Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
102 views
When i want to search something related to prometheus radcontrols, i find it is so hard. because all you thread page link is like(http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/new-forum-post/b314Z-bhk.aspx),
i can't tell if it is for asp.net or for prometheus.
is it possible to search within the radcontrol prometheus forum?
(maybe just make the link different like /forums/prometheus/sth./12345.aspx
or maybe put a header in each search result that indicate what it is for.)

thanks
Natalie Farah
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
153 views
Hi,
       I have an email address to be in ascii format in html. But when i give it in ascii format  RadEditor is automatically converting into text and  is showing as normal text in my page html.i am using version 7. How can i stop RadEditor to convert the ascii formatted text to normal text in html.

Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
3 answers
93 views
Is there a way to use a DateInput or DatePicker as one of the aditional Input fields in the RAD Upload. Or is there a way to do any sort of Field validation?
I need a date filed input and a Document name filed that cannot be empty for each file upload.


Thanks,

Jakub
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
197 views
We really don't use the time feature of the calendar but more of a general list of what is being shipped that day.  We can have over 20 or 30 lots in a day but I don't want each day in the month view to be 20 or 30 rows deep.  Is there a way to display like 5 days but show the count after the days like 1 (22 total) 2 (3 total) etc...

Thanks,
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
3 answers
177 views
I use a treeview inside of a RadPane.  Each of the nodes has an image and some of the node text entries are quite long.

I don't care about wrapping the node text at all... what I'm trying to do is prevent the node display from breaking between the image and the node's text when it is wider than my RadPane.

Currently, when the width of the image plus the node text is wider than the RadPane, I get a display that uses two lines, like this:

<image>
the nodes' text entry that can go on and on because it is so wide.

I'd prefer to only use one line and prevent the break between the image and it's text.

Thanks for any assistance.

Chris

p.s., I can't use a NodeTemplate, because I build the RadTree in codebehind.
Alex Gyoshev
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
67 views

Requirements

RadControls version

5.0.1.0
.NET version

2.0
Visual Studio version

2005
programming language

C#
browser support

all browsers supported by RadControls


 
PROJECT DESCRIPTION

This project describes how to disable the Control key for Multi row selection .

ASPX:
<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true"  CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %> 
<%@ Register Assembly="RadGrid.Net2" Namespace="Telerik.WebControls" TagPrefix="radG" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" > 
<head runat="server"> 
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
     <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 
      
      
      function OnRowClick(index) 
                { 
                 var e = window.event;               
                if (event.ctrlKey==1) 
                  return false; 
                else 
                  return true; 
                } 
      </script> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"> 
    <div> 
        <radg:radgrid id="RadGrid1" runat="server"  
            allowmultirowselection="True" autogeneratecolumns="False" datasourceid="SqlDataSource1" 
            gridlines="None" EnableAJAX="True" Skin="Ice" > 
             
             <MasterTableView  DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" DataKeyNames="CategoryID" > 
             
             <Columns> 
             <radG:GridBoundColumn  HeaderText="CategoryID" UniqueName="CategoryID" DataField="CategoryID"> 
             </radG:GridBoundColumn> 
             <radG:GridBoundColumn  HeaderText="CategoryName" UniqueName="column" DataField="CategoryName" ></radG:GridBoundColumn> 
             <radg:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="column1"> 
             </radG:GridClientSelectColumn> 
             </Columns> 
                 <ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False"> 
                     <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                 </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                 <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False"> 
                     <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                 </RowIndicatorColumn> 
              </MasterTableView> 
             <ClientSettings> 
             <ClientEvents OnRowClick="OnRowClick" /> 
             <Selecting  AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
             </ClientSettings> 
            <ExportSettings> 
                <Pdf PageBottomMargin="" PageFooterMargin="" PageHeaderMargin="" PageHeight="11in" 
                    PageLeftMargin="" PageRightMargin="" PageTopMargin="" PageWidth="8.5in" /> 
            </ExportSettings> 
               
             </radg:radgrid> 
    <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:MyNorthwindConnectionString %>" 
            SelectCommand="SELECT TOP 10 [CategoryID], [CategoryName] FROM [Sales by Category]"></asp:SqlDataSource> 
    </div> 
    </form> 
</body> 
</html> 
 


Princy
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
187 views

I have prometheus running on our server just fine, but I'm having an issue running it locally on a vista box with IIS 7.  This is my first time messing with IIS 7 and I'm at a total loss as to where any settings are.

I'm getting Resoucres Not Found on my dialog popups in the editor.

I have the same code as the production server but its not working. I get an alert about HttpHandlers not being in the web config, but its the same web config as in production.  Any ideas?

I have in bin - Telerik.Charting, Design, and UI

I have these in my webconfig in the httpHandlers section:

<

add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" />

<

add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler, Telerik.Web.UI" />

Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
140 views
Page 200 of the tutorial shows this code:

<

asp:Button ID="Button1"
Text='<%# (Container as GridItem).OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted ?
"Insert" : "Update" %>'
runat="server"
CommandName='<%# (Container as GridItem).OwnerTableView.IsItemInserted ?
"PerformInsert" : "Update" %>'>
</
asp:Button>

Would anyone be able to show me the Prometheus Grid equivalent?

Thank you.

Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
94 views
I am using a WebUserControl as my EditForm in a RadGrid.  The form has a Submit button on it.  How do I close the form once the Submit is pressed?

Thanks!
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
1 answer
141 views
ok i have done some test and this makes no sense maybe you guys can assist me on this.

i have a telerik grid with nothing enabled extra so should be a basic grid. I am only showing 130 records...it is taking upwards of 9 seconds to render the page.

However, if i use a regular ASP.NET datagrid. Using the exact same column types and code to data bind...it renders within 0.5 seconds..

unless we can get this resolved and get a speed similiar to asp.net datagrid we will not be able to use this grid component which is a big reason we purchased telerik controls.

this does not seem right can u guys provide some feedback on this


Joshua
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?