Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
85 views
Hi,
I am getting the error as below when I convert Asp.Net 1.1 application to Asp.net 2.0. Please advise me on how to rectify the error?


Derived method 'get_IsEmpty' in type 'Telerik.WebControls.InputStyle' from assembly 'RadInput, Version=2.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a1432cd341173140' cannot reduce access.

Regards,
Raja
raja
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
212 views
I have a raddatepicker control inside the edititemtemplate of the grid.
I use databinding ststement as SelectedDate='<%# "OrderDate" %>

In case of insert or if the data is null for the OrderDate column it throws an error beacuse it is not able to bind the data.

How can i use the datepicker with gridtemplatecolumn.
newbie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
214 views
Hello,
   I have an Ajax panel on  a master page. The problem is that every time that I try to update part of the master page, the whole page is updated and effectively Ajax panel doesn't work

Any suggestion why it is happening and how I can solve it?

Regards
mansour
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
195 views
Hello,
We have a FormView embedded inside two user controls that we put on several of our pages, one for inserting records and one for updating them.  The formviews are not visible initially, and the user clicks a button to make them visible.  Inside each formview is a button that opens a RadWindow.  One of the formviews is embedded inside the SelectedItemTemplate of a DataList.

The pages also use AJAX.  When I turn off the ajax, everything works fine.  However, with the ajax disabled, the radwindow opens fine from the user control embedded inside the datalist, but not the one that's initially invisible at startup outside the datalist.  However, when I try to open it with the other formview (the one not initially visible), two JavaScript errors get thrown.

The errors are:

this._windows.length is null or not an object
Object doesn't support this property or method

Here's some sample code from the aspx page:

<uc:SignUps_Insert_frmvu id="SignUps_Insert_frmvu" runat="server">
<asp:DataList id="Cls_SignUps_datlst" runat="server" ... >
    <ItemTemplate>
        ....
    </ItemTemplate>
    <SelectedItemTemplate>
        <uc:SignUps_Details_frmvu id="SignUps_Details_frmvu" runat="server" ... />
    </SelectedItemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>

(The RadWindow opening is handled from JavaScript).

On the insert formview user control:

<asp:FormView id="SignUps_Insert_frmvu" runat="server" Visible="false" ... >
    <InsertItemTemplate>
        ...
        <asp:HiddenField ID="ClsID_hdn" runat="server" ... />
        <uc:Btn id="Select_Event_btn" runat="server" ... /><br />
        ...
    </InsertItemTemplate>
</asp:FormView>

In the code-behind of the insert formview user control (VB.NET):

    Protected Overrides Sub OnPreRender(ByVal e As EventArgs)
        ...
        If (Page.FindControl("Select_Event_radwdw_mgr") Is Nothing) Then
            Dim Select_Event_radwdw_mgr As RadWindowManager = New RadWindowManager()
            With Select_Event_radwdw_mgr
                .ID = "Select_Event_radwdw_mgr"
                .VisibleOnPageLoad = False
                .Width = 450
                .Height = 410
            End With
            MyBase.Controls.Add(Select_Event_radwdw_mgr)
        End If
        ...
    End Sub

On the details formview user control:

<asp:FormView id="SignUps_Insert_frmvu" runat="server" Visible="false" ... >
    <ItemTemplate>
        ...
    </ItemTemplate>
    <EditItemTemplate>
        ...
        <asp:HiddenField ID="ClsID_hdn" runat="server" ... />
        <uc:Btn id="Select_Event_btn" runat="server" ... /><br />
        ...
    </EditItemTemplate>
</asp:FormView>

If anybody can help me it would be appreciated.  By the way, I'm new to this forum and this is my first-ever post, so if it's sloppy or confusing please forgive me.

Thanks,
Jason
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
3 answers
186 views
Just working on a migration using the Q1 Futures, and am having a bit of trouble with:

Telerik.Web.UI.RadPanelItem.IsSeparator

The control overview suggests that this is still the way to do it, but the class doesn't appear to publish that Property ??

Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
0 answers
119 views

Hi Telerik:

 I am gonna simplify the problem.

Basically, there is a combobox inside of a  treeview like the  demo example.

The problem is the the combobox is inside of a radpanelbar. nad when i try to get
the object (the treeview by code, i get null)

so i try to get the instance in the following way:

TelerikQ1.

RadTreeView rtvgroupscombobox = (RadTreeView)

_rpbproductgroups_.FindItemByValue(

"_rpiproductgroups_").FindControl("_ctlparent_").FindControl("_rtvgroupscombobox_");

where :

rpbproductgroups is a Radpanelbar

rpiproductgroups is a Radpanelitem

_ctlparent_ is a combobox

_rtvgroupscombobox_ is a treeview

rtvgroupscombobox  is the object where i keep the treeview


or this other way : 


TelerikQ1.

RadTreeView _rtvgroupscombobox_ = (RadTreeView)

_rpbproductgroups_.FindItemByValue(

"_rpiproductgroups_").

FindControl(

"_rtvgroupscombobox_");

where : 

rpbproductgroups is a Radpanelbar

rpiproductgroups is a Radpanelitem

_rtvgroupscombobox_ is a treeview

rtvgroupscombobox  is the object where i keep the treeview



But it is always null.

How can i get it.

Regards.Pepito





Pepito
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
176 views
Hi,
In server side, I created a tooltip like this:
<telerik:RadToolTip ID="RadToolTip1" runat="server" Skin="Web20"
       Animation="Resize" AutoCloseDelay="5000" EnableViewState="False"
       RelativeTo="Element" ShowEvent="FromCode" Position="ButtomLeft">
     </telerik:RadToolTip>

In client-side, my script does:
        var tooltip = $find(this.get_tooltipId());
        if (tooltip)
        {
          tooltip.set_targetControl(AControl.get_element());
          tooltip.set_title("Some title");
          tooltip.set_text("Some text");
          tooltip.set_position("MiddleRight"); // !where the error occurs!
          tooltip.show();
        }
If I commented out the line that changes the default position, everything works fine. But when I tried to change the position, I got an exception from Sys.UI.Bounds = function Sys$UI$Bounds(x, y, width, height), where y is set to NaN and X is -322 which I think both wrong.

Any idea?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
0 answers
74 views
Hi,
I have read some threads regarding the advanced template form.
But, i cannot figure out how to implement this into my scheduler.
How do i add the Advanced Template into my project and how do i reference the template within my scheduler (so it opens this form) ??

Thanks
Mark
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Apr 2008
2 answers
161 views
I have a radsplitter with two rad panes in it. In the left pane is a treeview. When a node in the treeview is clicked the contenturl of the right hand pane is changed (server-side) to point to a particular aspx page. 

I also have a radajaxmanager on the main page with the treeview control set to update the splitter control.

This all works fine when the radajaxmanager's EnableAJAX property is set to false. When set to true I get a runtime error when clicking on the treenode. The error is: Unknown runtime error.

I've tried changing the ajax managers updated control to just the right hand pane's id and also with the splitter and pane's id but without success.

Help!
Carlos Colell
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
5 answers
114 views
Hi

I have 2 current problems I've been working on for the past hour.

1. In the downloadable tutorial page 184 item 7 it says to Enable AJAX, I dont have this option, why not, do I have a config problem?

2. I'm using embedded themes and this happens on all I have tried, the grid renders OK, with the paging (left and right) icons, then it looks like the page redraws and they disappear after abou 0.5 - 1 second, what going on here?

Andy

PS love what I have seen so far.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?