tool name="PastePlainText" /> 
        <tool name="PasteAsHtml"  /> 
        <tool separator="true"/>  
        <tool name="Undo" shortcut="CTRL+Z"/>  
        <tool name="Redo" shortcut="CTRL+Y"/>  
    </tools> 
    <tools isribbon = "false">  
        <tool name="Bold" shortcut="CTRL+B"/>  
        <tool name="Italic" shortcut="CTRL+I"/>  
        <tool name="Underline" shortcut="CTRL+U"/>  
        <tool name="StrikeThrough" /> 
        <tool separator="true"/>  
        <tool name="JustifyLeft" /> 
        <tool name="JustifyCenter" /> 
        <tool name="JustifyRight" /> 
        <tool name="JustifyFull" /> 
        <tool name="JustifyNone" /> 
        <tool separator="true"/>  
        <tool name="Indent" /> 
        <tool name="Outdent" /> 
        <tool name="InsertOrderedList" /> 
        <tool name="InsertUnorderedList" /> 
    </tools> 
    <tools isribbon="false">      
        <tool name="ConvertToLower" /> 
        <tool name="ConvertToUpper" />        
        <tool separator="true"/>          
          
        <tool name="InsertTable" /> 
        <tool name="InsertSnippet" /> 
        <tool name="InsertFormElement" /> 
        <tool name="InsertSymbol" />              
    </tools> 
    <tools name="DropdownToolbar" isribbon="false">  
    <tool name="FormatBlock"/>  
        <tool name="FontName"/>  
        <tool name="FontSize"/>  
        <tool separator="true"/>  
        <tool name="FormatStripper"/>         
        <tool name="ApplyClass"/>                 
        <tool name="InsertCustomLink"/>               
        <tool name="ForeColor"/>  
        <tool name="BackColor"/>          
    </tools>      
    <links> 
    </links> 
    <tools name="DialogToolbar" dockingZone="Top" enabled="true" isribbon="false">  
        <tool name="IncreaseSize" shortcut="F10"/>        
        <tool name="DecreaseSize" shortcut="F9"/>     
        <tool name="Print" shortcut="CTRL+P"/>    
        <tool name="Superscript" /> 
        <tool name="Subscript" />         
        <tool name="InsertParagraph" /> 
        <tool name="InsertHorizontalRule" /> 
        <tool name="InsertDate" /> 
        <tool name="InsertTime" />        
        <tool separator="true"/>          
        <tool name="AboutDialog" /> 
        <tool name="Help" shortcut="F1"/>  
    </tools>      
    <snippets> 
    </snippets> 
    <symbols></symbols>   
    <fontNames> </fontNames>      
    <fontSizes></fontSizes>  
    <colors></colors>     
    <paragraphs></paragraphs>  
    <classes></classes>  
    <dialogParameters></dialogParameters>  
    <languages></languages>  
    <contextMenus></contextMenus>  
</root> 
<!-- ==============================================================================================  
The ToolsFile must have a valid structure as shown below  
All attributes and their values are case sensitive!   
<root> 
  <modules> 
    <module /> 
    <module/> 
  </modules> 
  <tools> 
    <tool /> 
    <tool /> 
     ...  
  </tools> 
    ...   
  <colors> 
    <color/> 
    <color/> 
  </colors> 
</root>   
 
<tool> element valid attributes:  
   
name (required): Bold Italic Underline StrikeThrough Superscript Subscript   
JustifyLeft JustifyCenter JustifyRight JustifyFull InsertOrderedList InsertUnorderedList   
Outdent Indent Cut Copy Paste PasteFromWord   
PastePlainText PasteAsHtml Print Undo Redo ImageManager   
AbsolutePosition LinkManager Unlink InsertBoldHorizontalRule InsertTable ToggleTableBorder   
FormatBlock ApplyClass FontName  FontSize InsertCustomLink Custom   
InsertSymbol BackColor ForeColor FlashManager MediaManager SpellCheck   
FormatStripper InsertParagraph InsertSnippet Help FindAndReplace DocumentManager   
PasteFromWordNoFontsNoSizes InsertFormElement InsertDate InsertTime TemplateManager ToggleScreenMode   
Zoom ModuleManager ToggleDocking RepeatLastCommand AboutDialog    
   
shortcut  
(not required):  
 The key combination for the specific tool. Examples:  
    <tool name="TemplateManager" shortcut="Ctrl+Shift+Alt+N"/>   
    <tool name="LinkManager" shortcut="Ctrl+L" />   
 
