Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
97 views
Am in right in saying that the online documentation is wrong for a toolbar button? It says "check" and "uncheck" but it appears to be "check" and "unCheck"

Regards

Bobby
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
123 views
<telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitbar" runat="server" CollapseMode="None" SkinID="Telerik">

I already set the SkinID="Telerik", but nothing change.
Please tell me how to solve this probem.
Mnay thanks for your replying.
Vinix
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
1 answer
194 views
I need a little help here...I think this is possible, I just can't figure out how to do it.

I have a page with RadTabStrip control on it. On one of the tabs is a "group photo". I have a link on the page which pops a RadWindow to handle the upload of a single file using RadUpload. What I need to happen when someone clicks the Submit button, is that the file uploads, the RadWindow closes, and the page with the RadTabStrip refreshes.

I tried implementing the code example posted on this site where you inject the javascript to a label to close the page, but since RadUpload does a postback, I think it's bypassing my injection. I tried putting the injection script in the Page Load event and calling it with If Page.IsPostBack, but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions?
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
3 answers
165 views
What's the proper syntax for enabling the decorator on more than one form object type, but not all of them. For example, if I only want to decorate checkboxes and radio buttons, how would I specify that? Do I have one tag with both objects in the DecoratedControls parameter separated by a comma? Do I create 2 RadFormDecorator tags? Thanks.
Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
9 answers
183 views
I am new to the entire suite of Telerik controls.

I have had found that the editor toolbars are formatted incorrectly in my own app, yet the locally installed samples work fine.

I tried tweaking various settings for skins, etc, which introduced format differences, but still leaving the toolbars unusable.

I ultimately traced this problem to the use of a standard stylesheet, as follows:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="cga.css" media=screen>

This sheet has been in use for several years, is quite simple, and myself being the programmer and not the designer, not knowledgeable to take an educated guess as to where the conflict is originating.

Is there a way to set RADedit to ignore whatever it might be inheriting from the page's default stylesheet?

Environment: Visual Studio 2008 / VB / IE 7

Problem occurs on Vista Ultimate running IIS 7.0 and Win Server 2003 running IIS 6.0.

I have the Q1 2008 release of RAD, purchased just last week.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
3 answers
363 views
Hello,

I have the following error on my page:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Invalid JSON primitive: undefined.

When I start debugging the code that is running is as follows:

if (error && !errorHandled) {
    // DevDiv 89485: throw, don't alert()
    throw error;
}

Details: the page contains splitter with two panes and splitter bar between them. In the left pane there is a tree view, in the right, grid view. Clicking on tree nodes updates grid. after some clicks I get this error. All controls are by Telerik. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
1 answer
192 views
Hello,

I have an iframe surronded by an update panel.  In my iframe i load, there is a SlidingZone that I use ExpandedPanelID to expand the one RadPane I have inside the sliding zone.  Inside the Pane is a Tree and when a user clicks on a node in the tree I want the slidingzone to close.  I've seen solutions to this but they all utilize javascript like so:

 var slidingZone = $find("<%= SlidingZone1.ClientID %>");
         slidingZone.UndockPane(paneid);

I can't use the "$find("<%= SlidingZone1.ClientID %>")" inside an updatepanel.  Is there another way to close a slidingzone either with javascript or code behind?

thank you.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
4 answers
256 views

Hi!
I have a grid with edit form template. One of the columns has dropdown list in it's edit mode. How can I bind that list when edit bottun pressed?
I have tried following:

void RadGrid1_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)

switch ((string)e.CommandName)

{

case "Edit":
e.Item.Edit = true;
Bind();
RadGrid1.EditIndexes.Add(e.Item.ItemIndex); 
DropDownList ddlHZZO = ((System.Web.UI.WebControls.DropDownList)(((System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton)(e.CommandSource)).Parent.FindControl("editHZZO")));//---- ddlHZZO is stil null after this
HandleDropDown(ddlHZZO, Lookup.GetArtikliHZZO(true));
if (!_nalog.Nalog.IsHZZOIDNull())
{
 ddlHZZO.SelectedValue = _nalog.Nalog.HZZOID.ToString();
}
break;
case "Save":
TextBox tbSerijskiBroj = ((System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox)(((System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton)(e.CommandSource)).Parent.FindControl("editSerijskiBroj")));

