Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
92 views
if i bind a DataTable that has 2 rows to
Telerik.WebControls.RadChart,
Telerik.WebControls.RadChart.Series.Count will be 2
but if i bind a DataTable that has 1 row to
Telerik.WebControls.RadChart,
Telerik.WebControls.RadChart.Series.Count will be 0. why?
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
2 answers
175 views
Hi, I would like to know if is there any way to set the OK/CANCEL buttons at the middle of the rad confim window. I'm seeing both buttons left justified.
I have been searching for any attribute but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

François.
franchute
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
1 answer
292 views
Hello -

I'm having various problems implementing RADMenu into a site I'm working on.  I'm trying to implement a custom implementation of RADMenu, meaning I don't want to use any of the embedded skins, but either I want to create my own skin or preferably, I'd like to just add a few custom styles to my css and apply a few CSSClass properties in my RadMenu, but it's not seeming to work for me as I would like.  Personally, I'm a little tad bit disappointed that with both radmenu original and prometheus, there's no sample under the "Appearance" tab for "Custom CSS" ...

Here is the CSS I'm created:
/* Telerik RAD Menu */ 
.RadMenuItem { padding: 4px; color: White; background-color:#cc0000; font-size:11px; border-bottom:solid 0px #FFFFFF; border-top:solid 0px #5F906F; border-left:solid 0px #5F906F; border-right:solid 0px white; cursor:pointer;    text-align:left; text-decoration:none; } 
a.RadMenuItem:link { color:White; text-decoration: none; } 
a.RadMenuItem:hover { color:White; text-decoration: underline; } 
.RadMenuItemHover { background-color:#000 } 


Here is the menu source:
<telerik:RadMenu ID="RadMenu1"  runat="server" BorderWidth="0px"  
                        CausesValidation="False" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" Width="740" style="white-space: normal; cursor: pointer"> 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" HoveredImageUrl="~/images/menu/news_over.gif" 
                                ImageUrl="~/images/menu/news.gif" NavigateUrl="~/News.aspx"> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/menu/service.gif" HoveredImageUrl="~/images/menu/service_over.gif"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" HoveredImageUrl="~/images/menu/coupons_over.gif" 
                                ImageUrl="~/images/menu/coupons.gif" NavigateUrl="~/images/menu/coupons_over.gif"> 
                                <GroupSettings Width="100" /> 
                                <Items> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Parts Coupons" NavigateUrl="Coupons.aspx?View=Parts"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Service Coupons" NavigateUrl="Coupons.aspx?View=Service"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" runat="server" Text="Vehicle Coupons" NavigateUrl="Coupons.aspx?View=Vehicle"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Dealer Coupons" NavigateUrl="Coupons.aspx?View=Dealer"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                </Items> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" HoveredImageUrl="~/images/menu/specials_over.gif" 
                                ImageUrl="~/images/menu/specials.gif" NavigateUrl="~/images/menu/specials_over.gif"> 
                                <GroupSettings Width="100" /> 
                                <Items> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" NavigateUrl="Specials.aspx?Type=Monthly" Text="Monthly Specials"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" NavigateUrl="Specials.aspx?Type=Dealer" Text="Dealer Specials"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                </Items> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" HoveredImageUrl="~/images/menu/commercials_over.gif" 
                                ImageUrl="~/images/menu/commercials.gif" NavigateUrl="~/Media.aspx"> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                            <telerik:RadMenuItem runat="server" HoveredImageUrl="~/images/menu/controls_over.gif" 
                                ImageUrl="~/images/menu/controls.gif"> 
                                <GroupSettings Width="100" /> 
                                <Items> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Calendar" NavigateUrl="Calendar.aspx"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="My Profile" NavigateUrl="CustomerProfile.aspx"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="FAQ" NavigateUrl="FAQ.aspx"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Privacy" NavigateUrl="Privacy.aspx"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Feedback" NavigateUrl="Feedback.aspx"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                    <telerik:RadMenuItem CssClass="RadMenuItem" ForeColor="White" runat="server" Text="Help" NavigateUrl="Help.aspx"></telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                                </Items> 
                            </telerik:RadMenuItem> 
                        </Items> 
                    </telerik:RadMenu> 

Anyway... here are my issues in order of priority... #1 is the big one... I've managed to hack my way beyond all other issues:

1.  In IE, spaces always seem to appear between my menu items... In Firefox, I don't have this issue.  I've run across this issue in the past, but it used to be solved by setting "EnableEmbeddedSkins" to false, but not this time for some reason.  To see an example of what's happening to me, go to:
http://www.interappdevelopment.com/Archives/2008-01-29/IE_FF_Sample.jpg

I try adjusting the width property.  Firefox pays attention to this and elminates the spaces... IE will keep them there no matter what I set the width to.  I've also tried applying style="whitespace: normal" and style="whitespace:nowrap" with no success.

