Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
110 views
Hello, 

1. Does telerik radgrid exporting to pdf method has Multilanguage support(Hebrew language)?

2. Whether I can print the radgrid? Does radgrid support print functions?

3. At time I perform export data from radgrid with template fields to ms-word, the word file present one record per page, why? How I can repair this problem   ?

Thanks

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Feb 2008
0 answers
167 views
I have a situation where i need to provide a user a list of options for example
1. Copy
2. Move
3. Cancel

when a node is dropped on to a target node.

Based on the option selected Copy, Move or Cancel the Node is Copied, Moved or the Drop action is canceled.

Can I do this on the client-side onNodeDropping?

Can anyone provide me with an example of how to achieve this?

Thanks and regards,

Shwetal Mehta

Shwetal
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 25 Feb 2008
4 answers
200 views
I'm almost there, but I can't seem to get a 2 level hierarchy to work properly. My problem seems to be that I'm not sending the value for the select command in the second database source. I get the following error when I try to expand the 1st level:

Incorrect Syntax near '?'

I've followed the examples and simplified my code to see if I can get anything to show up, but I keep getting that error. Can someone tell me what I seem to be doing wrong here? Thanks

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" 
    EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" 
    Skin="scSkin" 
    ImagesPath="images/" 
    AllowSorting="True" 
    PageSize="10" 
    ShowFooter="True" 
    AllowPaging="True" 
    DataSourceID="AdvDataSource" 
    OnItemCreated="RadGrid1_ItemCreated" 
    runat="server">  
    <MasterTableView DataSourceID="AdvDataSource" CommandItemDisplay="Top" DataKeyNames="scout_adv_id" Width="100%" HorizontalAlign="NotSet" AutoGenerateColumns="False">  
        <CommandItemSettings AddNewRecordText="Add an Advancement Track" RefreshText="Refresh" /> 
        <Columns> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="scout_adv_id" DataField="scout_adv_id" Visible="false" /> 
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="adv_id" DataField="adv_id" Visible="false" /> 
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Advancement Name" UniqueName="adv_nm">  
                <ItemStyle Width="150" /> 
                <ItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Label Width="145" CssClass="gridLabel" runat="server" ID="lbl_adv_nm" Text='<%# Eval("adv_nm") %>' /> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
            <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Completion Date" UniqueName="adv_compdate">  
                <ItemStyle Width="150" /> 
                <ItemTemplate> 
                    <asp:Label Width="145" CssClass="gridLabel" runat="server" ID="lbl_adv_compdate" Text='<%# Eval("adv_compdate") %>' /> 
                </ItemTemplate> 
            </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
        </Columns> 
        <DetailTables> 
            <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="scout_adv_step_id" DataSourceID="AdvStepDataSource" Width="100%" runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="None" AutoGenerateColumns="false">  
                <ParentTableRelation> 
                    <telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="scout_adv_id" MasterKeyField="scout_adv_id" /> 
                </ParentTableRelation> 
                <Columns> 
                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="Advancement Step ID" UniqueName="scout_adv_step_id">  
                        <ItemStyle Width="150" /> 
                        <ItemTemplate> 
                            <asp:Label Width="145" CssClass="gridLabel" runat="server" ID="lbl_scout_adv_step_id" Text='<%# Eval("scout_adv_step_id") %>' /> 
                        </ItemTemplate> 
                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                </Columns> 
            </telerik:GridTableView> 
        </DetailTables> 
    </MasterTableView> 
    <ClientSettings> 
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
        <Scrolling AllowScroll="false" UseStaticHeaders="True" /> 
    </ClientSettings> 
    <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" /> 
</telerik:RadGrid> 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="AdvDataSource" ConnectionString="<%$ConnectionStrings:LocalSqlServer %>" SelectCommand="SELECT [sc_scout_adv].[scout_adv_id], [sc_scout_adv].[adv_id], CONVERT(varchar,[sc_scout_adv].[adv_compdate],101) AS [adv_compdate], CONVERT(varchar,[sc_scout_adv].[adv_rptdate],101) AS [adv_rptdate], CONVERT(varchar,[sc_scout_adv].[adv_presdate],101) AS [adv_presdate], [sc_adv].[adv_nm] FROM [sc_scout_adv] LEFT JOIN [sc_adv] ON [sc_adv].[adv_id] = [sc_scout_adv].[adv_id] WHERE [sc_scout_adv].[scout_id]=" & scout_id & " ORDER BY [sc_scout_adv].[scout_adv_id] ASC" runat="server" /> 
<asp:SqlDataSource ID="AdvStepDataSource" ConnectionString="<%$ConnectionStrings:LocalSqlServer %>" SelectCommand="Select [sc_scout_adv_steps].[scout_adv_step_id] FROM [sc_scout_adv_steps] WHERE [sc_scout_adv_steps].[scout_adv_id] = ?"  runat="server">  
    <SelectParameters> 
        <asp:SessionParameter Name="scout_adv_id" SessionField="scout_adv_id" Type="Int32" /> 
    </SelectParameters> 
</asp:SqlDataSource> 
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Feb 2008
1 answer
117 views
Hi..
I was looking at the sample code.. where do the object like the RadCombo
get instantiated in code ?  I'm trying to use similiar code but get a null ref.

