Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
72 views
Is there way to run a javascript function after the edit form template is shown.
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
109 views
Hi. I have a radgrid and use an ascx as editor and then when i cancel the event i got this error "Value cannot be null: Parameter name key"

Any clue?

TIA
Prangadj
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
6 answers
386 views
Trying this simple example to use paging and sorting  when using when using NeedDataSource event

My example is base on this online live demo:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/aspnet/prometheus/Grid/Examples/Programming/NeedDataSource/DefaultCS.aspx

(I am using this version :RadControls_for_ASP.NET_AJAX_2008_1_515_dev.exe)

Strangly my code is very similar but somehow when i start sorting and paging i either get an empty page or and eroor like this :

Index 15 is either negative or above rows count. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index 15 is either negative or above rows count.

Strange because the live demo while using very similar code, work but not my code!

Here my example, you can see its pretty close to the live demo (see the previous link)


.cs:

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.Configuration;
using System.Data;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.Security;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts;
using System.Xml.Linq;

namespace WebApplication1
{
    public partial class _Default : System.Web.UI.Page
    {
        protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (!this.IsPostBack)
            {
               
            }
        }

        protected void RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(object source, Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
        {
            DataTable table = new DataTable();
            table.Columns.Add("FirstName", typeof(string));
            table.Columns.Add("LastName", typeof(string));

            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe1","Brown1"});
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe2", "Brown2" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe3", "Brown3" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe4", "Brown4" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe5", "Brown5" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe6", "Brown6" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe7", "Brown7" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe8", "Brown8" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe9", "Brown9" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe10", "Brown10" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe11", "Brown11" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe12", "Brown12" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe13", "Brown13" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe14", "Brown14" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe15", "Brown15" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe16", "Brown16" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe17", "Brown17" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe18", "Brown18" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe19", "Brown19" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Joe20", "Brown2" });
           
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane1", "Smith1" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane2", "Smith2" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane3", "Smith3" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane4", "Smith4" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane5", "Smith5" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane6", "Smith6" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane7", "Smith7" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane8", "Smith8" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane9", "Smith9" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane10", "Smith10" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane11", "Smith11" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane12", "Smith12" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane13", "Smith13" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane14", "Smith14" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane15", "Smith15" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane16", "Smith16" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane17", "Smith17" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane18", "Smith18" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane19", "Smith19" });
            table.Rows.Add(new object[] { "Jane20", "Smith2" });

            RadGrid1.DataSource = table;
           

        }

     

       
    }
}

.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="WebApplication1._Default" %>

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </asp:ScriptManager>

    <telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" Skin="Office2007" Width="97%" AllowSorting="True"
        PageSize="15" ShowFooter="True" AllowPaging="True" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"
        runat="server" GridLines="None" OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource">
        <MasterTableView Width="100%" />
        <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
    </telerik:RadGrid>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Can anyone help on this matter ?

VANDENBERGHE
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
4 answers
200 views
Hi,

I have an aspx page with a RADToolTipManager containing the AJAXUpdate. The OnAjaxUpdate Sub fires ok and subsequently calls UpdateToolTip.

In my UpdateToolTip Sub, I dynamically load my UserControl - which I can also debug and this is working also.

My problem is that the tooltip is always empty. The tooltip displays for a few seconds and then disappears without having shown anything.

I have changed my usercontrol to contain only a static image and it still will not display.

If I try and use a sqldatarepeater, dynamically populated from the code behind, I cannot reference the controls on my aspx as I get a "Object is not set to an instance of an object" error - something to do with the event order I think.

I have tried following the online example by using a datasource on the aspx page and although I get no errors, still nothing is displayed.

Am I missing something? Any help much appreciated, this is driving me crazy.

Regards,

Steve
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
4 answers
135 views
Hi All,

I'm using the RadEditor within a TemplateColumn as detailed out in the documentation. That part works great. My problem is that I've extended the tools shown to include the LinkManager. Clicking the icon does invoke it, but the dialog is messed up visually and mostly hidden from view.

Anyone else had this problem? Is there a restriction on using the Dialog based managers?

Thanks for your help,

Clyde
George
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
142 views
Hi,

I need to build a tab strip which the data source is a SiteMapDataSource, but Ajaxfied. I've tried RadAjaxPanel, and RadAjaxManager, but both with no success.

Where can I find an example of how to do this?

I intend to use it on a master page.
Poul Henningsen
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
141 views
I'm looking for a way to use the datePicker and display the date as a weeknumber in the DateInput field. To be precisely, the format I need is weeknumber + year (wwyy). So, no way there is a datetime format I can use!
Is there any way to get such a result to display to the user?
 
I already tried the clientEvent "OnPopupClosing", but I can't figure out a way to set the correct format into the DateInput field.

Can anybody help me with this?
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
81 views
How can I define padding or spacing between calendars when I use MultiColumns? Here is my Calendar:
                <telerik:RadCalendar ID="RadCalendar1"   
                    runat="server"   
                    Skin="Office2007" 
                    AutoPostBack="true" 
                    EnableMultiSelect="false" 
                    MultiViewColumns="3" 
                    MultiViewRows="1">  
                </telerik:RadCalendar>              
 
It looks awful the way it's set by default. Whene using Office2007 as Skin, I can't see where one calendar ends and the next starts.
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
3 answers
166 views
Hi,

I want to use only normal DropDownList inside my RagGridViews instead of RadCombobox, How can I set  The DropDownControlType="DropDownList" parameter by default ?

For Example in the Web.Config File Or with a Skin?

Anyone know if this is possible ?

Thanks.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
5 answers
188 views
I am looking for a way to clone, or dynamically create a doc item when I drag a control onto a doc zone.  I saw an example somewhere of this being used with rad controls, but I can't figure a way to do this.  As an example, I want to be able to drag something from a toolbox and have a raddoc be created where I drop it.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thank you
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?