2.  Is there a way to easily apply CssStyle to all the expand elements, without having to apply it to each expanded menu item?  Also is there a way that I can actually make the font of the link white w/o putting that ForeColor white in the markup as well?  If I don't, the link color is grey like the default anchor color... you can see where I tried to override it w/ my CSS (unsuccessfully)

3.  Can I get the cursor to be a pointer over the menu and not the regular old cursor?  I tried putting "cursor: pointer" in my css, but it is ignored or overriden by something else it seems.

I apologize if some of this is trivial.  If there's some sort of document on creating a custom skin that i missed (believe me I've been looking), please point me to it.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight that you can provide.

Best,

Mike Joseph
Interapp Development, Inc.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
7 answers
366 views
Hi

My RadGrid is using a DetailTables and one of its columns is a GridTemplateColumn with an ASP.NET DropDownList server control.

On server side I use DetailTableDataBind to bind data to the detail grid which works fine. However at this stage I would also like to populate the DropDownList with lookup values.

How do I access this? When looking in GridDetailTableDataBindEventArgs the e.DetailTableView.Items array is always zero.

Let me know if you require any further information.


Kind regards

Mark Eaton
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
4 answers
239 views
Hi guys, I noticed that on Firefox a tooltip isn't fully opaque, is there anyway to turn off the transparency without me having to edit the skin files?

Get's a bit distracting when there's stuff in the background.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
1 answer
110 views
Hi,
here is my Upload-String
string[] uploadDocuments = new string[] { "~/Upload/Folder1/Folder2/" };
When opening the Documentmanager, the entry-path is Folder1 and I have to open Folder2. I (and my clients) are too "lazy" to do this. Is there a workaround to open the Documentmanager directly in Folder2?
Thanks for answering,
Andreas
George
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
1 answer
268 views
Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to have a drop down column which has different values in the list depending on the row?

E.G I have a record which consists of a RecId, name and a status. Name is just a plain text, RecId is the primary key (autogenerated number) and status is a foregin key to another table.

The other table is in the format of Id, RecId,StatusName.

I have a datasource which needs to select from this status table where RecId is the value of the current row.

Is it possible? Is there some event where I can set the default value for the SqlDataSource select paramater to allow this behaviour?
Thanks,
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
1 answer
265 views
I have a Rad Grid with an Button Column on it.   When I click on the button I want to pull specific values from the row that the button is on.

The code I do that with is as follows...

    protected void RadGrid2_ItemCommand(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs e) 
    { 
        if (e.CommandName == "MyCommand") 
        { 
            RadGrid MyGrid = (RadGrid)source; 
            int column = MyGrid.Columns.FindByDataField("ID").OrderIndex 
            string MyID = e.Item.Cells[column].Text; 
            //DO STUFF 
        } 
    } 

Here's the issue:  If I don't touch the table, everything works fine.   If I drag a column up to the top bar to group, or move columns around, the "column" number remains the same, but e.Item.Cells is using the new format of the table, and, if I use "column" as my indexer, I'm getting something random.  (Usually nbsp;)

Could someone demonstrate how to do what I want to do?

Thanks!!


Ves
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
5 answers
189 views
Internet Explorer: The spin buttons get misaligned if you go from a browser that's not maximized to maximized.

Firefox seems to be ok.

Any ideas?

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
1 answer
134 views
Hi there
I have a product suggestion that might help lots of web developers
Even though the websites our company develop is completely ajax browsable we do sill ocnsider the non javascript enabled user (mostly crawlers and search engines) but we also consider the user who for security puposes had javascript disabled.

Now recently i stumbled on a menu called quickmenu's from open cube when a user disables his javascript whe sub menu still rolls down and the user can navigate the menu even though javascript has been turned off, their panelmenu's react in more or less the same way , well instead of dropping down the 2nd lev nav appears as a normal menuwould when u move over the item,

I was wondering is it mabe possible to create a pure CSS menu system like they open cube did, for prometius menus and still provide databinding this will make life a whole lit simpler for us

thanx a million
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?