Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
263 views
How can I show raddock in the middle of user screen?

Regrads

J
james
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
170 views

I have two problems:

1. I'm hiding the panel in which my RadGrid resides, and I show it once a certain LinkButton has been clicked. The problem is when I click the LinkButton to display the panel the first time, the NeedDataSource-event is not triggered. When I click the same button a second time (in succession to the first click), the event is triggered and the RadGrid is filled with data. Doing MyGrid.Rebind() works, but it feels like an ugly solution, seeing how it should bind it automatically?

I heard I could do EnableOutsideScripts="true" but I can't find that property anywhere! I must be dead stupid, I've looked for this property all over yet I can't find it. I have to ask - is it deprecated? According to the object browser, RadAjaxManager inherits from RadAjaxControl, which in turn has the property according to the site (but not according to my object browser). Intellisense isn't picking it up, and manually typing it does no good.

2. I'm binding varying datasources to another RadGrid depending on a set of variables I store in ViewState, this resulted in broken paging on the RadGrid. I read something about ViewState conflicts, but I didn't quite understand how the RadGrid ViewState could interfere with the rest of the page's ViewState.

I'm using the latest version of Teleriks RadControls and .NET Framework 3.5. Tips?

Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
155 views
So I have a RadGrid that is setup to use a combination of default filtering and customized filtering.  I have implemented custom filtering with a dropdownlist on a column based on the article found here. 

I am having issues though when I filter on the custom column first and then try to filter using one of the existing default filtering columns.  I can detect the event in the ItemCommand event of the RadGrid, but I cannot find the search string at run time in the server side code. 

So for example,  I first filter my grid on my custom State column by filtering on "Georgia".  And then I try to filter on a default filtered City column by searching for all records that Contain "Atl".  Now in the ItemCommand event while debugging, I cannot find the search string "Atl" in any of the properties of the GridCommandEventArgs or sender parameters. 

I feel that it has to be available somewhere.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
150 views
I have a RadioButton in the RadGrid, like following code.

Please tell me how to access the RadioButton on the client side.

Many thanks for your helping.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource_Vocabulary" 
                GridLines="None" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"> 
                <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataKeyNames="RecordNo" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource_Vocabulary"> 
                    <RowIndicatorColumn Visible="False"> 
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                    </RowIndicatorColumn> 
                    <ExpandCollapseColumn Resizable="False" Visible="False"> 
                        <HeaderStyle Width="20px" /> 
                    </ExpandCollapseColumn> 
                    <Columns> 
                        <telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="edit" UniqueName="EditColumn" CurrentFilterFunction="NoFilter" 
                            FilterListOptions="VaryByDataType" ForceExtractValue="None" HeaderStyle-Width="10%"> 
                            <ItemTemplate> 
                                <asp:RadioButton ID="RadioButton1" runat="server" onClick="SelectOne(this)" /> 
                            </ItemTemplate> 
                        </telerik:GridTemplateColumn> 
                    </Columns> 
                    <EditFormSettings> 
                        <PopUpSettings ScrollBars="None" /> 
                    </EditFormSettings> 
                </MasterTableView> 
                <ClientSettings> 
                    <Selecting AllowRowSelect="True" /> 
                </ClientSettings> 
            </telerik:RadGrid> 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
179 views
Hello, I have a ranmenu and a radwindow. If i drag the rad window over where i have my radmenu, the menu overlaps the window and its contents and i could also click an overlapping button belonging to the menu. Is there a way to set any z-index on any of them preferably the radmenu seeing as some of my windows are hand coded in javascript.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
208 views
Hi,
I am using Rad controls in my Project.
I am doing some R & D on Rad editor. I just wanted to know how the "Track changes " option in Rad editor works.
I got to know that  the editor exposes a method set_intitialContent() that, when called, will mark the current editor content as the "start" content to be used in the dialog. You can get the content which is set as initial with the get_initialContent() method. You can get the current content in the editor with editor.get_html().

Now I want to know how it compares the old content and new content and displays the final result. could please let me know which function does this??

Thanks.

 

Tervel
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
7 answers
425 views

Hi

We are having trouble registering our custom skin for all controls in DotNetNuke.  We created a custom skin but are unsure as to where we need to put the files in our solution.  We currently have them in the root (Skin name "MySkin") and in the web.confing we have an appsetting that is: 

<add key="Telerik.Skin" value="MySkin" />

This does not work - our skin is not appearing on the control.  Are we putting the files in the correct spot, and are we registering the skin correctly for use?  If not please advise.

Thanks!

Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
115 views
Hi,
I use dotnetnuke and am excited to migrate to the Rad Ajax version of the controls.  I have a few modules that use the original ASP.NET modules.  Assuming I'm using the new skin "ajax" version skin objects, menu and editor provider (when it's available), is it possible to have modules that depend on the old modules still function?  Would I need to put assemblies in the bin folders for each desktop module?

Any strategies or thoughts are appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
Dave Gerding
Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 09 Jun 2008
1 answer
99 views
I've got a model like this:

1. Page1 has a link to open a window1(200x200) and loads Page2 in window1.

2. Page2 has a link which opens a window2 (400x400) and loads page3 in window2.

3. Page3 has a button to do some server side processing when clicked.

4. After this, window2 closes and page2 reloads but not page1.

Also, I'd require window2 to be over not inside window1. Is this possible?
Julian Roberts
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2008
1 answer
126 views
I have a page with a "Save" button which should remain inactive until all mandatory fields have been filled with data. One of those mandatory fields is a RadGrid which uses the built-in insert/edit/delete-mechanisms.
How can I make it mandatory for the user to add at least one item?
Thanks
s.
Baatezu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 08 Jun 2008
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?