TextBox tbKolicina = ((System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox)(((System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton)(e.CommandSource)).Parent.FindControl("editKolicina")));

string serijskiBroj = tbSerijskiBroj.Text;
int kolicina = Convert.ToInt32(tbKolicina.Text);
_nalog.UpdateArtikal(nalogArtiklID, trosak, serijskiBroj, kolicina);
RadGrid1.EditIndexes.Clear();
Bind();
IzracunCijena();
break;

case "Cancel":
RadGrid1.EditIndexes.Clear();
Bind();
break;
default: break;

}

}


<

FormTemplate>

<table>

<tr><td valign="top"><table>

<tr><td>Kolicina: </td>

<td><asp:TextBox Width="15" ID="editKolicina" runat="server" CssClass="textbox" Text='<%# Bind("Kolicina") %>'></asp:TextBox></td></tr>

<tr><td>Ser. br. aparata: </td>

<td><asp:TextBox ID="editSerijskiBroj" runat="server" Width="80" CssClass="textbox" Text='<%# Bind("SerijskiBroj") %>'></asp:TextBox></td></tr>

<tr><td>Prat. trošak: </td>

<td><asp:CheckBox ID="editTrosak" runat="server" Checked='<%# Bind("Trosak") %>' /></td></tr>

</table></td>

<td valign="top">Podaci za HZZO:</td>

<td valign="top">

<table><tr><td>Količina: </td><td><asp:TextBox Width="15" ID="editKolicinaHZZO" runat="server" CssClass="textbox" Text='<%# Bind("KolicinaHZZO") %>'></asp:TextBox></td></tr>

<tr><td>Artikal:</td><td><asp:DropDownList ID="editHZZO" runat="server" CssClass="dropdown" TabIndex="7" AppendDataBoundItems="True"></asp:DropDownList></td></tr>

</table></td></tr>

<tr><td></td><td></td>

<td><asp:ImageButton ToolTip="<%$ Resources:Resource, lbInsert %>" ID="TemplateSave"

CommandName="Save" runat="server" ImageUrl="../Images/Update.gif" /><asp:ImageButton

ToolTip="<%$ Resources:Resource, lbCancel %>" ID="TemplateCancel" runat="server"

ImageUrl="../Images/Cancel.gif" CommandName="Cancel" CausesValidation="true" /></td></tr>

</table>

</FormTemplate>

I want to bind it with datatable, and when edit form template shows to be selected value chosen right.

Thanks, Ana

Ana
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
309 views
I've created a RadGrid and added a 'text box' to a bound column during the ItemDataBound event:

public void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

{

if (e.Item is GridDataItem)

{

add the text box...

TextBox txtBox =

new TextBox();

txtBox.ID =

"txtQty" + e.Item.ItemIndex.ToString();

txtBox.Attributes.Add(

"runat", "server");

e.Item.Cells[4].Controls.Add(txtBox);

}

}

Textbox adds fine, Shows up in grid, but when posted back, is not available in grid.  I'm not rebuilding the grid on postback since I don't want to loose the values. 

The grid is not in edit mode -- I need the text boxes on all rows so the user does not want to click 'edit' each time they want to add a value.  Upon postback, I want to read each row and check to see if the data is different than originally loaded.

What am I missing here?

Thanks!

hammdo
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
1 answer
283 views

Hi,
Currently I m using sharepoint's file upload control for uploading files in
document library which allows to upload (select more than one file) multiple files at a time. I want to replace this control with RadUpload. Do we have any option to select multiple files in RadUpload? Make sure I don't want to browse mutiple times and select individual file. If anyone have solution for that, please reply ASAP.

Thanks,
Pratik.

Ivo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?