 
<separator> element  
true/false Indicates whether a separator should appear at current position.   
 
<tools> element valid attributes:  
name (required): This string will identify the toolbar.   
enabled (not required): true/false (Indicates whether the tool will be available on the client or not)  
visible (not required):  
 true/false (Indicates whether the tool should appear in the toolbar or not. This toolbar will be available client-side - the property defines only the visibility of the tool.)   
dockable (not required):  
 true/false (Indicates whether you will be able to drag&drop the toolbar to the docking zones)   
 
<module> element valid attributes:  
(module elements should appear as child elements of an element "modules")  
name (required):  
 The friendly name of the module. When in floating mode the name will appear in the tool's titlebar.  
dockable (not required):  
 (Indicates whether you will be able to drag&drop the tool to the docking zones)  
enabled (not required):  
 (Indicates whether the module will be available on the client or not)  
visible (not required):  
 (Indicates whether the module should appear in the toolbar or not. This module will be available client-side - the property defines only the visibility of the module. )   
 
<link> element valid attributes:  
(link elements should appear as child elements of an element "links")  
name (required):  
 Link/Category Name/Alias  
href (not required):  
 URL of the link/category  
target (not required):  
 The target window of the link  
tooltip (not required):  
 The tooltip for the link  
   
<symbol> element valid attributes:  
(symbol elements should appear as child elements of an element "symbols")  
value (required):  
 The symbol to be displayed  
 
<font> element valid attributes:  
(font elements should appear as child elements of a tool element with "name" attribute set to "fontNames")  
name (required):  
 Font Name  
   
<class> element valid attributes:  
(class elements should appear as child elements of an element "classes")  
name (required):  
 Class Alias   
value (required):  
 Class Name   
 
<paragraph> element valid attributes:  
(paragraph elements should appear as child elements of an element "paragraphs")  
   
name (required):  
 Paragraph Alias   
value (required):  
 Paragraph Name   
 
<color> element valid attributes:  
(color elements should appear as child elements of an element "colors")  
value (not required):  
 Hex value of the color   
 
<snippet> element valid attributes:  
(snippet elements should appear as child elements of an element "snippets")  
name (required):  
 Snippet Alias  
   
<language> element valid attributes:  
(language elements should appear as child elements of an element "Languages")  
code (required):  
 Language code  
title (required):  
 Language Title  
   
The contextMenus tag in the Tools file allows you to change the default or specify custom context menus for different HTML elements.  
<contextMenu > element valid attributes:  
(contextMenu elements should appear as child elements of an element "contextMenus")  
forElement (required):  
 The HTML element that will call this menu.  
enabled (required):  
 Defines if this context menu is switched.  
 
The example below shows how to attach custom context menus for <A> and <P> elements.  
 
<contextMenus> 
   <contextMenu forElement="A" enabled="false">  
   </contextMenu> 
   <contextMenu forElement="P">  
       <tool name="JustifyLeft" /> 
       <tool name="JustifyCenter" /> 
       <tool name="JustifyRight" /> 
       <tool name="JustifyFull" /> 
   </contextMenu> 
</contextMenus>               
=============================================================================================== --> 


My RadEditor decleration is ...
            <telerik:RadEditor ID="sText" runat="server" Skin="Default" Height="300" Width="500" ToolsFile="~/resources/ToolsFile_the-dl-outlet.xml">  
            </telerik:RadEditor> 
 

NB: My RadEditor is within a WebUserControl.

Kind Regards

David
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?