The R2 2020 Service Pack for Telerik UI for Xamarin is live, delivering multiple fixes, extended Blazor bindings and a great new feature for PdfViewer. Read on to learn more!
Manipulate PdfViewer ViewPort Via Code
The R2 2020 Service Pack comes with a brand-new feature for The Telerik UI for Xamarin PdfViewer. You can now easily manipulate the viewport through code. This can be achieved with the help of the ViewPort property and the ChangeViewport()method.
Extend and Improve Mobile Blazor Bindings
We continue to extend and improve our mobile Blazor bindings. In this service pack, we have introduced the RadExpander control. If you are interested in trying it out, you can find all information needed in our documentation.
In addition we upgraded the version of the reference to the MobileBlazorBindings package from v0.2.42-preview to v0.3.26-preview. At the moment of writing this is the latest version of this package and it brings yet another update which is in the version of the Xamarin.Forms package. Our mobile binding now use Xamarin.Forms 22.214.171.1246.
Fixes and Enhancement of Various Telerik UI for Xamarin Controls
Let's take a look at the fixes we've shipped for the Xamarin.Forms components with this Service Pack. We managed to resolve many issues across multiple controls, and here are the highlights:
- PDFViewer: NullReferenceException when switching between layout modes is fixed and an InvalidCastException when loading an empty PDF is fixed.
- Calendar: A memory leak is fixed when AppointmentTemplate is bound to an appointment. An exception is fixed when DisplayDate gets changed in AgendaView on Android. An exception is fixed when the DisplayDate gets changed during scrolling in the AgendaView on iOS. The Z-order of elements inside AgendaView is improved when orientation of android device gets changed.
- ListView: The performance of the control is improved in scenarios utilizing the ItemTemplateSelector. Now it recreates only the containers which get updated. The TapAndHold gesture now highlights the item in Andoid just like in iOS.
- MaskedInput: The caret no longer skips random places and an exception during automatic tests of Google PlayStore is fixed.
- Pickers: The MinimumTime, MinimumDate, MaximumTime, MaximumDate are now coerced when are set through code.
- TreeView: The LoadOnDemand feature is now improved and can be used in combination with ItemTemplate.
- Button: AgrumentException is fixed on Windows 10 version 1809 or higher.
- Border: NullReferenceException is thrown with Xamarin.Forms 4.7 on iOS
- SpreadProcessing: Introduced support for import/export from/to XLSX format of Text Rotation XML attribute. A NullReferenceException is fixed for scenarios when the FindOptions does not contain a start cell.
- WordsProcessing: A KeyNotFoundException is fixed when importing RTF document which has an invalid Font Family name. In addition we have introduced several improvements related to working with images.
- PdfProcessing: An ArgumentException is fixed when importing a document containing form fields with the same fully qualified name. A StackOverflowException is fixed when cloning documents containing links to the same page.
Share Your Feedback
Feel free to drop us a comment below sharing your thoughts. Or visit our Feedback portal for Telerik UI for Xamarin and let us know if you have any suggestions or if you need any particular features/controls.