Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
225 views
 Hello !

I have 2 tabs and 2 radPageView's, each other with a textBox,

a requiredFieldValidator and a button. When I press first

button, it take in consideration both validators and I don't

agree that. Could you help me. please ?

Have a nice day !

<telerik:RadTabStrip ID="RadTabStrip1" runat="server"

SelectedIndex="0" MultiPageID="RadMultiPage1"

CausesValidation="false">
        <Tabs>
            <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root

RadTab1" Selected="true" PageViewID="rpv1">
            </telerik:RadTab>
            <telerik:RadTab runat="server" Text="Root

RadTab2" PageViewID="rpv2">
            </telerik:RadTab>
        </Tabs>
    </telerik:RadTabStrip>
    
    <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="RadMultiPage1" runat="server"

SelectedIndex="0" >
        <telerik:RadPageView ID="rpv1" runat="server">
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1"

runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator

ID="RequiredFieldValidator1" runat="server"

ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"

ControlToValidate="TextBox1">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
            <br /><asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server"

Text="Button1"
                onclick="Button1_Click" />
        </telerik:RadPageView>
        <telerik:RadPageView ID="rpv2" runat="server">
            <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox2"

runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator

ID="RequiredFieldValidator2" runat="server"

ErrorMessage="RequiredFieldValidator"

ControlToValidate="TextBox2">**</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
            <br /><asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server"

Text="Button2"
                onclick="Button2_Click" />
        </telerik:RadPageView>
    </telerik:RadMultiPage>


And C# code :

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Response.Write("button1");
    }
    protected void Button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        Response.Write("button2");
    } 

Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2008
1 answer
39 views
I have chosen one of the standardskins for mig Panelbar, and when I try to add pictures to each item, nothing happens. any suggestions?

Best regards
Søren, Denmark.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2008
6 answers
374 views
Hello Telerik,

I m using something from documents to enable/diable a RadDatePicker.

function disableDateTimePicker()  
{  
  var picker = $find("<%= RadDateTimePicker1.ClientID %>");         
  picker.get_dateInput().disable();  
  $removeHandler(picker.get_popupButton(), "click", picker._onPopupButtonClickDelegate);  
   
  $removeHandler(picker.get__timePopupImage(), "click", picker._onTimePopupImageClickDelegate);    
}  
function enableDateTimePicker()  
{  
 var picker = $find("<%= RadDateTimePicker1.ClientID %>");         
 picker.get_dateInput().enable();  
 $addHandler(picker.get_popupButton(), "click", picker._onPopupButtonClickDelegate);  
 $addHandler(picker.get__timePopupImage(), "click", picker._onTimePopupImageClickDelegate);     
} 

the errors I get are:
1. ._onPopupButtonClickDelegate is null;
2.get__timePopupImage() is not a valid property. ( for this one I found get_popupImage() is the correct one)
3. ._onTimePopupImageClickDelegate is null

Can you please check it.

Regards,
Elton
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2008
7 answers
177 views
Im having serious problems in my RadGrid1_UpdateCommand. I am using a RadGrid with a FormTemplate for editing values. In my FormTemplate I have a TextBox with id "txtValue". No matter what I do in my RadGrid1_UpdateCommand, I can not find this TextBox and get it's Text. I have tried TryCast and DirectCast, and I have tried the same way as I have been using in older RadGrids for ASP.Net (none Ajax), with no luck. I only get a NullReferenceException. I have also tried to define a string variable with the value "NewValue" just to test the code, but now I get an exception that say that IsInEditMode must be set to TRUE. How can I get the Text from my TextBox without exceptions, and how can I avoid getting an IsInEditMode must be set to True??? I have spent 2 days with this problem now, and the documentation of the RadGrid for Ajax doesnt say anything about how to use FormTemplate and RadGrid1_UpdateCommand.
Inge Wandsvik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2008
3 answers
113 views
hello.. newb on this telerick product. Wondering how to reference controls from the code using FindControl?
I am trying to use
Dim XX as telerickDateTimePicker ??

im not sure how to declare this object.
If anyone know I would appreciate the help
mac
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 May 2008
0 answers
98 views
The method Clone() on the RadMenuItem doesn't clone the PostBack property. This property is always true for the cloned object. Comments?
/Anders
Anders
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 May 2008
1 answer
107 views
Hello,

I have a grid with sorting and filtering. At some point I need to discard any sorting and filtering data entered by user. How can I do this using server-side API?
Vlad
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2008
4 answers
654 views

Hi,

Is there any way we can handle the ImageButton event in <ItemTemplate> of a Teleric Rad Grid, rather then using the LinkButton.

I am binding OnItemCommand="GeneralRadGrid_ItemCommand" and providing the CommandName="Edit" on <ItemTemplete><asp:ImageButton ImageUrl="../images/bt_edit.gif" ID="EditImageButton" runat="server" CommandName="Edit" /></ItemTemplate>

But I am not able get to the handler
protected void GeneralRadGrid_ItemCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e){
    if (e.CommandName == "Edit")
    {
        Response.Redirect(
"GeneralClassification.aspx");
    }
}

Kindly let me know the way to do so, earlier my teammate posted the same issue but did not got the code to run.

Thanks,
Pramod Singh

Pramod
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2008
2 answers
209 views
Hi!

Well so far i only used RADGrid to edit simple tables (auto generated radgrid). But now i got a table of links that has a fileld "sort" of type "int" in it which tells the order of how i want to display this links on my frontend.

So instead of having a databound column to that field (which would make user type the sort number to each record), i created a templated column with a "move up" and "move down" linkbuttons. I set the property "commandName" to "moveUp", "moveDown" and hooked onto "OnItemCommand" event of RadGrid

Now my question is, how can ni get reference on the grid row (to get id-key of my tabel) on which the linkbutton was clicked?

re,
Žiga
Ziga HABJAN
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 May 2008
1 answer
160 views
I have a grid with a mastertableview, when I use the export fuctionality it seems to only export the mastertableview only.

Under my mastertableview is a nestedvew with another grid with detailview and detail tables.  Is there anyway to get to that information to generate an excel export?

I tried using ExcelMLExportRowCreated   event but it wouldn't drill down into the grid for me to grab the rows from the nestedview or grid within the nested view.
Thanks

S~
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 22 May 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?