Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
97 views
I need everything that gets entered via the Editor to have a consistent font. I've removed the font selection menu, but if someone pastes text using a different font, I need to be able to get rid of it. Is this possible?

Bill
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
1 answer
152 views
I tried the methods outlined in the KB but none seem to work. How do I get the default editor font to be Arial?
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
2 answers
116 views
OK,

I've developed an application, part of which is using a RadTreeView, together with RadAjaxManager and RadUpload to form a basic file manager.

Everything works fine on my local machine (VS2008 and Cassini).

When I upload to the production or staging server (Win 2003 / IIS 6) nothing works!

The first problem is the RadUpload control appears to upload files (ie. the Upload progress panel does its thing) but the uploaded file doesn't make it onto the server. No errors or anything shown though.

Secondly, The treeview has a context menu so right-clicking on a file allows the user to rename or delete. If I click on delete, I get a null reference exception when it tries to access (RadTreeViewContextMenuEventArgs) e.Node.Text in the server-side ContextMenuClick event. If I click on rename, the server-side NodeEdit method should ultimately fire, but doesn't appear to?

I've checked the NETWORK SERVICE account has permissions on everything; hell, to rule out permissions I even gave the "Everyone" full control :)

I've tried disabling AJAX on the AjaxManager, I've tried removing the AjaxManager all together and still no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks
John
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 May 2008
4 answers
177 views
Hi, i am having a problem with my AjaxRequest method that i have hooked up to the onchange event of a dynamically created button. It seems to work fine in that the server side method fires and calls a method I have for calculationg a count. The problem is that i update a client side label with this count but the label on the page does not get updated. The weird thing is that on the same page I have a button that calls the same server side method which updates the label correctly as you would expect. Can anyone see how i am going wrong or why the label is not getting updated?

this is my javascript:
        function InitiateAjaxRequest(arguments) 
        { 
            var ajaxManager = <%= RadAjaxManager1.ClientID %>; 
            ajaxManager.AjaxRequest(arguments); 
        } 
this is my ajax manager code that contains the reference to the serverside onajaxrequest method and also the panel that is being refreshed via the button click:
    <rad:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest" > 
        <AjaxSettings> 
            <rad:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxManager1"> 
            </rad:AjaxSetting> 
            <rad:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="pnlNumberPresent"> 
                <UpdatedControls> 
                    <rad:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="pnlNumberPresent" /> 
                </UpdatedControls> 
            </rad:AjaxSetting> 
        </AjaxSettings> 
    </rad:RadAjaxManager> 

this is the ajaxified button and the label to be refreshed
<asp:Panel  ID="pnlNumberPresent" CssClass="row" runat="server" Visible="True" > 
  <asp:Label  id="lblNumberPresent" runat="server"  Visible="true" Cssclass="field_label_noclear" /> 
  <asp:Button  id="btnRefreshNumberPresent"  Cssclass="input_but" text="Refresh" runat ="server" OnClick="calculateNumberPresent" /> 
</asp:Panel> 
                   


this is where i am dynamically building my textbox(s)

 if (bJavaScriptEnabled) 
            { 
                int nextTextboxNo = StudentCount + 1; 
                statusBox.Attributes.Add("onchange", "InitiateAjaxRequest(this,event); return false;"); 
                statusBox.Attributes.Add("onkeypress", "setFocusOnEnterKey('status_textbox_" + nextTextboxNo.ToString() + "',event);"); 
            } 


and this is the server side method that is called when I click the button directly and also the onajaxrequest method that calls the same method:
    protected void RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e) 
    { 
        calculateNumberPresent(sender, e); 
    } 
 
    protected void calculateNumberPresent(object sender, EventArgs e) 
    { 
        int intCount = 0; 
 
        //code to do count here... 
 
        lblNumberPresent.Text = "Total number of students present = " + intCount; 
    } 

on both events the "lblNumberPresent.Text = "Total number of students present = " + intCount;"
line is hit in the debugger but it is only on the button click that the label on the page gets updated...


barry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 20 May 2008
1 answer
87 views
hi ,
i m using this format for in grid for paging

Change Page: {4} | Displaying page {0} of {1}, items {2} to {3} of {5}.
i wan to change the  "Page Size " to "Display" and "Change" to "REcords per page"

please find the attahcment for details

Farhan Hashmi

Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
3 answers
144 views
Is there a way to set an "alternate" text for multimedia or flash content when such content is being added in RadEditor to meet W3C accessibility standards?

I could not see any field in the "add content" form itself to allow me to do this.

Thanks,
Sathya.
Lini
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
1 answer
121 views
Please could someone tell me or direct me to an example of how can I customize my x-axis values. i want to place custom string  names as xAxis values. thank yopu.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
1 answer
193 views
Please could someone tell me or direct me to an example of how can I customize my x-axis values. i want to place custom string  names as xAxis values. thank yopu.
Giuseppe
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
1 answer
92 views
Hi,
    I am using a groupby expression in  my grid.
Is it possible to have gridgroupheaderitem same as the gridheaderitem i.e with mulitple columns. Also, is it possible to remove the expand/collpase control from the groupheader item? As I see, it added a new column altogether for the expand/collpase control.
Thanks,
Pri
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 20 May 2008
9 answers
226 views
Hi
I have a problem changing the language in RadEditor.
I want all the menus and  the spellchecker to have another language than default.

The language-file (tdf) is in the right folder and the spellcheck file aswell.

How can I get the Editor to be in my language? In which files do I have to make changes in the code?

I tried to add Language="" in the pagelayout, but it didn't work.

Thanks!
Regards Cecilia
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 20 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?