Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
160 views
I've got my insert/deletes working fine, but the update command is being fired with my original values, not the updated ones.

(That is, Field 1 has value of 5. I edit it and change to 55. The update stored procedure is called and is called with a value of 5 rather than 55).

Any ideas? This has had me stumped for days and I feel sure its something simple. I've made sure my parameter names are all the same, but I'm still missing something.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True"  
    AllowAutomaticInserts="True" AllowAutomaticUpdates="True"  
    AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="CodingView" GridLines="None"  
    ShowFooter="True" Skin="Vista" Width="770px" ENABLEAajax ="true"  
    DataKeyNames="Counter" GroupingEnabled="False" > 
<ExportSettings> 
<Pdf PaperSize="Letter" FontType="Subset"></Pdf> 
 
<Excel Format="Html"></Excel> 
</ExportSettings> 
 
<MasterTableView CurrentResetPageIndexAction="SetPageIndexToFirst" Dir="LTR" Frame="Border"  
TableLayout="Auto" CommandItemDisplay="Bottom"  datakeynames="Counter"  AutoGenerateColumns="False" 
datasourceid="CodingView" editmode="InPlace"> 
<RowIndicatorColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Visible="False"> 
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
</RowIndicatorColumn> 
 
<ExpandCollapseColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" Visible="False" Resizable="False"> 
<HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle> 
</ExpandCollapseColumn> 
 
    <Columns> 
    <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn"> 
                        <ItemStyle CssClass="MyImageButton" /> 
                    </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ClientNum"  
            FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Client"  
            SortExpression="ClientNum" UniqueName="ClientNum"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Inpatient"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Inpatient" SortExpression="Inpatient"  
            UniqueName="Inpatient"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="Obs"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Obs" SortExpression="Obs" UniqueName="Obs"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="AmbSurg"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="ASC" SortExpression="AmbSurg"  
            UniqueName="AmbSurg"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ED"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="ED" SortExpression="ED" UniqueName="ED"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="EDwithEM"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="ED/EM" SortExpression="EDwithEM"  
            UniqueName="EDwithEM"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="IR"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="IR" SortExpression="IR" UniqueName="IR"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="IRwithSI"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="IR w/SI" SortExpression="IRwithSI"  
            UniqueName="IRwithSI"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="PM"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="PM" SortExpression="PM" UniqueName="PM"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="WC"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="WC" SortExpression="WC" UniqueName="WC"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" DataField="ANcillary"  
            DataType="System.Int16" FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType"  
            ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderText="Ancillary" SortExpression="ANcillary"  
            UniqueName="ANcillary"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter"  
            DataField="Abstracting" DataType="System.Int16"  
            FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None"  
            HeaderText="Abstracting" SortExpression="Abstracting" UniqueName="Abstracting"> 
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn> 
         <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Delete this entry?" ButtonType="ImageButton" 
                        CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn"> 
                        <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" /> 
                    </telerik:GridButtonColumn> 
    </Columns> 
 
<EditFormSettings editformtype="Template"> 
 
 
        <EditColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" 
            UpdateImageUrl="Images\Save.gif" EditImageUrl="Images\Save.gif" InsertImageUrl="Images\Save.gif" CancelImageUrl="Images\Cancel.gif" 
            InsertText="Insert Order" UpdateText="Update record" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1" CancelText="Cancel edit"> 
        </EditColumn> 
 
</EditFormSettings> 
</MasterTableView> 
                </telerik:RadGrid> 



Rosen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
240 views
I have a radWindowManager on my page, it is used to allow edits and additions of items in my gridview on the main page.

using the OnClientClose property of the RadWindow i am calling __doPostBack('UpdatePanel1',''); to refresh the updatepanel which contains my gridview.

i get the following error...

Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request

it works fine if i dont use a radwindowmanager and just use a basic popup window.


Guy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
5 answers
456 views
Hi,

I have a comment field in a grid which could be very lengthy.  I want to add a tooltip to the grid which shows the full content, but I want to truncate whats visible in the cell itself.  i.e. I want to fix the width of the column, and prevent word wrap.  People can hover over the cell to see the full text.

This question is linked to the word-wrap and column width fixing rather than to the tooltip question (thats a separate thread!).

Thanks in advance

Stephen
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
1 answer
162 views
I've discovered a bug in the OnClientNodeDropping event of the current version of radTreeview for ASP.NET AJAX.

If you have a standard JavaScript confirm() statement inside the event handler, then on exiting the event handler, the error "htmlfile: Invalid argument" is triggered pointing to a Telerik generated Javascript file:

this._clearDrag();  
},_clearDrag:function(){  
if(this._dropClue){  
document.body.removeChild(this._dropClue);  
this._dropClue=null;  
}  
document.body.removeChild(this._draggingClue); 

...where this._draggingClue is null in the last line.

