Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
4 answers
154 views
I have tried to figure out how to create a custom skin with the new ajax controls, but I am just having too much trouble. I have read the help links, but I'm just still stumped. I really liked the Windows XP skin that I used in all of my applications for the older ASP.Net panel control, and I am trying to use the new Ajax control and use the same skin.
Is there anyone that could help me with converting the older WindowsXP skin for the new Ajax panel control?
Thanks,
~bg
GDPR_erased
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
6 answers
309 views
I have a aspx which contains a popu as follows

<asp:LinkButton ID="lbPopup" runat="server" Text="popup" OnClientClick="return showradwindow1();" />
 <telerik:RadWindowManager id="rwmIncome" Skin="Outlook" runat="server">
        <windows>
         <telerik:RadWindow id="rwIncome"
                Left="100px" Modal="true" Runat="server" ReloadOnShow="true"
                Width="1100px" Height="780px" Title="Income Dialog">
            </telerik:RadWindow>
        </windows>
    </telerik:RadWindowManager>
    <script  type="text/javascript">
            function showradwindow1()
            {
                window.radopen("radwindow11.aspx", "rwIncome");
                return false;
            }

        </script>

After clicking the linkbutton, the combodropdown is shown correctly. the coding of this page is
 <asp:LinkButton ID="lbPopup" runat="server" Text="popup" OnClientClick="return showradwindow2();" />
   <telerik:RadComboBox id="rcbType" runat="server" Skin="Vista">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="1" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="2" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="3" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="4" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="5" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="6" />
        </Items>
    </telerik:RadComboBox>
    <telerik:RadWindowManager id="rwmIncome" Skin="Outlook" runat="server">
        <windows>
         <telerik:RadWindow id="rwIncome"
                Left="100px" Modal="true" Runat="server" ReloadOnShow="true"
                Width="180px" Height="780px" Title="Income Dialog">
            </telerik:RadWindow>
        </windows>
    </telerik:RadWindowManager>
        <script  type="text/javascript">
            function showradwindow2()
            {
                window.radopen("radwindow111.aspx", "rwIncome");
                return false;
            }

        </script>

When clicking popup in this page, the combodropdown cannot be seen
    <telerik:RadComboBox id="rcbType" runat="server" Skin="Vista">
        <Items>
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="1" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="2" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="3" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="4" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="5" />
            <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="6" />
        </Items>
    </telerik:RadComboBox>

Please advice how to resolve this

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
135 views
Hi
I would like to use the RadScheduler to keep tracks of holiday and "working" hours (and days) for a group of doctors.
My user double click in a cell of the RadScheduler and using a RadWindow to show an aspx to edit the data for the appointment.
A dropdownlist allows to select the date and hour for available or non-available. If it is non-available the user must why this
day is holiday (vacation, independe day, labor day, etc) and if it is available specify which medicine category the doctor will work for (
ginecology, pediatrics, etc).

I need some hints about how to implement this. I am thinking about to have a subclass from appointment class sho in the docs but further
reading makes me think this is a hard way to do it. Now I am thinking to use resources and Custom attributes but I am confused about them.
I wil have two datatable, one for the holidays, one for the working dates and also have in datatable the reasons for non-working days,
medicine categories, doctor details (id, name, etc), medicine categories by doctor so I am not sure what things are resources and which ones are
attributes.
The tables are defined :
   - Category(idCategory int, NbCategory varchar(100)) Eg. 1, "Ginecology", 2,"Heart Surgery"
   - Doctor(IdDoctor int, NbDoctor varchar(255)) Eg. 1, "Yamil Bracho"
   - CategoryDoctor (IdCategory int , IdDoctor int) Eg. 1,1 - 1,2
   - ReasonHoliday (IdReason int, NbReason varchar(255)) Eg. 1,"Vacation" - 2,"Labor Day"
   - Holiday(IdHoliday int, IdDoctor int, IdReason int, StartTime DateTime, EndTime DateTime) Eg. 1,1,1,05/01/08 08:00:00 AM,05/15/08 06:00:00 PM
   - WorkDay(IdWorkDay int, IdDoctor int, IdCategory int, StartTime DateTime, EndTime DateTime) Eg. 1,1,1,01/01/08 08:00:00 AM, 01/01/01/08 12:00:00

 Thanks you for your time 
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
127 views
How can I define that the RadScheduler's resource files for localization exists in another folder than APP_GlobalResources?
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
2 answers
308 views
I cannot get all the features working. There seems to be a setting I am missing when it comes to anything database related. I get teh following error:
Cannot open user default database. Login failed.
I dont have sqlexpress and I have sqlserver. How can I modify the seeting , somehow set the mdf file as datasource or create database in sqlserver. Please send me the modification code to use sql server, create northwind of test database.
If not please let me know if I need sqlexpress and when I reinstall, will it load the databases.
Let me know one way or the other.
Sunil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
85 views
Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project in VS 2005 with the RadControls for ASP.NET Q2 2007 providing some functionality. If I 'upgrade' my app using the wizard in VS 2008 will I encounter any issues with the Telerik controls I'm using? I know that .NET 3.5 sits on top of 2 (rather than 2 being standalone from v1), i'm just wondering if I'll have any issues.

Thanks.
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
207 views
hi at all

when I work with radalerts, I have been seen a  irregular behavior,
the radalert open in a wrong place, I have to use the scrollbars to see the radalert. This behaviour
appear when I show a radalert on a radwindow that  is inside in other radwindow just like this:

    *window1 pather
                *window2 child (inside of window 1)
                                     *radalert (inside of window 2)

i try with javascript to put in a good place with moveto, center  functions but it isn't works , whats the problem ? is it a bug?
i  work with VB on VS 2005
         
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
91 views
Unable to open the physical file "C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008\Live Demos\App_Data\SchedulerData.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)".
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASPNET AJAX Q1 2008\Live Demos\App_Data\SchedulerData.mdf failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share.


Let me kno whow to fix this
Sunil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
3 answers
174 views
Hi.

I have a button to close my radwindow throw javascript, but I also want to insert to my bd, so I have the ImageButton2.Click handler with the vb.code and call the javascript with OnClientClick. But it isn't working because the window is closed before the insert in the bd. Is any way of execute the handler before the OnClientClick?

Thanks
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
1 answer
212 views
How to set the size of tooltip automatically instead of setting it at design time to a fixed size?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?