What am I missing?
thanks again..
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Feb 2008
1 answer
151 views
I have a screen with a three or four RadComboBox controls. I have been unsuccessful in getting the RequiredFieldValidator to work with the RadComboBox control when they have load on demand enabled (which all of these do). I understand that there is a bug with respect to RadComboBox control and validators. Does this bug also relate to the control's ability to work when load on demand is enabled?
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Feb 2008
7 answers
266 views
I'm almost complete the migration of the first part of my app from asp.net suite to prometheus. However, i have developed custom skins for some controls and my prometheus grid with custom skin is not showing the up/down arrows when a column heading is clicked on to sort the data. Also, the filter image and filter pop-up menu are not styled at all.

With the asp.net suit, i did not have these problems. My custom skin worked ok. But this is failing in prometheus and it is causing me a real headache as i cannot proceed until this is fixed.

Help please!
rob
Chuanbo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2008
3 answers
157 views
Hi,
Scenario:
I dynamically (with RadAjaxManager) loaded a UserControl, called Uc1, where a UserControl, Uc2, resides within Grid's Template Column.
 Initially, the Grid is shown as follows:
 http://www.sendspace.com/file/i1pscp and when users click any LinkButton, the Uc1 belongging to that Column will be loaded as follows:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c9oa0m

Problem:
The problem is clicking buttons within Red box will automatically fire ajax postbacks, while the button (within Uc2) in the Blue Box still raises normal postback. Why? How do I let buttons at Uc2 raise ajax postback as well?

For c# code implemention, I assign each GridDataItem to Ajaxify the Container Panel where Uc1 resides. And the markup of Container_Panel is at bottom.

    protected void MsgGrid_ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
    {
        if (e.Item is GridDataItem)
        {
            GridDataItem item = (e.Item as GridDataItem);
       
            // Attach click event handler to Title_Btn
            LinkButton titleBtn = (LinkButton) item["ContentColumn"].FindControl("Title_Btn");
            titleBtn.Click += new EventHandler(TitleBtn_Clicked);

            // Set Ajax source and target
            Panel loadPanel = (Panel)item["ContentColumn"].FindControl("Container_Panel");
            RadAjaxManagerProxy1.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(item, loadPanel);
        }
    }

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<ItemTemplate>
                <asp:Panel ID="Container_Panel" runat="server">
                <div runat="server" class="headerPanel" >
                    <%--<asp:Label ID="Title_Lbl" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>'></asp:Label>--%>
                    <div style="width:400px;min-width: 400px;float:left;">
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="Title_Btn" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' style="width:200px;min-width: 200px;color:Navy"></asp:LinkButton>
                    <asp:Label ID="SourceName_Lbl" runat="server"  style="width:150px" ></asp:Label> <%-- Bind at runtime--%></div>
                    <div style="text-align:right;float:right ">
                    <asp:Label ID="CreateTime_Lbl" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("CreateTime", "{0:G}") %>' ></asp:Label>
</div>
                    </div>
                    <div runat="server" style="clear:both;height:0px;display:none" id="Loading_Panel_container">
                       
                    </div>
                    <dbwc:dynamiccontrolsplaceholder id="Loading_Panel" runat="server" ControlsWithoutIDs="DontPersist" ></dbwc:dynamiccontrolsplaceholder>

                </asp:Panel>
            </ItemTemplate>

Thanks for your help.
Ricky.

Ricky
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2008
1 answer
286 views
Hello-
I need to evaluate a grid data item (row) to see if certain fields can be edited based on values in this particular row. I also need to change the style of certain cells in that row if it does becomes editable.
Initially I set the styles of the cells in the ItemDataBound handler if I determine that this row has fields to edit. for example:

dataitem(

"groupid").Style.Add("visibility", "hidden")

this worked just fine.

I then needed to set this row to be editable.  (I have the grid to edit inplace). In the ItemDataBound handler, after I set the styles like the one above, I set the row to be editable:

dataitem.edit = true

Initially I did not see the cells become editable (showing textboxes instead of  labels).
After reading in the documentation that I need to rebind the grid after I change the edit property, I placed a rebind() in the page's PreRenderComplete handler:  

Me

.PreRenderComplete

This now shows the editable columns in the row BUT all of the style changes that I did in the ItemDataBound handler are lost. If I take out the rebind() in the PreRenderComplete the style changes are made but the editable columns are not set.

Is there a way to both set the style of a row dynamically and set it to be editable?

ChrisWalker
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2008
1 answer
176 views
I'm following the demo in that url: 
http://www.telerik.com/DEMOS/ASPNET/Prometheus/Dock/Examples/LoadSaveLayout/DefaultCS.aspx

But instead of saving the serialized layout to a cookie, I save it in a data base.

The problem I've found is that if I leave the radDock window docked in a dockzone, there's no problem at all, but if I leave them floating, next time I open that page all radDocks left floating are loaded at the top left area of the window.

It seems something similar happens in the demo.

Is there any way to save the position of a floating radDock?

Thanks
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2008
2 answers
81 views
Hello,
is it possible to disable a RadDock during a AjaxPostback? I tried something like :

function OnClientDragEnd(sender, eventArgs)

{
sender.set_enableDrag =

false;

sender.set_closed =

true;

sender_dockMode = 0;

}

but nothing heppens.  The Dock ist still enabled and opend?

Thanks for your Help

t g
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Feb 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?