You can re-create the bug by modifying the "drag and drop" online sample located at:

/radcontrols_prometheus/TreeView/Examples/Functionality/DragAndDropNodes/DefaultVB.aspx:
function onNodeDropping(sender, args)  
{             
    var dest = args.get_destNode();  
    if (dest)  
    {   
        var clientSide = document.getElementById('ChbClientSide').checked;  
 
        if(clientSide)  
        {  
            clientSideEdit(sender, args);  
            if (confirm("my message")){  
                  
            }                              
            args.set_cancel(true);  
            return;  
        }  
      
        dropOnTree(args);  
    }  
    else  
    {   
        dropOnHtmlElement(args);  
    }  
} 

Is there a way around this error?

Regards,
Nuri




Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
3 answers
261 views
Hello,
I have a site set up with a master page and context pages.  On the master page I have a script manager and rad ajax manager.  On the context page I have a script manager proxy and a rad ajax manager proxy.
The problem I'm having is when I click the "Configure Ajax Manager" link in design view, the resulting popup window does not display any of the content page's controls in the left panel.  The left panel has only a single checkbox named Controls.
The code I pasted below is a simple test I created that reproduces the problem. 
I've tried using the code-behind approach to register controls with the ajax manager at runtime, this works in the simple example, but generates many javascript errors when used in a complex environment.
I'm running Q3 2007 (trail) Prometheus on Vista x86 in Visual Studio 2008 with a project target of .net 3.5
I've had this issue since I started using Q3, either radcontrols of prometeus.  The web app worked perfectly with Q2.  Our license expired recently and I'm using the Q3 trail until I'm able to convince my employer it's worth renewing it.

Thank you for any help.

******* MasterPage *******

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="MasterPage.master.cs" Inherits="MasterPage" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1218.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    <div>
    <br />
        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
       
        </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

***** Content Page ********
<%@ Page Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/MasterPage.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" Title="Untitled Page" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2007.3.1218.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4"
    Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
    <asp:ScriptManagerProxy ID="ScriptManagerProxy1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManagerProxy>
    <telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy ID="RadAjaxManagerProxy1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadAjaxManagerProxy>
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
<br />
<br />
    <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox1" runat="server" />
    <br />
    <asp:CheckBox ID="CheckBox2" runat="server" />
<br />
<br />
    <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" onclick="Button1_Click" />
    <br />
    <br />
</asp:Content>

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
10 answers
629 views
Hello,

I have following scenario:
A Panel with default Button within, Textbox and a Literal that should be updated through AjaxManager. If I click on the button, the Literal is updated. But if I press enter the client function is fired as well as the serverside event, but the Literal is not updated. Strange, isn't it?

Do I miss something or is this a bug? I use the latest trial version of your ASP.NET AJAX Controls.

ASPX-Markup
<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" DefaultButton="ButtonShowDateTime"> 
    <asp:Literal ID="LiteralDateTime" runat="server"></asp:Literal> 
 
    <telerik:RadTextBox ID="RadTextBox1" runat="server"></telerik:RadTextBox> 
     
    <asp:Button ID="ButtonShowDateTime" runat="server" Text="Show me!" 
        OnClientClick="ButtonShowDateTime_Click(); return false;" /> 
</asp:Panel> 
 
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManagerMain" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManagerMain_AjaxRequest"> 
    <AjaxSettings> 
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManagerMain"> 
            <UpdatedControls> 
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="LiteralDateTime" /> 
            </UpdatedControls> 
        </telerik:AjaxSetting> 
    </AjaxSettings> 
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>   
 
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> 
    function ButtonShowDateTime_Click() 
    { 
        alert("client cutton_click was fired"); 
        $find("<%=RadAjaxManagerMain.ClientID%>").ajaxRequest("Save"); 
    } 
</script> 
 

Code Behind
protected void RadAjaxManagerMain_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e) 
{ 
    LiteralDateTime.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString(); 
} 

Thank you very much and with kind regards,

Philip
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
1 answer
68 views
1. Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Upload.css line 127 "fff" should be "#fff"

2. The RadUpload control renders a empty UL child element called Radupload1ListContainer always with incorrect style="height:;"

These can be seen in the Firefox error console, among the browser css hacks.

Cheers,
Nuri
Dimcho
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
3 answers
159 views
Hello Good morning

Its Shrawan from Hyd

I ahd small issue wrt rad Combo, i used three radCombo istanses i mean three controls

my requirement is it should expand in direction but 2 and three are expanding in upward direction

my Url is

http://www.gblco2.amwebhost.net/flightemissions.aspx
Rosi
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
12 answers
273 views
Do you have a time estimate as to when the resizable RadDock functionality will be available? I upgraded my solution to use the new controls only to find that after a few hours of code rewrites, the resize functionality does not exist in the new control. I checked into the forum and found that someone else had also wrote to the forum on this topic back in May.
Sophy
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
152 views

Hi there,
In my RadGrid, I use the following ExpandCollapseColumn

<ExpandCollapseColumn ButtonType="ImageButton"  ExpandImageUrl="img/Expand.gif" CollapseImageUrl="img/Collapse.gif"> 
                        <ItemStyle CssClass="navigationCell" /> 
                        <HeaderStyle CssClass="navigationCell headerCell" /> 
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn> 

The images don't show up though;  the output-html suggests, that not an image-button (which would be input type="image"), but a regular button is produced (image-type is "submit"). Is the <ExpandCollapseColumn>-Element not the righf place for defining this?

Best regards,
Jens


Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?